Page 1 of 21 123 11 ... LastLast
    The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

Vikings-Chiefs Postgame Thread [R]

Interesting game. I just finished watching it on NLFN.

A few things that stuck out to me:

-Loved the goalline stand at the end. Nothing better than seeing the defense force Childress to make tough choices.
    -Overall, the 2nd/3rd stringers were pretty solid. There was some sloppiness, as you'd expect, and some painful yardage given up to the likes of Brody Croyle, but all in all I love our depth on defense (safeties depth aside).
    -Liked the look of Kenny Onatolu. He missed a few tackles, and the announcers were giving him flak about it, but I saw the guy be first to the ball on at least four occasions. Even if he missed a tackle, he was able to slow down the runner so that someone could quickly follow to make the finishing tackle. He just seems to have good instincts or understands the game well.
    -Tarvaris. Heh. Vintage Tarvaris Jackson: performing well when there's little pressure and nothing to lose. If he could just play like that on a semi-consistent basis we'd have never had to bring DouchePickle in to be the starter. Oh well.
    -DouchePickle. Meh. I don't know whether he put that pass to Jaymar Johnson where he intended it (like the announcers and Warren Sapp assumed) or if Johnson didn't finish the route. And frankly I don't care. But that pass could have gone for 50 yards, and probably would have if Johnson and Favre had previously worked together more than four days. Thanks again for skipping training camp and the first week of preseason, you twat.
    -JDB. Shaky, then calmed down and looked alright. Still no fumbles despite his ViennaSausageFingersâ„¢. It's always heartwarming to see people overcome their handicaps.
    -Jared Allen needs his own TV show. Now.
    -How many games has Ryan Cook played where he did NOT have a false start? Seriously. He might set an NFL record.
    -Great strip sack by Benny Sapp. Highlight of the game, and just might be the difference maker between him and McCauley (or whoever else is in the running) to make this team.
    -Fred Evans. When Big Pat retires, we are in good hands. Our defense will be stout for a long, long time. The commentators mentioned that our defense has only two players over the age of 30: Pat and Antoine. Wow.
    -Childress. My only complaint with Childress's coaching is that he only played Favre two series, but played AD for nearly the whole first half. That should have been reversed. Favre needs to build a rapport with his receivers. AD, I am not worried about. At all. We've all seen the super slow-mo commercial where you can see every muscle in AD's body pulsing like his skin can barely contain them. "Adrian Peterson is ready for the season." Is Favre?

vegasvike is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Vikings-Chiefs Postgame Thread [R]

DOUCHEPICKLE???? HAHAHAHA come on now he is wearing VIKING purple now, and hopefully he helps us kick the shit out the pack.
    Thanks for the sig Pack93z

I love when you take breaks from plucking your unibrow and grunting/slapping to makes posts in this forum

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

"The" wrote:
    Interesting game. I just finished watching it on NLFN.

-Loved the goalline stand at the end. Nothing better than seeing the defense force Childress to make tough choices.
    -Overall, the 2nd/3rd stringers were pretty solid. There was some sloppiness, as you'd expect, and some painful yardage given up to the likes of Brody Croyle, but all in all I love our depth on defense (safeties depth aside).
    -Liked the look of Kenny Onatolu. He missed a few tackles, and the announcers were giving him flak about it, but I saw the guy be first to the ball on at least four occasions. Even if he missed a tackle, he was able to slow down the runner so that someone could quickly follow to make the finishing tackle. He just seems to have good instincts or understands the game well.
    -Tarvaris. Heh. Vintage Tarvaris Jackson: performing well when there's little pressure and nothing to lose. If he could just play like that on a semi-consistent basis we'd have never had to bring DouchePickle in to be the starter. Oh well.
    -DouchePickle. Meh. I don't know whether he put that pass to Jaymar Johnson where he intended it (like the announcers and Warren Sapp assumed) or if Johnson didn't finish the route. And frankly I don't care. But that pass could have gone for 50 yards, and probably would have if Johnson and Favre had previously worked together more than four days. Thanks again for skipping training camp and the first week of preseason, you twat.
    -JDB. Shaky, then calmed down and looked alright. Still no fumbles despite his ViennaSausageFingersâ„¢. It's always heartwarming to see people overcome their handicaps.
    -Jared Allen needs his own TV show. Now.
    -How many games has Ryan Cook played where he did NOT have a false start? Seriously. He might set an NFL record.
    -Great strip sack by Benny Sapp. Highlight of the game, and just might be the difference maker between him and McCauley (or whoever else is in the running) to make this team.
    -Fred Evans. When Big Pat retires, we are in good hands. Our defense will be stout for a long, long time. The commentators mentioned that our defense has only two players over the age of 30: Pat and Antoine. Wow.
    -Childress. My only complaint with Childress's coaching is that he only played Favre two series, but played AD for nearly the whole first half. That should have been reversed. Favre needs to build a rapport with his receivers. AD, I am not worried about. At all. We've all seen the super slow-mo commercial where you can see every muscle in AD's body pulsing like his skin can barely contain them. "Adrian Peterson is ready for the season." Is Favre?

Excellent review TD.
    Your appraisal of Childress is spot on.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer

"The" wrote:

--Great strip sack by Benny Sapp. Highlight of the game, and just might be the difference maker between him and McCauley (or whoever else is in the running) to make this team.
    Nice play, but Sapp can't cover worth a darn.
    Bowe took him to school.

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

here's what i saw,

1. Farve neeeeeeeeds to learn his new WR's

2. Farve is as fearless knowing they will take a hit.. Tjack neeeeeeds to learn this to be a great qb

3. Percy i believe was a solid draft choice!

4. Tjack has potential we should not loose him!

5. longwell > M??????

6. EJ is back!

7. we have solid D backups!

8. my new dog (harley huskey/lab mix) can predict TD's.. she started barking when Tjack ran before tossing it to shank.. and barked again at the snap of tjack's second.

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Ranger is offline Coach

Reynaud and Jaymar looked outstanding.
    With Harvin, we're three deep at any returner position, and I seriously think all three guys could crush it as a slot receiver.
    This is the best depth we've had at wideout since the late 90s.

Sully did just fine against a big ass nose tackle for a 3-4, and from what I noticed, the big 'ole tackles did just fine against the 3-4 ends as well.

EJ is a monster, and I think Jasper is going to be made in his mold.
    Our LB depth is sick right now, as Erin and Jasper could be starting on other teams imo.

Booty is make huge strides and I've got a lot more respect for his game now.
    He gets rid of the ball much more quickly than TJack, and actually looked off defenders, which is gigantic.
    For all the shit he receives about his small hands, he seems to not turn the ball over all that much.

TJack made outstanding plays, but seems to hold onto the ball way, way, way too long.
    It's mental indecisiveness that's killing him.

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer

"Ranger" wrote:
    Reynaud and Jaymar looked outstanding.
    With Harvin, we're three deep at any returner position, and I seriously think all three guys could crush it as a slot receiver.
    This is the best depth we've had at wideout since the late 90s.

Sully did just fine against a big jiggly butt nose tackle for a 3-4, and from what I noticed, the big 'ole tackles did just fine against the 3-4 ends as well.

EJ is a monster, and I think Jasper is going to be made in his mold.
    Our LB depth is sick right now, as Erin and Jasper could be starting on other teams imo.

Booty is make huge strides and I've got a lot more respect for his game now.
    He gets rid of the ball much more quickly than TJack, and actually looked off defenders, which is gigantic.
    For all the pooh he receives about his small hands, he seems to not turn the ball over all that much.

TJack made outstanding plays, but seems to hold onto the ball way, way, way too long.
    It's mental indecisiveness that's killing him.
    Pretty much agree with all of this.

I'm glad i stayed up till 4am to watch the game.
    ;D

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Well, Favre and his receivers need to get on the same page, that's for sure.
    They were WAY off on the timing last night.

Haven't watched the game on TV last night, but TJack gave us a good mix of good and bad.
    I might see more when I watch the game.

Unfortunately there is a huge asshole sitting right behind me who had nothing but negative things to say - loudly - the whole game.
    Complained about the price of preseason tickets, complained about childress, complained about favre, complained about TJack.
    God I hope those aren't his season tickets, or this is going to be a LONG season.
    Everybody around him was getting annoyed.

There was a kid in front of my who was wearing a Favre jersey when the game started.
    When TJack came in, he pulled it off and was wearing a TJack jersey underneath.
    Priceless!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

swardsooner is offline Rookie

An aside to the game...I've always liked Brody Croyle.
    Despite his injury history, which is a freakish thing I think.
    He's a great kid and a talented QB.
    He had to put up with a new offense every year at Alabama, and put up good numbers.
    If he were ever on the auction block the Vikes would do well to take a look at him.

Ranger is offline Coach

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    Well, Favre and his receivers need to get on the same page, that's for sure.
    They were WAY off on the timing last night.

Haven't watched the game on TV last night, but TJack gave us a good mix of good and bad.
    I might see more when I watch the game.

Unfortunately there is a huge asshole sitting right behind me who had nothing but negative things to say - loudly - the whole game.
    Complained about the price of preseason tickets, complained about childress, complained about favre, complained about TJack.
    God I hope those aren't his season tickets, or this is going to be a LONG season.
    Everybody around him was getting annoyed.

There was a kid in front of my who was wearing a Favre jersey when the game started.
    When TJack came in, he pulled it off and was wearing a TJack jersey underneath.
    Priceless!
    If that annoying guy keeps complaining during future games, turn around and tell him to leave if he hates it so much, but otherwise shut his cock holster..

Page 1 of 21 123 11 ... LastLast