Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Ranger is offline Coach

Re: Vikings-Chiefs Postgame Thread [R]

"swardsooner" wrote:
    An aside to the game...I've always liked Brody Croyle.
    Despite his injury history, which is a freakish thing I think.
    He's a great kid and a talented QB.
    He had to put up with a new offense every year at Alabama, and put up good numbers.
    If he were ever on the auction block the Vikes would do well to take a look at him.
    A talented kid, no doubt, but I suspect a lot of his injury history has to do with him being built like a stick figure.
    He needs to hit the gym and get some mass on his body to help take shots.

jorgie is offline Rookie

I wasn't that impressed with Jaymar.

I can't believe the media today, they aren't even mentioning that great goal line stand at the end of the game. Not the Pioneer Press and not Channel 5.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Ranger" wrote:
    Reynaud and Jaymar looked outstanding.
    With Harvin, we're three deep at any returner position, and I seriously think all three guys could crush it as a slot receiver.
    This is the best depth we've had at wideout since the late 90s.

Sully did just fine against a big ass nose tackle for a 3-4, and from what I noticed, the big 'ole tackles did just fine against the 3-4 ends as well.

EJ is a monster, and I think Jasper is going to be made in his mold.
    Our LB depth is sick right now, as Erin and Jasper could be starting on other teams imo.

Booty is make huge strides and I've got a lot more respect for his game now.
    He gets rid of the ball much more quickly than TJack, and actually looked off defenders, which is gigantic.
    For all the shit he receives about his small hands, he seems to not turn the ball over all that much.

TJack made outstanding plays, but seems to hold onto the ball way, way, way too long.
    It's mental indecisiveness that's killing him.
    Good summary.

I agree Booty looks good. Much better in this system and he is the one that needs to be the 3rd QB on the team.

TJ had better stats but his footwork and mechanics are a disaster. He doesn't step up to make throws but rather throws off his back foot or even by jumping backwards and throwing the ball while both feet are off the ground. It worked tonight but it won't work against the good defenses.

Brett showed us why missing TC and the offseason was not a good decision. When he was in there it looked like the offense took 4 steps back. He and Childress better pray he can make up that ground very quickly or the season could get off to a bad start and the honeymoon could be short lived.

Ranger is offline Coach

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Ranger" wrote:
    With Harvin, we're three deep at any returner position, and I seriously think all three guys could crush it as a slot receiver.

Sully did just fine against a big ass nose tackle for a 3-4, and from what I noticed, the big 'ole tackles did just fine against the 3-4 ends as well.

Our LB depth is sick right now, as Erin and Jasper could be starting on other teams imo.

He gets rid of the ball much more quickly than TJack, and actually looked off defenders, which is gigantic.
    For all the shit he receives about his small hands, he seems to not turn the ball over all that much.

TJack made outstanding plays, but seems to hold onto the ball way, way, way too long.
    Good summary.

I agree Booty looks good. Much better in this system and he is the one that needs to be the 3rd QB on the team.

TJ had better stats but his footwork and mechanics are a disaster. He doesn't step up to make throws but rather throws off his back foot or even by jumping backwards and throwing the ball while both feet are off the ground. It worked tonight but it won't work against the good defenses.

Brett showed us why missing TC and the offseason was not a good decision. When he was in there it looked like the offense took 4 steps back. He and Childress better pray he can make up that ground very quickly or the season could get off to a bad start and the honeymoon could be short lived.
    I'm not terribly worried about it.
    He has plenty of time before the regular season kicks off, and plenty of practices.
    I actually believe that he understands the offense sufficiently and just needs to establish timing and an understanding/rapport with the offense.

I'm fairly excited, as to me, the biggest question about Favre-wad is his season-long health.
    I'm sure he can start out playing well like he did last year, but is going to be prone to a fatigued arm and injured body.
    The catch for me, at this moment, is that we have an incredible run game to take throws off of his arm.
    The best back in the NFL and a dynamic, versatile 3rd down back in Taylor, and it's going to provide him plenty of rest.
    As long as he's efficient and accurate on 3rd down, we'll be good.
    He also brings the best deep ball to the table, and despite his misfires last night, there appeared to be quite a bit of heat on those balls he tossed...particularly the needle threader to Harvin.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Ranger" wrote:

Good summary.

TJ did step up on the long pass to Reynaud, for that play things were perfect....but overall his reads need to speed up or become more fluid and his feet were happy for the most part.
    His stats were phenomenal and it was a huge improvement over last week.

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

Not a bad game. Drama queen Farve is a good leader on the team. dont think anyone can doubt that. Once he knows our WRs, we will look good. I see him having a few 300 yrd games, which is good with how much childress likes to run the ball so much.

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Ranger" wrote:

Sully did just fine against a big jiggly butt nose tackle for a 3-4, and from what I noticed, the big 'ole tackles did just fine against the 3-4 ends as well.

For all the pooh he receives about his small hands, he seems to not turn the ball over all that much.

Good summary.

[shadow=red,left]Brett showed us why missing TC and the offseason was not a good decision. When he was in there it looked like the offense took 4 steps back[/shadow]. He and Childress better pray he can make up that ground very quickly or the season could get off to a bad start and the honeymoon could be short lived.
    I'm not at all worried at this point, I mean Kansas City had one thing in mind with Favre...give him .2 seconds to throw the ball. They brought the heat almost every time when Favre was in. Is that an excuse no, but it isn't as bad as everyone thinks. No interceptions, no stupidly thrown balls, and he got rid of it when he should of, and not to mention he knew he was going to get destroyed and he stood in there and took it like a man. The bottom line is that opposing teams are going to come after Favre because they know he is a statue, and two if he has time they are screwed. I see hitch routes and roll outs in our future along with short screens and draw plays. Next week will be a better indicator of progress with receivers and #4 so should be interesting. We'll be fine. I agree though training camp would of definately helped, but he will get into a rhythm.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    Well, Favre and his receivers need to get on the same page, that's for sure.
    They were WAY off on the timing last night.

Haven't watched the game on TV last night, but TJack gave us a good mix of good and bad.
    I might see more when I watch the game.

Unfortunately there is a huge asshole sitting right behind me who had nothing but negative things to say - loudly - the whole game.
    Complained about the price of preseason tickets, complained about childress, complained about favre, complained about TJack.
    God I hope those aren't his season tickets, or this is going to be a LONG season.
    Everybody around him was getting annoyed.

There was a kid in front of my who was wearing a Favre jersey when the game started.
    When TJack came in, he pulled it off and was wearing a TJack jersey underneath.
    Priceless!
    if he is, let me go to one of the games and ill knock his block off and tell him to STFU! haha

erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman

"battleaxe4cheese" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Ranger" wrote:

Sully did just fine against a big jiggly butt nose tackle for a 3-4, and from what I noticed, the big 'ole tackles did just fine against the 3-4 ends as well.

For all the pooh he receives about his small hands, he seems to not turn the ball over all that much.

Good summary.

[shadow=red,left]Brett showed us why missing TC and the offseason was not a good decision. When he was in there it looked like the offense took 4 steps back[/shadow]. He and Childress better pray he can make up that ground very quickly or the season could get off to a bad start and the honeymoon could be short lived.
    I'm not at all worried at this point, I mean Kansas City had one thing in mind with Favre...give him .2 seconds to throw the ball. They brought the heat almost every time when Favre was in. Is that an excuse no, but it isn't as bad as everyone thinks. No interceptions, no stupidly thrown balls, and he got rid of it when he should of, and not to mention he knew he was going to get destroyed and he stood in there and took it like a man. The bottom line is that opposing teams are going to come after Favre because they know he is a statue, and two if he has time they are screwed. I see hitch routes and roll outs in our future along with short screens and draw plays. Next week will be a better indicator of progress with receivers and #4 so should be interesting. We'll be fine. I agree though training camp would of definately helped, but he will get into a rhythm.
    From someone I know who actually gets to see the practices in Winter Park, he said Favre, for the last few practices, has stayed late and come early to work on his conditioning. He really needs to, Im not to worried because last year he had less time than he did this year... Lets pray.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"Ranger" wrote:

Definitely too long. At this point in his career, the clock in his head has to be much more in sync with what's happening on the field. Even on the TD to Shank, he held it too long and the throw was very awkward...IMO, 5 out of 6 passes in that same situation are picked or broken up.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast