Page 40 of 47 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Vikings vice president Lester Bagley said the team's billionaire owners, New Jersey developers Zygi and Mark Wilf, decided to lock in the deal rather than hold out for better terms, knowing the Legislature had only two days left to act.

"It is a heavy lift but it is the right thing to do for Minnesota," Bagley said.
    Minn. Vikings a Vote Away From New Stadium - ABC News

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Like I said. They took the deal

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by STCLOUDSAYSGOVIKES View Post
    Where do you come up with this shit.The dome was built on a dime, i can't speak to why it was such a shithole, i was 10 years old. The stadium needs to be either retractable or enclosed. There are going to be many many other events hosted there. The wilfs will be very happy with the stadium, as will the fans and all others involved.
    Because i looked at the cost, the number of seats and the number of games. it wasn't hard.

As far as riding the north star goes, i live in st. cloud and there is no way i am going to pay to park at the dome or new stadium. I save upwards of $30 on parking, as service connected vets. ride for free. In this case, YOU are the dumb ass that pays for parking, while i save my money for food, beer and contributing to the members that pay for the parking passes.
    yeah well 30 dollars is chicken scratch compared to what you are going to pay for a comparable ticket, concessions and merchandising. Hopefully you factored in that the average ticket is going to more than likely jump from 78 dollars to in the 150 area. You might want to consider the bike trail.

They can put in a request to the NFL the day the first shovel goes in the ground, and host it in as little as 2 years after it's built. Being there are no other new stadiums built at the moment, we will get it. Besides that, weather is no longer a factor as NY is hosting one either this next season or the following one, i don't remember which.
    They can make the request but that doesn't mean they get it. Even so you are talking about moving my time line by what, a year?

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Because i looked at the cost, the number of seats and the number of games. it wasn't hard.

yeah well 30 dollars is chicken scratch compared to what you are going to pay for a comparable ticket, concessions and merchandising. Hopefully you factored in that the average ticket is going to more than likely jump from 78 dollars to in the 150 area. You might want to consider the bike trail.

They can make the request but that doesn't mean they get it. Even so you are talking about moving my time line by what, a year?
    LOL.

I think that claiming the Vikings will be looking for a new stadium in 10 years is more than a little bit pessimistic.

I agree that there could have been a better location and a better design (although open air isn't the answer), but I also see this stadium being built with a helluva lot more amenities than the dome was. The Metrodome was dated when it opened, and it was built with very little input from the Vikings. This stadium is being designed to be up to date when it opens, with thought being given to how the game is evolving. No one can say for sure what the league will be like in 30 years, but at least an effort is being made to keep this stadium relevant.

Also, the Vikings have stated that the expected average price for a ticket in the new stadium will be $97. Obviously that can change, but I doubt it will open at $150. That would not be a sustainable price for tickets once the newness of the stadium wore off.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Blog Entries
    Update, the Senate has just called to session. I believe the only item on the agenda is the committee bill.

EDIT: I stand corrected. They are going to go over and approve the Revisors Bill first. Should take less than 30 minutes/
    Last edited by NodakPaul; 05-10-2012 at 10:48 AM.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    OMG! OMG!! OMG!!! WOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!

I can't believe this is actually happening! I was convinced these policians were going to refuse to work together on anything and just let the Vikings slip away while they sat on their hands shooting dirty looks about the room!

WOW.

BAAAAHWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOO!!!!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Blog Entries
    Senator Rosen is reading through the changes.

Basically the user fees are eliminated but there are blink on fees in the form of surcharges on luxury suites and Vikings lottery tickets that will come on if revenues are not what is expected.

The Vikings contribution was raised by $50 million to $477 million.

Right now Senator Goodwin is asking who is putting money down for the upfront costs. She is doing her best to make it sound like the state is paying for all of the upfront costs... but she is wrong. The state and Vikings both pay $50 million upfront, and then there is a a payment schedule to repay bonds that goes back and forth between the Vikings and the states. The schedule is actually very clearly laid out, I don't know what Goodwin's issue is... nobody else seems to know either.
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

Blog Entries
    Senator Hann is up now asking if the $2.1 million expected from the blink on lottery will take away from other programs funded by the lottery.

Rosen answered by using the test program of Vikings lottery tickets that were used successfully last year. That program generated considerably more than $2.1 million, but they used a conservative estimate for expected revenue in the future.

Also, FYI, the Vikings did get to retain the naming rights.

EDIT; Hann's argument is that putting a sports themed lottery does not increase lottery revenue, just redirects it. He has a point IMHO.

Senator Chamberlain is now complaining that the Conference Committee didn't have a true public hearing. The hearing notice was posted at 7:00pm on Wednesday, and the committee was convened around 11:20 pm last night, with the bill being heard just before midnight.

According to him this wasn't enough time for public notification because it violated Senate rules. Rosen points out that the rules say "as much as practical", not a hard line. She also says that with the high publicity of the committee, the public was duly notified.

Now he is asking if there is a quorum present for the duration of the hearing... he is trying to make it sound like there was shady stuff going on.
    Last edited by NodakPaul; 05-10-2012 at 11:31 AM.
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

Blog Entries
    LMAO, OK they are starting to snip at each other. Hann keeps getting up questioning the time line. Senator Ingebrigsten just got and slammed Hann and Chamberlain for their implications. He said that Hann hasn't been around long enough to understand how procedures work in the Senate.

He was pretty adamant in saying he took offense that any laws were being broken.
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

Blog Entries
    Senator Michel just got up in response to someone saying that the bill was rushed with no transparency. He said that he has been in the senate for 10 years, and there has been stadium talk every year. He said that there has never been an issue that was talked about or as transparent as the stadium issue has been.

Great quote from Michel. "Our lease with the Vikings is up. Last year the Metrodome collapsed. People, It's time."
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

Page 40 of 47 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast