Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings Club in Chicago!

"SKOL" wrote:
    "V-Unit" wrote:
    "Webby" wrote:
    Yeah, some folks took our bar listings.

The bar listing will be back once the guy I bought the program from to display them, which was supposed to be sweeter than the old one, gets it fixed.

(holding breathe)
    In the meantime could you clue me in on a good Vikings bar in Dallas? I'm moving in less than two weeks and I need to know!
    Keep watching for Webby's updated list here.
    In the meantime I found this on another site.

Dallas: T-N-T Sports Page (on BeltLine and Preston Rd)

There's a couple in Arlington too, Dallas / Fort Worth Metro :

Arlington: Bobby Valentine's Sports Gallery
    Arlington: No Frills Grill (I-20 & Little Rd)
    I might live on Preston Rd.!

That bar is 2 minutes away from the apartment complex I'm looking at!

SKOL!
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"ChiVike" wrote:
    I KNOW I CAN’T BE THE ONLY VIKINGS FAN IN A TOWN OF MILLIONS!?!? Over the entire summer I have actively sought a Minnesota Vikings booster club in the Chicagoland area. I’ve searched all over the web and have made several phone calls. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, knows anything about a booster club here! I know that in a town this large (and so close to MN) there have to be tons of Vikings fans hiding somewhere. SO…I've decided to start a Vikings fan club here in Chicago. I know we’re extremely close to the beginning of the season, but I’m off to a good start! I've secured Redmonds Bar (near Wrigley Field at Sheffield Ave. & Roscoe St.) for the first regular season game: Monday night, Sep. 11, 6pm. The brand new owners have agreed to televise the first few games with sound and run some food and drink specials in their back room.
    They will decide whether or not to continue their support based on Vikings fan attendance during the first 2-3 games. I could really use all the help I can get in passing this information along.
    Please, please, please pass the word & tell anyone who's interested to contact me at [email protected] Thanks & Go Vikings!

I don't know how good of a crowd you will get tonight because of the national TV broadcast but hopefully over the next few games you can get a following going and keep the bar supporting the Vikes.
    There has been a number of Illinois Viking fans on the site over the years, and one of the biggest Viking fans in Chicago is TNT she is from Minnesota but moved to Chicago and maybe she will need a place to watch the games that aren't shown in the Chicago market.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

ChiVike is offline Waterboy

"whackthepack" wrote:
    "ChiVike" wrote:
    I KNOW I CAN’T BE THE ONLY VIKINGS FAN IN A TOWN OF MILLIONS!?!? Over the entire summer I have actively sought a Minnesota Vikings booster club in the Chicagoland area. I’ve searched all over the web and have made several phone calls. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, knows anything about a booster club here! I know that in a town this large (and so close to MN) there have to be tons of Vikings fans hiding somewhere. SO…I've decided to start a Vikings fan club here in Chicago. I know we’re extremely close to the beginning of the season, but I’m off to a good start! I've secured Redmonds Bar (near Wrigley Field at Sheffield Ave. & Roscoe St.) for the first regular season game: Monday night, Sep. 11, 6pm. The brand new owners have agreed to televise the first few games with sound and run some food and drink specials in their back room.
    They will decide whether or not to continue their support based on Vikings fan attendance during the first 2-3 games. I could really use all the help I can get in passing this information along.
    Please, please, please pass the word & tell anyone who's interested to contact me at [email protected] Thanks & Go Vikings!

I don't know how good of a crowd you will get tonight because of the national TV broadcast but hopefully over the next few games you can get a following going and keep the bar supporting the Vikes.
    There has been a number of Illinois Viking fans on the site over the years, and one of the biggest Viking fans in Chicago is TNT she is from Minnesota but moved to Chicago and maybe she will need a place to watch the games that aren't shown in the Chicago market.
    The turnout was pretty good.
    There were about 20-25 Vikings fans there.
    I'm with you...Ithink more will show up when they can't get the game at home.
    I'll check out TNT.
    I'm also a misplaced Minnesotan. :'(

stonecutter is offline Waterboy

people still meeting at redmond's tomorrow?
    keyshawn is a poor man's CC, he can't hurt us w/o smith.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

sounds like a lot of fun, but it's way too far for a naperville boy. hopefully i will hook up with some ppo members some day out here in my neck of the woods
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

"ChiVike" wrote:

Nice job chitownvike!! I hope things go well for you!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

I'm in Chigago now... I'll definitely have to come for a game!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12