2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni

Which Vikings' Coaches Might Stay With Mike Zimmer's Staff?

Which Vikings' Coaches Might Stay With Mike Zimmer's Staff? - Daily Norseman

The team hired former Tennessee Titans defensive coordinator Jerry Gray to be their defensive backs coach on Wednesday, ending the tenure of secondary coach Joe Woods, who had been with the team since the Childress era.

Love the house cleaning. Something that's been much needed. Especially at this position...

kingpin9995 is offline Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by idahovikefan7 View Post
    Love the house cleaning. Something that's been much needed. Especially at this position...
    Keep Pheiffer, and send a messge to Kluwe to go ^%& himself. Coward of a man. Mr.
    Moral waits a year to tell his story while trying to find any mike that would listen to him
    on the plight of gay people to marry. I'm surprised he was not at the Grammy's last night
    singing next to Queen Latifa as we had to watch the ring swap as the left again feels
    the need to ram their agenda down our throats. I had a tear in my eye just like
    the camera caught of Keith Urban, the recovering everything that is a waste of space
    on American Idol. Of course Zimmer will not keep Pheiffer. The pressure from the left
    will make sure of that. The Al Sharpton and Revvvvverand Jackson's of the gay rights
    community will be calling for his dismissal. How dare Pheiffer have a different view of
    marriage between a a man and a man or a woman and a woman. What is wrong with'
    this hater? How dare he ?

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpin9995 View Post
    Keep Pheiffer, and send a messge to Kluwe ... Queen Latifa ... Al Sharpton and Revvvvverand Jackson's ....
    You want to keep Pheiffer because he was in a position of authority and used that position to slur gays in the workplace. There are also indications he lied about it to the team owners and to the press. Since you agree with his slurs, you want the Vikings to keep him. Is that correct?

You also dislike black activists in particular because ... they are black, they are activists, or both?

While I disagree with your assessment, I would not mind reading your reasoning behind your statements, but wouldn't it be better to discuss this in the clubhouse? I am thinking your statements, past the first few words, are not germane to this topic.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Moral standings aside I really don't think Priefer was that valuable as a ST coach that he couldn't be replaced.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpin9995 View Post
    Keep Pheiffer, and send a messge to Kluwe to go ^%& himself. Coward of a man. Mr.
    Moral waits a year to tell his story while trying to find any mike that would listen to him
    on the plight of gay people to marry. I'm surprised he was not at the Grammy's last night
    singing next to Queen Latifa as we had to watch the ring swap as the left again feels
    the need to ram their agenda down our throats. I had a tear in my eye just like
    the camera caught of Keith Urban, the recovering everything that is a waste of space
    on American Idol. Of course Zimmer will not keep Pheiffer. The pressure from the left
    will make sure of that. The Al Sharpton and Revvvvverand Jackson's of the gay rights
    community will be calling for his dismissal. How dare Pheiffer have a different view of
    marriage between a a man and a man or a woman and a woman. What is wrong with'
    this hater? How dare he ?
    yeah, dude you are out of line... and as far as the ST coach, he has no business talking about stuff like that in the film room or in the work place... I get free speech but you need to leave negative opinions like these unsaid or voice them in the right forum.... An NFL locker room is not the place for them... He is a good coach though.

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni
    alleged

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Not sure any deserve to stay, we didn't have a single unit that stood out so there is nothing to suggest that any coach deserves to stay. Just bring in a entirely new staff and start fresh.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by 2beersTommy View Post
    alleged
    I agree. We do not know the actual events. To lay ad hominem attacks on either Kluwe or Priefer is unwarranted.

If the allegations are found valid, then Priefer has a lot of explaining to do. That kind of talk has no place in the workplace or in a locker-room, although I suspect that kind of talk was the norm in the NFL until recently.