Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

Re: Vikings | Childress would like to upgrade running backs

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    Edge>DeAngelo>Maroney>Lendale
    I like that order.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

Sorry boys, no F/A running back for this team. If we get one, it will be the draft. Fran Foley was on NFL Network @ the combine today and said the draft is DEEP in rb's and Vikes would find one there, if they would be looking for one. IMO Edge and Alexander too much money for the miles. Sorry to bust your bubbles.

BTW, Lendale White would be a STEAL at 17 over DeAngelo or Maroney. Check out the 40 times posted tomorrow vs. the size differential of these 3. Lendale is a beast and the workhorse we are looking for.

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

"mnjamie" wrote:
    Sorry boys, no F/A running back for this team. If we get one, it will be the draft. Fran Foley was on NFL Network @ the combine today and said the draft is DEEP in rb's and Vikes would find one there, if they would be looking for one. IMO Edge and Alexander too much money for the miles. Sorry to bust your bubbles.

BTW, Lendale White would be a STEAL at 17 over DeAngelo or Maroney. Check out the 40 times posted tomorrow vs. the size differential of these 3. Lendale is a beast and the workhorse we are looking for.
    You're not busting my bubble. My opinion means as much as yours. It's not like you're stating facts and just because that writer said it doesn't make it right either.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

Tanner_QBRB8 is offline Pro-Bowler

I think that a really good back to pick up would be Amahan(i might have misspelt that)Green i know hes coming off an injury but a lot of good running back came back from injuries to have great careers and i also dont think that he would cost as much as Edge or Alexander and us Vikings fans know that he is a good runner

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Yah im not gonna believe that MNJamie until Chilldress or Zygi come out and say we aren't gonna pursue a RB in the FA..

Lendale wouldn't be a steal either.. Did they do 40 times today? I can bet ya Maroney is faster

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Ledale at 17 is deff a steal...however I dont know if he would be a good fit for our team over Deangelo or Maroney. Sure we could still draft him and hes gonna be beast...but IMO I think we would be better off with Deangelo or Maroney.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

V4L

Yah I think Maroney and Lendale will be pretty close in talent really..

But Maroney will be a better fit for our O..

So that would make Maroney a better choise.. Not nessisarally a better player

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"LuckyVike" wrote:
    "mnjamie" wrote:

You're not busting my bubble. My opinion means as much as yours. It's not like you're stating facts and just because that writer said it doesn't make it right either.

Ummmm, Vikez and Lucky ..... Let me introduce you to our Vice President of Player Personnel and 1 of 3 members of the "Triangle of Authority" .......

[size=18px]MR. FRAN FOLEY [/size]

Vikings hire Fran Foley as VP of player personnel
    January 26, 2006

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. (AP) -- The Minnesota Vikings hired Fran Foley as vice president of player personnel Thursday.

Foley has 12 years of experience in NFL personnel matters, having worked nine years for Jacksonville and the last three for San Diego.

In 1996, Jacksonville was in its second year when it went 9-7 in the regular season and reached the AFC championship game, setting an NFL record for the fastest expansion franchise to earn a playoff berth. The team went to the playoffs four straight times from 1996-1999 and won AFC Central titles in 1998 and 1999.

Foley also had a key role in the turnaround of the Chargers after he arrived in San Diego in 2003. The team struggled to a 4-12 finish in 2003 but went 12-4 in 2004 and won the AFC West title, San Diego's first division crown and playoff berth since 1992.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-vikings-foley&prov=ap&type=lgns

Vikings: Foley signs three-year deal as personnel chief
    Hiring the San Diego Chargers director of pro scouting completed new owner Zygi Wilf's Triangle of Authority.
    Kevin Seifert, Star Tribune

Last update: January 26, 2006 – 10:26 PM
    Printer friendly E-mail this storyE-mail this story
    Vikings

Vikings: Childress keeps QB options open

Vikings: Culpepper voices worry over rift with management

Vikings put transition tag on Brian Williams

There's no question who's in charge of the Vikings

Wilf: Vikings evaluating every aspect of Daunte
    Three days of negotiations wrapped up Thursday evening when the Vikings announced the hiring of Fran Foley as their vice president of player personnel.

Foley, 44, signed a three-year contract and will report Monday to Winter Park, taking over as the third corner of owner Zygi Wilf's Triangle of Authority. Wilf was not available for comment, but he has said that Foley, coach Brad Childress and Rob Brzezinski, vice president of football operations, will collaborate on all football decisions.

Foley spent the past three seasons working under a similar situation in San Diego as director of pro scouting. The Chargers make decisions with input from coach Marty Schottenheimer, General Manager A.J. Smith and vice president of football operations Ed McGuire.

"That may have attracted [the Vikings] to me," Foley said.

In restructuring the department, Wilf has given the Vikings their fourth different personnel leader in the past six years.

Former coach Dennis Green carried final say over personnel until he departed with one game remaining in the 2001 season. Frank Gilliam, former vice president of player personnel, ran the personnel department for the next four months before Brzezinski assumed that responsibility in May 2002.

The contracts of each scout and personnel staffer expire May 31, but Foley said no immediate changes are planned. That means Scott Studwell, who was passed over for the top job, will continue to serve as director of college scouting at least through the draft. Jeff Robinson, another internal candidate for the job, will remain with the pro personnel side along with Frank Acevedo, Ryan Monnens and Paul Wiggin.

"Everyone will stay on," Foley said. "Continuity is important, but that being said, I've been through a few transitions before. This is an established unit and franchise, so we'll continue to evaluate how we do our business. I'm looking forward to working with this staff."

Foley, in fact, spent nine years in Jacksonville under former coach/general manager Tom Coughlin. Foley was fired not long after the Jaguars jettisoned Coughlin and hired James Harris to lead the personnel department.

Foley will work with Childress to evaluate the Vikings' roster, determining its needs in free agency and the draft. As of Thursday, however, Foley said he was not ready to speak publicly to those issues.

"We're going to look at that, but I need more time to evaluate the roster before I feel I'm at the right level," Foley said. "I have a general idea but I want to do a more thorough job of it."

Childress' offseason policy is to speak to the media at news conferences or to make major announcements. He did not make himself available Thursday.

http://www.startribune.com/510/story/208486.html

It wasn't some bullshiat reporter who stated the above post of mine .... :lol:

It was a 15 minute interview with Mr. Foley on NFL Network today, if he says it, I tend to believe.

V4L

I didn't notice u said Foley.. lol

BigMoInAZ is offline Pro-Bowler

I find it interesting that many here feel MeMo wasn't used properly by the former staff. If you glance at MeMo's career stats the kid has proven he can be that work horse back when given that chance. In his short two years here, MeMo has already amassed over 1000 yds on just over 220 carries for a 4.7 yd avg. Some here state they want to see him get the ball more, which I agree he should have, had he remained healthy! Let's look at the tape! In the 26 games he has suited up he has carried the ball in 22 of them, of which 11 he was the starting back. He has averaged to carry the ball just 10 times in those 22 games. But when he was healthy and feed the ball more he produced admirably. MeMo has had 5 games out of those 22 where he was feed the pill 20 or more times and this is what has occurred.

His one poor outing was the Cleveland game last season. I also wanted to point out his best game, IMHO, in 2004 against the Texans. In addition to carrying the ball 20 times he also caught it 12 times! He has the ability to be an every down back, his college background is proof of that, but due to injuries, MeMo has been limited. I think if this kid puts his mind to it, commits to getting stronger in the weight room, he can be a great WCO type back in the mold of Brian Westbrook. And if you think he can't block, just ask Darren Sharper's brother who knocked the stuffing out of him in that Texas game!

Lo there, do I see the line of my People...Back to the Beginning.
    Lo do They call to me...They bid me take my Place among Them...in the Halls of VALHALLA where t

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast