Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Vikings coach loses cred in locker room

I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

ndnorseman is offline Pro-Bowler

Re:Vikings coach loses cred in locker room

This seems like it should have come from Bleacher Report, although Yahoo Sports is pretty much on the same scale of so-called "journalism" as BR. The link should instead read like this:

No-name blogger loses (even more) cred on Yahoo.

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

While I agree that the article is poorly written and sounds mainly like hearsay. It does come up with some things that are troubling. If Childress did in fact tell those coaches to lie to the press, it shows that even he knows it was a bit ridiculous to send three players down to talk Farve into joining the team again. I don't think it's complete bologna either as I recall Childress apologizing for Murphy and Bevell in his press conference today.

I'm not a Childress fan by any stretch of the imagination. He may have brought stability to this team that desperately needed it, but he seems stubborn as a mule to me. If Farve hadn't come and been so successful, I have a feeling that we would be looking for a new head coach and I for one would be cheering

Thanks Josdin

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Has this guy been reading my posts?

“Brett thinks Childress has no clue about offense,” a Vikings player said.
    How many times have I said that? OMFG!!!

The heart of the conflict is Childress’ perceived lack of football savvy.
    ... and that...

Some players believe that most of the offensive coaching staff is made up of yes-men like Bevell.
    ...and that...

Furthermore, Childress is the type who doesn’t take outside ideas very well.
    ...and that.

This entire article is made of things I have been saying for YEARS about Chiller. Including his perceived complete power within the organization (Which the author points out as well).

None of this shocks me...I actually believe it's accurate - even if it is Yahoo. I wish I knew who "The Player" was...I'll bet Chiller does too...

Caine

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Caine wrote:
    None of this shocks me...I actually believe it's accurate - even if it is Yahoo. I wish I knew who "The Player" was...I'll bet Chiller does too...
    Strange how Yahoo is the only place that reports this. Don't you think that if any of these "quotes" were really made or true that other outlets might get them, too?

I'll bet that Childress doesn't give a crap about what Yahoo Sports posts.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Zeus wrote:
    Caine wrote:
    Strange how Yahoo is the only place that reports this. Don't you think that if any of these "quotes" were really made or true that other outlets might get them, too?

I'll bet that Childress doesn't give a crap about what Yahoo Sports posts.

=Z=
    actually Judd Zulgad wanted to post it but was afraid of making a pratt of himself - again - in the media.

Hey how's the 'hot news' industry Judd??
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Lol, I actually thought of Caine when I read this article. I also thought of the people who said the opposite of this, I think Marrdro is one of them (not 100% sure).

Whether this is real or just made up, I'm sure Childress is at least a little bothered by it. These things always put seeds of doubt in the back of your mind, whether you can prove its a real article or not.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

I thought of Caine as well.

True or not,there are some challenges regarding the way Favre was handled and those that players who feel they deserve more pay, that will present impediments to team chemistry.

We can only hope the players have a tight bond and common goal despite what else goes on.

BTW, Childress lying to the press is nothing new, so that didn't surprise me nor bother me.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Just thought I'd point out that the article has been edited since it was originally posted (and not marked as updated on the Yahoo! page).

Originally, the article contained this bit:
    "He learned a bunch of plays from watching Andy Reid install them, but he doesn't understand why they work or don't work," another said.
    If you google the story title with 'Reid' or some other part of this quote you can still see the cached portion. You can also see it quoted in a comment on a different Star&Trib story here.

It's the most damning piece of the article in my mind. I'm not sure why that would be taken out, unless the person responsible for the quote asked it to be removed. Even then, I would be surprised unless their was a dispute over its accuracy.

Everything else doesn't seem like a big deal to me. A few players don't like their head coach? Shocking. They think he's stubborn? Wow. No NFL coach has ever been disliked or considered stubborn before!

No doubt their are issues in the locker room as there probably are in any locker room, particularly with so much going on recently. It's possible that a massive number of players hate Childress and it will blow up on the field this year. But I'm guessing they'll go about their business and this will end up with the 'schism' talk of last year if the team is winning.

The only part that would really have me scratching my head and wondering if there is a problem brewing is the perception of the competence thing. And the only actual quote on that got removed. The only other things relating to that are Cole's words and someone other than Brett talking about what Brett thinks.

Oh, and the lying to the press about the guys making the trip was a mistake, but it's not a big deal in my mind. Again, coaches lie all the time about trivial stuff and it's considered part of the game. This time it was just foolish and unnecessary.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Caine wrote:

Caine
    Of course you believe it...it supports your claims. If the story was reversed and it was a bunch of unnamed players praising Childress and his great offensive abilities you would blow it off as a crappy source. That's not a dig on you...that's just human nature.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast