Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Vikings coach Frazier putting time off to good use

For now, Frazier is trying to make the most of all the extra time on his hands. He hired five new coaches on the offensive side of the ball, including new coordinator Bill Musgrave. The new staff is taking this time to meet, look at film of the players on their roster and ensure they're all on the same page whenever the lockout ends.

Also to add as a discussion point:
    The Vikings haven't spoken in much specifics about the new offense that Musgrave is bringing from Atlanta, but it is expected that there will be noticeable changes from the West Coast system Childress and former offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell ran for more than four seasons.
    Musgrave said he will tailor his offense to Pro Bowl running back Adrian Peterson and try to make the transition as seamless as possible for rookie quarterback Christian Ponder, the team's first-round draft pick."Offensively, there will be more changes,' Frazier said. "But not to the point where a Percy Harvin or a Visanthe Shiancoe comes in and goes, 'Man, we have to learn an entire new offense.

Well, there you have it. Another quote directly from a coach sating that the offense will go through fairly significant changes from what they ran under Chilly.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Vikings coach Frazier putting time off to good use

Musgrave said he will tailor his offense to Pro Bowl running back Adrian Peterson
    In other words, he's re-instilling the run, run, pass offense that has worked so great for us in the past.

Of course that makes the transition easier for Ponder, for the most part he simply has to turn & hand off the rock.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1096638
    Well, there you have it. Another quote directly from a coach sating that the offense will go through fairly significant changes from what they ran under Chilly.
    ?

I didn't see anywhere where it stated "the offense will go through fairly significant changes".

I read "noticeable", meaning we as fans will notice the change(s).

"Significant" changes, IMO, would indicate major changes. It doesn't say that.

"Offensively, there will be more changes,' Frazier said. "But not to the point where a Percy Harvin or a Visanthe Shiancoe comes in and goes, 'Man, we have to learn an entire new offense.

I'm thinking it will more involve the 2-3 TE sets & Frazier/Musgrave won't make stupid calls like throwing for 3 yards or less when you need 4-5 (A chiller trademark)

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1096651
    Musgrave said he will tailor his offense to Pro Bowl running back Adrian Peterson
    In other words, he's re-instilling the run, run, pass offense that has worked so great for us in the past.

Of course that makes the transition easier for Ponder, for the most part he simply has to turn & hand off the rock.
    That's an unfair assumption.

Maybe he means he's going to work the screen game more? Maybe it means there's going to be more pre-snap motion, a better blocking scheme, a fullback as a lead blocker, more misdirection, more play action. It could be anything. It doesn't necessarily mean that it's going to be run-run-pass.

And that run-run-pass offense can work. But not when it's run by an incompetent asshole. If you pull your All-Pro, best running back in the league, who carried it for you on 1st and 2nd down when it's 3rd & 3 and run play action, of course it's not going to work.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1096652
    ?

I didn't see anywhere where it stated "the offense will go through fairly significant changes".

"Offensively, there will be more changes,' Frazier said. "But not to the point where a Percy Harvin or a Visanthe Shiancoe comes in and goes, 'Man, we have to learn an entire new offense.

I'm thinking it will more involve the 2-3 TE sets & Frazier/Musgrave won't make stupid calls like throwing for 3 yards or less when you need 4-5 (A chiller trademark)
    I imagine you can try to dissect and be as anal about it as you want really. If you have a different interpretation then you are certainly welcome to it.

In the end without the Failed coach and QB implementing and executing it I am optimistic it will look very different than it did last year. You are free to look at it differently if you choose.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

no link? making me google it... damn you
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1096664
    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1096652
    ?

I imagine you can try to dissect and be as anal about it as you want really. If you have a different interpretation then you are certainly welcome to it.

In the end without the Failed coach and QB implementing and executing it I am optimistic it will look very different than it did last year. You are free to look at it differently if you choose.
    I'm not being anal about it. I'm taking it as I read it. You are exploding it into illusions of grandeur, as to it changing significantly & putting more into it than what it's actually saying.

While you may think significant & noticeable are the same (it's your right) I do not.