FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

Vikings coaching staff finalized

Vikings Announce 2014 Coaching Staff

Priefer still around as are George Stewart and Jeff Davidson.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by FuadFan View Post
    Vikings Announce 2014 Coaching Staff

Priefer still around as are George Stewart and Jeff Davidson.
    Priefer was an interesting keep. Guess the FO doesn't feel the allegations are that well founded?

Also, noticed we now have 3 assistants that are sons of current/former HC's in the NFL. Scott Turner, Adam Zimmer and Klint Kubiak. I guess only Klint is qualified since his dad is not on staff.

Let the new era begin, starting with offseason player moves and see what kind of team these guys are going to build. Don't forget the sports psychologist on staff, supposedly this was a key component to Seattle's success.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Priefer was an interesting keep. Guess the FO doesn't feel the allegations are that well founded?
    The Vikings cannot fire a qualified coach for allegations. That is illegal and unethical. The Vikings could have fired him in the staff change, but they did not. We will see how this plays out.

Also, noticed we now have 3 assistants that are sons of current/former HC's in the NFL. Scott Turner, Adam Zimmer and Klint Kubiak. I guess only Klint is qualified since his dad is not on staff.
    I wonder how the minority players feel about that. Going from a black head coach to having three white old boy network nepotism coaches on staff is certainly a change.

Let the new era begin, starting with offseason player moves and see what kind of team these guys are going to build.
    The players will be the key. Zimmer and Turner have shown that they can do well with good personnel on the field.

Don't forget the sports psychologist on staff, supposedly this was a key component to Seattle's success.
    Not just that, the Vikings need some sabermetrics people to help the scouting staff. Seattle embraced sabermetrics, and it helped create a winner.

drewlovs is offline Pro-Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    The Vikings cannot fire a qualified coach for allegations. That is illegal and unethical. The Vikings could have fired him in the staff change, but they did not. We will see how this plays out.

I wonder how the minority players feel about that. Going from a black head coach to having three white old boy network nepotism coaches on staff is certainly a change.

The players will be the key. Zimmer and Turner have shown that they can do well with good personnel on the field.

Not just that, the Vikings need some sabermetrics people to help the scouting staff. Seattle embraced sabermetrics, and it helped create a winner.
    Again with the minority angle. The vikings have had 2 black HCs, along with at least 4 black starting QBs since I've become an adult. Our team has shown time and time again they WILL give minorities the opportunities if they feel they have the goods, something other teams might take a lesson from.

If you want to bash other teams that have shown zero inclination to hire minority coaches, I am 100% on board and will agree with you fully. But give this team a break; they hired Zimmer and Turner, then let those men hire fill out the rest of the coaching staff. If the lily white coaching hires suck ass, then fire them and try again; and if THAT happens, we will probably see another black HC in Minnesota.
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.
    ~Napoleon Bonaparte

What does minority have to do with this? They hired the guy they thought gives the team the best chance to win.

You people slinging around the race card have issues. Most people I know don't even see race. It's a non issue for the majority of the country.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

Ranger is offline Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post

Nepotism pisses off white coaches as well.

What about the lack of women coaches in all levels of football? It's easy to bitch about something, but to be honest, the VIkings are a pretty legitimate organization when it comes to picking the best option regardless of race.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

Vikings coaching staff finalized

Honestly, y'all are wearing me out with this shit.

We kept three very good coaches.

Skol Vikings!

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by drewlovs View Post
    Again with the minority angle. The vikings have had 2 black HCs, along with at least 4 black starting QBs since I've become an adult. Our team has shown time and time again they WILL give minorities the opportunities if they feel they have the goods, something other teams might take a lesson from.
    I bring up the minority angle because many players are minorities. They may not be happy about this, and it is legitimate.

Nepotism affects white coaches too, and some NFL owners do not allow it.

I am hardly just bringing this up now. Dennis Green hired inexperienced coaches who were minorities that had no business be hired at that level at that point in their careers, and I questioned those hires at that time as well.

I want a winner. I want proven experienced coaches. I do not want a training ground for coaches' sons or inexperienced coaches in the minority program. Any potential loss of skill or edge is going to be questioned.