Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: vikings.com

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Re: vikings.com

"singersp" wrote:

Why are you guys searching other teams sites?

Actually Singers, let me give ya the heads up. I was born and raised in West Palm Beach Florida... My brother is a huge Tampa Bay fan(guess he hasn't cam to his senses yet).

He goes on their site all the time, and when he finds something that he likes, he tells me to go check it out. Also say when we pick up a new coach, or player that I haven't seen or heard about, I will go to the site of their last team and see what kind of info I can gather up..

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

Actually Singers, let me give ya the heads up. I was born and raised in West Palm Beach Florida... My brother is a huge Tampa Bay fan(guess he hasn't cam to his senses yet).

He goes on their site all the time, and when he finds something that he likes, he tells me to go check it out. Also say when we pick up a new coach, or player that I haven't seen or heard about, I will go to the site of their last team and see what kind of info I can gather up..
    I can accept that! If I want to find stats on other players, past & present, I go here or to NFL.com;

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/TarkFr00.htm

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

jhirchak1 is offline Rookie

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "ltrey33" wrote:
    Vikings.com is actually the reason I sought out PP.O in the first place. I realized I couldn't get Vikings news for crap on the official website, so I serched for another outlet and found this site! Thank you Vikings.com for sucking!
    True Dat.

I actually sent the web company(atomic playpen) an email about 1.5 years ago telling them their site was jacked up. I find it hard to use besides not being updated quickly. Apparently they don't care or didn't believe me.

Yes, thanks for PPO!
    Do you still have their contact info or email address? Maybe if we got alot of PPO members to send in complaints they would do something about it.

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

Well, official sites are usually crap. Fansites are almost always better. If you want info on a band, or sports team.. fansites are always better.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

"scottishvike" wrote:
    Am I alone in thinking the official Vikings site isn't as good as it could be? If I want any info on the Vikes PPO is the first place I come to followed by a google news search. I have gone on other official NFL sites to get the lowdown on other teams and to be honest they put vikings.com to shame. Fair enough for actual news its ok but the rest of the content is somewhat lacking, where are the downloads, forums, videos, editorials etc?

IMO we deserve better, I'm just glad that PPO is here definitely the best Vikings site on the web, and you guys do it for free! However someone is getting paid for the official site and frankly it's not good enough.
    And you have no idea how much money they spent putting together that piece of crap. Blame Atomic Playpen. Their web strategy always sounds good, but sucks in real life. Web property after web property they talk a good game and then fuck it up. Piss poor, and its a shame.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

You go webby!! This site rules!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"jhirchak1" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "ltrey33" wrote:
    Vikings.com is actually the reason I sought out PP.O in the first place. I realized I couldn't get Vikings news for crap on the official website, so I serched for another outlet and found this site! Thank you Vikings.com for sucking!
    True Dat.

I actually sent the web company(atomic playpen) an email about 1.5 years ago telling them their site was jacked up. I find it hard to use besides not being updated quickly. Apparently they don't care or didn't believe me.

Yes, thanks for PPO!
    Do you still have their contact info or email address? Maybe if we got alot of PPO members to send in complaints they would do something about it.
    It is somewhere on the bottom of the page on the Viking site.

http://www.vikings.com/contactus.html

They don't want to change it. It is there job. They have to get others peoples business to make money. They don't want to maintain the site anymore than they have to, unless they get paid to change it.

PPO on the other hand has pride behind it. Webby puts this site out there and and it is on his shoulders. It is amazing how that works. You pay people for something and all they want out of it is money and something done for nothing is based on pride. I didn't put it across the best, but I hope someone understands what I am saying.

"singersp" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

I can accept that! If I want to find stats on other players, past & present, I go here or to NFL.com;

Thanks for the link Singers. I have it on my favorites list.. Nice read on Fran by the way..

"webmaster" wrote:
    "scottishvike" wrote:
    Am I alone in thinking the official Vikings site isn't as good as it could be? If I want any info on the Vikes PPO is the first place I come to followed by a google news search. I have gone on other official NFL sites to get the lowdown on other teams and to be honest they put vikings.com to shame. Fair enough for actual news its ok but the rest of the content is somewhat lacking, where are the downloads, forums, videos, editorials etc?

IMO we deserve better, I'm just glad that PPO is here definitely the best Vikings site on the web, and you guys do it for free! However someone is getting paid for the official site and frankly it's not good enough.
    And you have no idea how much money they spent putting together that piece of crap. Blame Atomic Playpen. Their web strategy always sounds good, but sucks in real life. Web property after web property they talk a good game and then F!!ck it up. Piss poor, and its a shame.

Hey Webby, if I haven't told ya yet. Thanks for the awesome site that is PPO. This site rocks, and makes the offseason go by much faster.. Beside all that, being from Wisconsin it is nice to know I can go somewhere and talk and hear about the Vikes..

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

Also looking for coaching staff memebers, sometimes going direct to the source is the best method. I use that site above also.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast