Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: VikingS & Chiefs to make peace

I think it still will happen!! A lot of guys are a little too excited about the season starting and they can't help themselves when it comes to fighting!!
    http://www.myspace.com/pooptin

Prophet Guest

KFFL
    Vikings | Team will practice against Chiefs
    Wed, 7 Jun 2006 07:19:20 -0700

Adam Teicher, of the Kansas City Star, reports the Minnesota Vikings will practice against the Kansas City Chiefs Aug. 4, during training camp. The teams will meet at the Vikings' camp in Mankato, Minn.

Bdubya is offline Star Spokesman

There will be punches thrown. Childress and Herman won't stop that.
    MC's run away when I kick it
    They act so chicken, they should come with a large drink and a biscuit
    -Canibus

thetrenches68OL is offline Asst. Coach

"DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:
    We all will miss the brawls and old Coach Crybaby saying he wanted to shoot our players. lol

I especially liked the Lesnar getting in the middle of it all.
    i remember i saw lesner body slam one of their O- lineman lol it was funny stuff
    The Trenches are where Games are Decided

Hutch and K. Will baby

sig by PurplePeopleEaters

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

Love the training camp scrimmages.. When the tempers flair it shows us that they're actually trying and that the whole exercise is worth something!

And it was the only time Brock Lesnar was able to use his WWE skills on the NFL field!

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

I think Childress and Edwards have much different coaching styles than their predecessors. They know the history between the two teams and will do everything they can to stop it. Some think that a little training camp tussle is no big deal, but it is absolutely pointless to lose a player before the season starts because of heated emotions. I hope the coaches exemplify their no nonsense attitudes by putting an end to what is rather childish behavior.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

Who cares if there's some shoving matches? It's football, it's supposed to be physical.

It probably happens between any 2 teams that have scrimmages like the Chiefs/Vikings do.

Considering they've been doing this every year for what seems like quite some time, I don't understand how it's making peace. Or did they not have one last year or did last year's end bad or something? I feel like there's something I don't know or don't remember here.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

coreyd is offline Coach

Its going to happen. All the testorone building up in the cheeks of thier butts will indeed be let out. They are men. Its what we do. We fight to prove who is tougher.

And I recall a play during the preseason when we played Arizona and Brock was running down field full speed of a kick off. He layed the returner out and it was the hardest hit I seen that season. Granted he was cut five minutes later...lol.

shawn9876uss is offline Coordinator

I agree that it is not worth loseing a player or players over scrimmages

Thanks PurpleMafia

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"JDogg926" wrote:
    Who cares if there's some shoving matches? It's football, it's supposed to be physical.

It probably happens between any 2 teams that have scrimmages like the Chiefs/Vikings do.

Considering they've been doing this every year for what seems like quite some time, I don't understand how it's making peace. Or did they not have one last year or did last year's end bad or something? I feel like there's something I don't know or don't remember here.
    These arenot shoving matches, these are brawls that have gotten worse and worse every year, to the point where significant practice time has been lost and bad blood has been spilt by both teams. I don't remember whether they cancelled any scrimmages last year, but they were definetly contemplating it, and some were doubtful they would meet again this year.

I can handle shoving matches, but the point of the practices is to get better at football, not fighting. The fights happen for usually dumb reasons that happen during every game in the regular season, but because the refs are more lax fights break out.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast