Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1
    ChiVike is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    6

    Vikings Club in Chicago!

    I KNOW I CAN’T BE THE ONLY VIKINGS FAN IN A TOWN OF MILLIONS!?!? Over the entire summer I have actively sought a Minnesota Vikings booster club in the Chicagoland area. I’ve searched all over the web and have made several phone calls. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, knows anything about a booster club here! I know that in a town this large (and so close to MN) there have to be tons of Vikings fans hiding somewhere. SO…I've decided to start a Vikings fan club here in Chicago. I know we’re extremely close to the beginning of the season, but I’m off to a good start! I've secured Redmonds Bar (near Wrigley Field at Sheffield Ave. & Roscoe St.) for the first regular season game: Monday night, Sep. 11, 6pm. The brand new owners have agreed to televise the first few games with sound and run some food and drink specials in their back room.
    They will decide whether or not to continue their support based on Vikings fan attendance during the first 2-3 games. I could really use all the help I can get in passing this information along.
    Please, please, please pass the word & tell anyone who's interested to contact me at [email protected] Thanks & Go Vikings!

  2. #2
    SKOL's Avatar
    SKOL is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3,735

    Re: Vikings Club in Chicago!

    I hope it goes well.
    There are a number of regular posters on here from Chicago or suburbs.
    I'd guess you'll get some support.

    The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

  3. #3
    SKOL's Avatar
    SKOL is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3,735

    Re: Vikings Club in Chicago!

    I'm having trouble getting GAMEDAY:VIKINGS BARS to load on this site, but it looks like Redmonds is one of the Illinois, Vikings Bars on a rival site:

    Aurora: Bud's (Fox Valley Mall)
    Cubby Bear (Clark & Addison, across from Wrigley Field!) - an informal gathering of 10-20 Vikes faithful show up weekly.
    Chicago: Redmonds (North Sheffield)
    Des Plaines: Frankies Two
    Downers Grove: Bud's
    Edison Park: Morettis
    Great Lakes: Flanigan's (HWY. 41 and Buckley Rd.)
    Rockford: Franks Sports Page
    Rockford: Legends Bar & Grill
    Rockford: Stadium Lounge
    Palos Heights: Game Time Sports Bar & Grill
    Schaumburg: Alumni Club
    Roselle: Bud's Place III
    Wakegan: The Muck (On Grand Ave West of Lewis)
    Wrigleyville: Redmonds

    These may be good places to start if you want to recruit.

    The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

  4. #4
    ChiVike is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    6

    Re: Vikings Club in Chicago!

    "SKOL" wrote:
    I'm having trouble getting GAMEDAY:VIKINGS BARS to load on this site, but it looks like Redmonds is one of the Illinois, Vikings Bars on a rival site:

    Aurora: Bud's (Fox Valley Mall)
    Cubby Bear (Clark & Addison, across from Wrigley Field!) - an informal gathering of 10-20 Vikes faithful show up weekly.
    Chicago: Redmonds (North Sheffield)
    Des Plaines: Frankies Two
    Downers Grove: Bud's
    Edison Park: Morettis
    Great Lakes: Flanigan's (HWY. 41 and Buckley Rd.)
    Rockford: Franks Sports Page
    Rockford: Legends Bar & Grill
    Rockford: Stadium Lounge
    Palos Heights: Game Time Sports Bar & Grill
    Schaumburg: Alumni Club
    Roselle: Bud's Place III
    Wakegan: The Muck (On Grand Ave West of Lewis)
    Wrigleyville: Redmonds

    These may be good places to start if you want to recruit.
    Thanks for the list! I'll check out Cubby Bear & see if I can recruit there.
    I had heard that the old owners of Redmonds catered to Vikings fans, so i decided to approach the new owners with the idea of supporting a booster club.
    I'm not sure if any of the owners (old or new) are big Vikes fans, but I appreciate their willingness to help me out.
    Hopefully I get some purple faithful out there for the first few games so I can keep the club goin'!!

  5. #5
    Webby's Avatar
    Webby is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Aug 1998
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    8,976
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Vikings Club in Chicago!

    Yeah, some folks took our bar listings.


    The bar listing will be back once the guy I bought the program from to display them, which was supposed to be sweeter than the old one, gets it fixed.

    (holding breathe)

  6. #6
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: Vikings Club in Chicago!

    Did somebody say beer?

  7. #7
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Vikings Club in Chicago!

    "Webby" wrote:
    Yeah, some folks took our bar listings.


    The bar listing will be back once the guy I bought the program from to display them, which was supposed to be sweeter than the old one, gets it fixed.

    (holding breathe)
    In the meantime could you clue me in on a good Vikings bar in Dallas? I'm moving in less than two weeks and I need to know!
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  8. #8
    SKOL's Avatar
    SKOL is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3,735

    Re: Vikings Club in Chicago!

    "V-Unit" wrote:
    "Webby" wrote:
    Yeah, some folks took our bar listings.



    The bar listing will be back once the guy I bought the program from to display them, which was supposed to be sweeter than the old one, gets it fixed.

    (holding breathe)
    In the meantime could you clue me in on a good Vikings bar in Dallas? I'm moving in less than two weeks and I need to know!
    Keep watching for Webby's updated list here.
    In the meantime I found this on another site.


    Dallas: T-N-T Sports Page (on BeltLine and Preston Rd)

    There's a couple in Arlington too, Dallas / Fort Worth Metro :

    Arlington: Bobby Valentine's Sports Gallery
    Arlington: No Frills Grill (I-20 & Little Rd)

    The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

  9. #9
    gregair13's Avatar
    gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    14,579

    Re: Vikings Club in Chicago!

    there are fans somewhere in your city. you just need to look under stuff
    We're bringing purple back.

  10. #10
    WBLVikeBabe's Avatar
    WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,614

    Re: Vikings Club in Chicago!

    "gregair13" wrote:
    there are fans somewhere in your city. you just need to look under stuff
    Oh that helps
    :

    [move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Chicago Vikings Fan
    By Mpalac4 in forum Free Beer!
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-04-2011, 08:27 PM
  2. Two club level seats Vikings/Rams 10/11/09
    By TARKenton in forum Tix & Such
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-09-2009, 10:36 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-06-2009, 02:40 PM
  4. Vikings might crowd out another gun club
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-03-2006, 03:07 PM
  5. NW Vikings Fan Club
    By vikesls in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-10-2004, 12:34 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •