Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Vikings/Cheifs scrimmage update..

The LB's will be thrown to the wolves in the pre-season games. It's better now than during the regular season (because of injuries, etc). These guys have the potential to be starting for years to come. I hope they can jell by week 1.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

The linebackers will be fine, with a couple of preseason games under their belts they will be smoking. They just need to see some different sets, and some scouting of the other team, and to jell with their teammates.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"whackthepack" wrote:
    The linebackers will be fine, with a couple of preseason games under their belts they will be smoking. They just need to see some different sets, and some scouting of the other team, and to jell with their teammates.

One reason why I have been so high on dontarrious as well as EJ, is because they are extremely smart LB's. They should be able to learn very quickly and this is why I think they develope very quickly. Say a guy like DJ williams, who the broncos drafted, he isn't anywhere near as football smart as DT, so i think he will develope much more slowly than DT.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

"muchluv4moss" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:

One reason why I have been so high on dontarrious as well as EJ, is because they are extremely smart LB's. They should be able to learn very quickly and this is why I think they develope very quickly. Say a guy like DJ williams, who the broncos drafted, he isn't anywhere near as football smart as DT, so i think he will develope much more slowly than DT.
    When you say smart do you mean beating the hell out of some guy outside a night club, or drinking and driving? jk, but i had to throw that in there!!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"whackthepack" wrote:
    The 2 scrimages looked very physical, looked like a royal rummble. Michael Bennett almost had his head ripped off and one of Kansas Cities wide receiver screwed up a knee.

Tho I understand why they want the scrimage, I just don't want to lose somebody like moss, Culpepper, Bennett, Smith, Williams to a cheap shot and be out for the season from a scrimage that nobody will remember 2 weeks from know. :shaking: :angryfire:

Michael Bennett has a sprained neck and is listed as day to day. ale:
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    "muchluv4moss" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:

When you say smart do you mean beating the hell out of some guy outside a night club, or drinking and driving? jk, but i had to throw that in there!!!

LOL. I figured someone would say that. I did use football smart when talking about DJ, but forgot to use it when talking about DT and EJ. EJ is extremely football smart though, regardless of his stupid off field actions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12