Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

Vikings' Christian Ponder can be fixed: The 70% Solution

Pioneer Press...by Bob Sansevere

Christian Ponder has been struggling. That has been obvious.

To assess what has happened to the Minnesota Vikings' second-year quarterback after a decent start to the season, I asked former Super Bowl-winning quarterback Trent Dilfer, former Super Bowl-winning coach Brian Billick, former league MVP Rich Gannon and former NFL scout Daniel Jeremiah.

Here are their takes:

Vikings' Christian Ponder can be fixed: The 70% Solution - TwinCities.com

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Tried to post that one yesterday, but it was no longer available on their site. They must have taken it down to edit it.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    They're right, Christian Ponder can be fixed ... if we can somehow manage to convince the other team that they don't need to put their defense on the field. Hell even then there's a good chance Ponder will miss his receivers.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    That was actually a pretty good read, much better than all the chicken little shit that covers every other thread lately. I doubt many will want to give it any credence considering the current state of affairs, but sometimes it's good to hear what people who do this for a living and have no emotional investment have to say.

Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    That was actually a pretty good read, much better than all the chicken little shit that covers every other thread lately. I doubt many will want to give it any credence considering the current state of affairs, but sometimes it's good to hear what people who do this for a living and have no emotional investment have to say.
    Agreed Tasty. I like to think that 4 experts' views lend credence to those of us trying to be a little more balanced. Gotta say that dude has looked like shit lately, but, then again, so has the pass protection, the WRs and the TE. And, I do believe that Musgrave has limited his playbook, per Dilfer's POV.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    Agreed Tasty. I like to think that 4 experts' views lend credence to those of us trying to be a little more balanced. Gotta say that dude has looked like shit lately, but, then again, so has the pass protection, the WRs and the TE. And, I do believe that Musgrave has limited his playbook, per Dilfer's POV.
    Dilfer's POV wasn't very well received by Vikings fans, nor supportive of taking Ponder with the 12 th pick of the draft.
    I don't think his POV has changed.
    "Christian Ponder is Elvis Grbac," Dilfer said. "He's Elvis Grbac. Elvis Grbac was a beautiful thrower. He threw for 4,000 yards. He did a lot of nice things. Every time it got tough, he melted."
    Dilfer: 'Christian Ponder is Elvis Grbac' - NFL Nation Blog - ESPN

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    So basically Dilfer was right?

Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    Dilfer's POV wasn't very well received by Vikings fans, nor supportive of taking Ponder with the 12 th pick of the draft.
    I don't think his POV has changed.
    "Christian Ponder is Elvis Grbac," Dilfer said. "He's Elvis Grbac. Elvis Grbac was a beautiful thrower. He threw for 4,000 yards. He did a lot of nice things. Every time it got tough, he melted."
    Dilfer: 'Christian Ponder is Elvis Grbac' - NFL Nation Blog - ESPN
    Did you read the article? I wasn't referring to his post draft analysis.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Did you read the article? I wasn't referring to his post draft analysis.
    Absolutely. I read everything. Do you fail to see any correlation between what Dilfer said then and what he said now?
    I'll spell it out for you; Ponder reacts adversely to pressure.
    You may want to see it differently, but Dilfer has been consistant.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    What smegmavike's trying to say is that when Dilfer, who knows Ponder's play very well, pointed out Ponder's assets & a lot of his faults in his "Grbac comparison" article, some fans here dismissed it altogether because of the negative things he had to say. I recall one poster said he was spewing drivel.

Now that he has some positive things to say about what Ponder is & needs to do, he feels some fans now embrace what he has to say.
    Last edited by singersp; 11-06-2012 at 05:23 AM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast