Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    GQVikesfan is offline Starter

Vikings/Cheifs scrimmage update..

Well everything looks ok except our linebackers.. http://www.vikings.com/news_detail_OBJECTNAME_Day7Tcamp8604.html
    My toys!
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v158/GQNauticaGuy/?action=view¤t=car2.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v158/GQNauticaGuy/Audi3.jpg

ndakvikefan is offline Starter

Not surprised that the LB's need the most improvement, afterall it is E.J.'s first year in the Middle Thomas's first year anywhere and Newmans first year with this team. They should and better get better.
    8f72d7a2bfbfd6a931c3ea8edbece812

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

i think claiborne can step up and be a veteran leader and even though E.J. is not a starter he does have some experience besides i think EJ's one of those guys who are naturals for the NFL and pick up quick

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

It is gonna take some time before we see the real LB corp of the vikes. They are really young, with EJ and DT starting, so they have to learn to play together. The LB position takes a while before you feel comfortable, stop thinking, and just start reacting and making plays. We definitely have the talent at LB, they just need to work out the kinks and get some experience. Hey, that is what these scrimmages and preseason games are for.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

The 2 scrimages looked very physical, looked like a royal rummble. Michael Bennett almost had his head ripped off and one of Kansas Cities wide receiver screwed up a knee.

Tho I understand why they want the scrimage, I just don't want to lose somebody like moss, Culpepper, Bennett, Smith, Williams to a cheap shot and be out for the season from a scrimage that nobody will remember 2 weeks from know. :shaking: :angryfire:
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

I agree whackthepack -- it is not worth losing a player over a scrimmage. Let's hope that all the Vikes will be ok and ready for the season opener. Good Luck guys!
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

Muchluv is right it will take the LB core time to learn to play together but time is ticking we all knew this would be the key to having a PPE II but man when they do get their timing and reacting as one stand by for major KICK @$$...

I aslo agree with whackthepack but they need to play with others so they can sharpen their skills and positions, it also bring their awareness up not only mind but body as well and a little pain :blackeye: only make the mind stronger 8)
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

"muchluv4moss" wrote:
    It is gonna take some time before we see the real LB corp of the vikes. They are really young, with EJ and DT starting, so they have to learn to play together. The LB position takes a while before you feel comfortable, stop thinking, and just start reacting and making plays. We definitely have the talent at LB, they just need to work out the kinks and get some experience. Hey, that is what these scrimmages and preseason games are for.
    Lets just hope they can get it all together or teams will eat us alive with there tight ends roaming the middle of field and burning us for long gains. Instead of our secondary and d-line being our achilles tendon for so many years in the past, that has become a strength but we have a very important part of the field in the lb's being the achilled tendon. I wonder if that will hurt us in the long run.

Experience at lb's will also be another factor.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"hawaiianvike21" wrote:
    "muchluv4moss" wrote:
    Lets just hope they can get it all together or teams will eat us alive with there tight ends roaming the middle of field and burning us for long gains. Instead of our secondary and d-line being our achilles tendon for so many years in the past, that has become a strength but we have a very important part of the field in the lb's being the achilled tendon. I wonder if that will hurt us in the long run.

Experience at lb's will also be another factor.

I don't know, I keep hearing that LB is our weak spot on our D but I don't see it as a weak spot. It is a young and inexperienced position, but that isn't weak in my mind. I guess right now, it is weak, since the young guys have to settle down and just play, but by the time the season starts, I don't see LB being a weak spot on our team. Give these young Lb's a few more scrimmages and preseason games, then you wil see what we have a LB.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Whether or not our LBs are a weakness depends alot on how they develop this training camp and preseason. I guess we'll see in week one.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast