vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Vikings claim O-Lineman Mark Asper from Bills

Asper, 26, bounced between tackle and guard at Oregon. He sat out two years on a religious mission, making him one of the older players in April's draft, in which the Bills picked him in the sixth round (178th overall).
    Listed at 6-foot-7 and 325 pounds, Asper is thought to be a good fit for a zone-based blocking scheme. The Bills cut him on Friday.
    LINK

digital420 is offline Team Alumni
    now this could be a gem we snagged!! dad had mentioned this guy to me during the draft, he was on his radar depending on what we could do in the later rounds. i'm betting he needs coaching, as basic as fundamentals even.. but with his size.. it's a project i'm happy with seeing tried, we are rebuilding.

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

MaxVike is online now Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by digital420 View Post
    now this could be a gem we snagged!! dad had mentioned this guy to me during the draft, he was on his radar depending on what we could do in the later rounds. i'm betting he needs coaching, as basic as fundamentals even.. but with his size.. it's a project i'm happy with seeing tried, we are rebuilding.
    He has got to be an upgrade over the revolving door known as Pat Brown... Let's hope he's a huge upgrade.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Meet the Minnesota Vikings: OL Mark Asper

Standing at 6’7 and weighing 325 pounds, Asper is a mammoth of a man who brings size and versatility to the Vikings offensive line. After playing both tackle and guard during his college career, he made the adjustment to an interior combo leading up to the 2012 NFL Draft, performing admirably at center during a pre-draft All-Star game. Now he’s hoping to make a full-time transition to the interior at the pro level.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Hmmmmm, yet another player that fits the ZB scheme. Didn't ole Musgrove say that he was going to move away from that scheme when he first got here.

Of course he then said he was gonna run 6 blocking schemes.

LOL, I'll refrain from going any further down that rabbit hole. In the end, I like this move.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Hmmmmm, yet another player that fits the ZB scheme. Didn't ole Musgrove say that he was going to move away from that scheme when he first got here.

Of course he then said he was gonna run 6 blocking schemes.

LOL, I'll refrain from going any further down that rabbit hole. In the end, I like this move.
    http://http://www.nfl.com/draft/2012...per?id=2532788

Oregon uses a very unique zone-blocking scheme.
    Most likely is not similar to what we do so your point is moot.

Good pickup.
    Last edited by marstc09; 09-06-2012 at 12:17 AM.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    It is likely the Bills were trying to slip Mark Asper onto their practice squad.

He is one big guy.