Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

Re: Vikings to change team name after draft day!!!

I almost freaked when I saw the title to this thread lol. It scared me to death; I was going to be very mad if they changed the name because I think the Vikings is the coolest name in the NFL!
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

Foranzan is offline Rookie

Vikings are the coolest name?

Naaaw...gotta be the Houston Texans.

I mean TEXANS! They live in Texas and they're the Texans...who the hell saw that coming?

It's so fresh! and so original! The TEXANS!

I mean I mean I mean, you take the state...of your team...and make it the name!

TEXANS!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Look out for the Dubs!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

"mnjamie" wrote:
    "michaelmazid" wrote:
    DONT WORRY ABOUT THE VIKINGS CHANGING THEIR NAME TO THE MINNESOTA WILLIAMS. M.WILLIAMS WONT BE AVAILABLE AT 7 ANYWAY.
    Willing to put money on that?

Take a peak at the trade rumor between Miami and Tampa. That puts MW right in out lap @ #7 ....
    I put some money on it but thats will all things held constant. That means at number 7, I say that edwards or williams won't be available.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "PBDragon" wrote:
    The Minnesota Vikings will change their name to the Minnesota Williams' :shock:

Moe, Brian, Pat, Kevin and Mike Williams...Geez yeah think the front office has something?
    Hey, Cleveland did it with their coach...Paul Brown...the Browns!
    The Browns are not named after Paul Brown. http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/history/news/browns_named.php
    The truth, according to several published reports, is this:

When owner Arthur McBride brought an AAFC team to Cleveland in 1945, he held a newspaper contest to name the team and offered a $1,000 war bond to the winner. Most of the entries submitted wanted the name Browns, because the extremely popular Paul Brown was the team's head coach.

Coach Brown thought it wouldn't be proper to name the team after him, and the entry "Panthers" was selected. A few weeks later, a man approached McBride and said he owned a semi-pro team in the 20's called the Cleveland Panthers and he still owned the rights to the name.

McBride could have bought the man off but Brown vetoed the idea. The coach didn't want the new team to be associated with a losing franchise. Instead of holding a new contest, Brown reluctantly agreed to name the team Browns. But, in sticking with his original ideals, Brown suggested publicly that since Louis was "The Brown Bomber", that was how the team got its name. Not a single entry in the contest listed Louis or his nickname as a reason for choosing "Browns."

How do you figure? The way that I read it, EVERYONE who suggested the name "Browns" did it because of Paul Brown being the coach.

But I could be wrong!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12