Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Vikings claim JíMarcus Webb off waivers

I thought the Packers might go after this guy but he adds some depth to the Vikings line

Vikings claim JíMarcus Webb off waivers from Bears

With the Vikings, heís a solid swing tackle behind starters Matt Kalil and Phil Loadholt.

Webb moved from left tackle to right tackle last season, and would give the Vikings a backup option at both positions.
    Of the three backup offensive linemen who made Minnesota's roster on Saturday, only Troy Kropog projects as a backup tackle.
    LINK

This shores things up more with Love's suspension

It appears Kropog was released to make room for Webb on the roster

LINK
    Last edited by vikinggreg; 09-01-2013 at 07:51 PM.

The Bears demoted Webb to the second team after the first preseason game and slashed his base salary from $1.323 million to $630,000. Because the Vikings claimed Webb, they will inherit his contract
    LINK

Well the Bears helped make it easier to fit him in as a backup by restructuring the contract first too....Thanks

The risk and reward of pursuing free agent OT J'Marcus Webb

He has great upside, and has performed very well at times. He has painful downside, as he was a key contributor to the Bears' porous line over the last two years, highlighted by quarterback Jay Cutler's berating - and his subsequent "yeah, good one, Jay!" smile afterward.

Getting players like that on the cheap and having them play to their potential, not their contract, is a key part to any successful franchise
    Thought this was interesting cause it was based on the Steeler reaching out for Webb and this comment

As a Bears fan, I wouldnít wish Webb on anyone other than the Packers or Vikings

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer
    I hope the Vikings know what they are doing. This guy was a walking turnstile in Chicago. Just because he has a lot of NFL starts under his belt doesn't mean he is any good. I hear he's pretty good/OK at run blocking though. Hard to see him as a 4 week replacement for Love though...If he's on Vikings opening day roster, his entire salary for the year is guaranteed. I would have thought they would have rolled with Murphy or someone else if that was their plan. If we have to rely on any of the backup OL, we are in trouble.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

smegmavike is offline Coach
    He also set the Bears record for most penalties in a season in 2011, with 15.
    This one is a head scratcher. Hope he rides the pine.

tarkenton10 is online now Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by purplepat View Post
    I hope the Vikings know what they are doing. This guy was a walking turnstile in Chicago. Just because he has a lot of NFL starts under his belt doesn't mean he is any good. I hear he's pretty good/OK at run blocking though. Hard to see him as a 4 week replacement for Love though...If he's on Vikings opening day roster, his entire salary for the year is guaranteed. I would have thought they would have rolled with Murphy or someone else if that was their plan. If we have to rely on any of the backup OL, we are in trouble.
    You have to remember he played LT for the bores. That would be like placing Loadholt over at LT, I think you know how that would go. I think he could be a steal and relieve Loadholt when he is getting tired. He was a bad fit at LT but could be a steal at RT.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Mark_The_Viking is offline Asst. Coach
    Is that what we need, another penalty getter at RT?
    Purple till i die

tarkenton10 is online now Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_The_Viking View Post
    The question is did we get better? Who was behind Loadholdt before we signed Webb? Maybe we did need him, who do you think is better than Webb at RT other than Loadholdt?

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Mark_The_Viking is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_The_Viking View Post
    The question is did we get better? Who was behind Loadholdt before we signed Webb? Maybe we did need him, who do you think is better than Webb at RT other than Loadholdt?
    that's the problem though isn't it? We don't but should have. If load can keep healthy and reduce penalties Ok but if he doesn't replacing him with a player who is inconsistent and gives up his own share of penalties we didn't get better.
    Purple till i die

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast