Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Re:Vikings coach loses cred in locker room

BloodyHorns82 wrote:
    Caine wrote:

None of this shocks me...I actually believe it's accurate - even if it is Yahoo. I wish I knew who "The Player" was...I'll bet Chiller does too...

Caine
    Of course you believe it...it supports your claims. If the story was reversed and it was a bunch of unnamed players praising Childress and his great offensive abilities you would blow it off as a crappy source. That's not a dig on you...that's just human nature.
    Oh, I absolutely agree...perhaps, however, I overstate the final portion. I still hold some questions about the legitimacy of the article - although I believe Yahoo has more credibility than BleacherReport (By FAR!!!). But I have no trouble believing that some player actually said the things in the article...after all, plenty of us fans have said it - repeatedly.

Caine

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Caine wrote:
    BloodyHorns82 wrote:
    Caine wrote:

None of this shocks me...I actually believe it's accurate - even if it is Yahoo. I wish I knew who "The Player" was...I'll bet Chiller does too...

Caine
    Of course you believe it...it supports your claims. If the story was reversed and it was a bunch of unnamed players praising Childress and his great offensive abilities you would blow it off as a crappy source. That's not a dig on you...that's just human nature.
    Oh, I absolutely agree...perhaps, however, I overstate the final portion. I still hold some questions about the legitimacy of the article - although I believe Yahoo has more credibility than BleacherReport (By FAR!!!). But I have no trouble believing that some player actually said the things in the article...after all, plenty of us fans have said it - repeatedly.

Caine
    Fair enough. I can definitely see your point and agree in part.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Personally I am just glad Favre is back with the team. Childress lying to the media or getting others to do so is not a big deal. How many other HCs have done that before? The point is you may not want others that are not in the need to know to actually know what is going on. Who really cares?

Regarding the comments made about Childress: Until the so-called sources come out and admit this actually was said it is all hearsay. Just like any other bit of news that are typed by media trying to stir reactions from their readers.

We may never know if these quotes were really said or not. I would be pretty sure that if a team or certain players was not trusting of their HC they would do their best to get out of that situation. I personally do not see a lot of that happening. I know when I didn't like my coach in high school (he was DB coach in football and baseball coach). I chose to play Tri-County baseball because I didn't like his leadership. Unfortunately I had no choices if i wanted to play football so I dealt with it. The pros have more options than I ever would as a high school student.

Everything at this point is pure speculation. People will believe what they want to believe because it suppors their views. I actually support Childress and I believe that all of it is BS until someone outright says it isn't. Just like I would do if there were an article praising Childress.

I personally think the entire article is poo. This team IS a Superbowl contending team. The players on this team know this. It would make no sense at all for an "unnamed" player to say this sort of thing to a hack like Cole even if it were true.

There would be no positive results from getting this information out. IF an unnamed player actually exist, then man up and say you said it. Then get ready to play for the Bills or Browns if its so terrible here.
    I'd much rather see the Packers miss the playoffs because of their talent then because of their injuries.

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

Caine wrote:
    This entire article is made of things I have been saying for YEARS about Chiller. Including his perceived complete power within the organization (Which the author points out as well).

Caine
    So tell me... what exactly is your explanation for the continued improvement in the MN Vikings record? Happenstance? Luck? It's not even conceivable that it's the continued coaching of the talent we have?

Also, please explain how after 18 years in the league, after having played under a variety of coaches, having played with talent equal to if not superior to what the Vikings had for a supporting cast, and having played in better physical condition... Brett Favre came into the offense created by Childress and had the best year of his 19 year career? How did someone as inept (in your opinion) as Childress create a situation so vastly superior to any other situation BF encoutered in his previous 18 years of playing to enable BF to have a career year in his 40s? Please, explain that.

I get it... Chilly's not likeable... he looks like a doof... he sounds like a doof... but the stats speak for themselves. The team has gotten better consistently year after year in all aspects of football. The team's track record in the draft has been tremendous under his leadership. The man may have the personality of a wet rag, but he knows what he's doing.

It just pains me... actually makes me sad... that some people are so full of themselves that no amount of data will ever show them the errors of their ways... even after we win the Super Bowl... you'll be calling it luck versus acknowledging the talents and skills of the man at the top.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

Oh yeah, on topic... seriously, who cares?

You think there's a single team in the league... heck, a single company in the world, who doesn't have at least 1 employee (player) who believes that management is composed entirely of idiots and that they (or a pack of wild monkeys) could run it better?

The Vikings wouldn't have assembled the cast of talent they have if the players didn't respect Childress, want to play for this organization, and believe this team was on the right path.

EJ Henderson is battling back from 2 consecutive years of devastating injuries just to play again... would you do that for a coach you didn't like?

Phat Pat has accepted a lesser role and postponed retirement to play for this team again... would you do that for a coach you didn't respect and a team that was going no where?

Winfield is still playing past his prime even with nagging injuries... would you if you didn't like being in that organization?

Brett Favre has come out of retirement (twice by some accounts) to play for this coach, in this offense, on this team... potentially risking his legacy... would you do that for a man you didn't respect who was completely inept, and couldn't run an offense?

Outside of the QB situation scaring off TJ Who'shismama (thank goodness there!), the Vikings have had NO trouble landing the talent they've sought... that is not an indication of a split locker room or a lack of respect for the man at the top. The Vikings leaders, Winnie, Hutch, Allen have spoken positively of Childress and are often supportive of the teams initiatives... would they stack their personal reputations to help recruit talent into an organization they themselves didn't want to be in?

The article is crap and shouldn't have been written as it's meaningless, and I didn't even read it! They could carbon copy the same crap about every team or company in the world and leaving the same annonymous source, be safe. Who cares.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

The first red flag was Yahoo Sports. The second Jason Cole. Then un-named player. LOL

Sajid28 is offline Coordinator

just saw on bspn that chris mortensen agreed with the report from yahoo sports

[quote]BleedinPandG wrote
    Caine wrote:
    This entire article is made of things I have been saying for YEARS about Chiller. Including his perceived complete power within the organization (Which the author points out as well).

Caine
    So tell me... what exactly is your explanation for the continued improvement in the MN Vikings record? Happenstance? Luck? It's not even conceivable that it's the continued coaching of the talent we have?
    Not really...if you recall the '05 season (The last under Tice), we were 9-7, and looking at one of the EASIEST schedules we'd seen in years. Chiller comes in, promises a KAO, and manages to go 6-10...

wow.

Of course, almost immediately the critics were out - they pointed to his lack of play calling experience, his overblown coaching record, his inflexibility, and - despite an open bank account from Wilf - his hiring of Bevell (Who was even LESS qualified than Steve Loney had been the year before). And that's just the easy ones.

No one really blamed him for Culpepper leaving, and no one blamed him for Moss.

But his new and improved team managed only 6-10.

2007 - Chiller promises that Jackson - his 2nd round reach project in '06 - is ready to lead the team...but he really isn't. Instead, Rookie Adrian Peterson exceeds all expectations and blows the doors off the NFL. This saves Chillers bacon because his KAO is crippled. He has NO passing game at all, and only the play of Peterson/Taylor and the Defense allows the Vikes to claw their way to 8-8.

2008 - Chiller boldly promises that Jackson is "Ready to lead"..and benches him for Frerotte after two lousy games. Frerotte capitalizes on the acquisition of Berrian and the emergence of Shiancoe to get the Vikings into 1st place in the NFCN...of course, it doesn't hurt that the Lions (0-16), Bears (9-7), and Packers (6-10) ALL manage to self-destruct.

2009 - Chiller AGAIN tells the world that he has confidence in Jackson...then begs Favre to unretire again. Favre does, and the KAO finally emerges...with Favre leading it.

The way I see it, the only reason we've continued to improve is that Chiller & company managed to plug in Veterans in key positions. Favre, Berrian, Allen, etc. Chiller's pet project - Jackson - pretty much floundered.

BleedinPandG wrote
    Also, please explain how after 18 years in the league, after having played under a variety of coaches, having played with talent equal to if not superior to what the Vikings had for a supporting cast, and having played in better physical condition... Brett Favre came into the offense created by Childress and had the best year of his 19 year career? How did someone as inept (in your opinion) as Childress create a situation so vastly superior to any other situation BF encoutered in his previous 18 years of playing to enable BF to have a career year in his 40s? Please, explain that.
    1: Chiller didn't "create" this offense...it's the same one Favre has been running for YEARS.

2: Favre wanted to go out on top - Thompson screwed him over, and the best team out there without a QB was Minnesota...and we run the offense he knows. It was a LOGICAL fit.

Take a look back at the League in '08-'09, how many legitimate play off teams needed a QB? Only Minnesota.

How many of them ran the WCO that Favre has been playing his entire NFL career? Minnesota.

It had very little to do with Chiller. In fact, had Chiller actually managed to find a QB prior to '09, we never would have gone after Favre.

BleedinPandG wrote
    I get it... Chilly's not likeable... he looks like a doof... he sounds like a doof... but the stats speak for themselves. The team has gotten better consistently year after year in all aspects of football. The team's track record in the draft has been tremendous under his leadership. The man may have the personality of a wet rag, but he knows what he's doing.
    Actually, I rather like his personality. It's his coaching I'm not fond of, his play calling, and his QB development skills (Or complete lack thereof). I'm also not thrilled with his hyperconservative game planning, his inability to fire up his team for big games, his refusal to alter his plans despite continued evidence of failure, and a host of other FOOTBALL related issues.

His personality is quirky and rather humanizing.

BleedinPandG wrote
    It just pains me... actually makes me sad... that some people are so full of themselves that no amount of data will ever show them the errors of their ways... even after we win the Super Bowl... you'll be calling it luck versus acknowledging the talents and skills of the man at the top.
    1: You have no idea what I'll be doing after a Superbowl win. But thanks for trying to characterize me as blindly bitter.

2: It has long been my contention that Chiller hasn't done anything special - but I have ALWAYS given him credit for his team assembly ability - the ONE area I like about him. Of course, if you actually knew anything about me, you'd know that...but you chose to assault out of ignorance.

3: It is my considered opinion that the success of the '09 Vikings had far more to do with Favre than with Chiller. Despite Marrdro's contention that the team carried Favre, I believe the opposite.

4: So, aside from the logical conclusion that Chiller was able to assemble a solid team and that lead to a series of better records, what "data" exists to validate him as a Offensive leader? His KAO never was until Favre got here - and Favre is widely acknowledged as a great offensive leader...Chiller isn't. What other "data" have you got? Anything?

I doubt it.

Caine

Sajid28 wrote:
    just saw on bspn that chris mortensen agreed with the report from yahoo sports
    This one?

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5476579

Caine

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast