Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: vikings.com

scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

vikings.com

Am I alone in thinking the official Vikings site isn't as good as it could be? If I want any info on the Vikes PPO is the first place I come to followed by a google news search. I have gone on other official NFL sites to get the lowdown on other teams and to be honest they put vikings.com to shame. Fair enough for actual news its ok but the rest of the content is somewhat lacking, where are the downloads, forums, videos, editorials etc?

IMO we deserve better, I'm just glad that PPO is here definitely the best Vikings site on the web, and you guys do it for free! However someone is getting paid for the official site and frankly it's not good enough.

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

Re: vikings.com

at last someone thinking wat ive been thinking ...that site is a joke it can be 2 days after a game before they get the site updated with the score im glad i found this site. also there is no real reason to go there except for wallpapers and they are lacking
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I guess I haven't been to that site in a while. I never thought it was too bad, but since I found this place I really don't go to other viking websites!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

I for one don't think they update the news often enough. I do my own searching & post the latest articles here early in the morning.

That's why you come here for the latest news here 1st!

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

It does kinda of suck.. I like to go on that site to see the pics of our new coaches, but it takes forever to get them on. Some of the new coaches still aren't on there yet.. IMO, Tampa Bay has one of the better websites in the NFL. They always have cool intros, and when you scroll over their headlines it always says something really cool..

The Vikings website is somewhat boring. I wish it were different, but lets face it. If we want news on our Vikings we have the best fan site on the net right here at PPO...

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Why are you guys searching other teams sites?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Vikings.com is actually the reason I sought out PP.O in the first place. I realized I couldn't get Vikings news for crap on the official website, so I serched for another outlet and found this site! Thank you Vikings.com for sucking!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"ltrey33" wrote:
    Vikings.com is actually the reason I sought out PP.O in the first place. I realized I couldn't get Vikings news for crap on the official website, so I serched for another outlet and found this site! Thank you Vikings.com for sucking!
    True Dat.

I actually sent the web company(atomic playpen) an email about 1.5 years ago telling them their site was jacked up. I find it hard to use besides not being updated quickly. Apparently they don't care or didn't believe me.

Yes, thanks for PPO!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:

Why are you guys searching other teams sites?
    Whoring around the league, I guess.

The Vikings website makes it so easy to do so in the pull down menus at the top of the page.

I don't go to other teams official sites unless I am looking for some specific on another player or maybe some roster info, oh and sometimes for team history.

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

Yeah, vikings.com seems like it is never updated. Only after games and that isnt until like monday morning. Thank God I found pp.o or thats the only place I could go to get vikings news.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast