Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    PBDragon's Avatar
    PBDragon is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    40

    Vikings to change team name after draft day!!!

    The Minnesota Vikings will change their name to the Minnesota Williams' :shock:

    Moe, Brian, Pat, Kevin and Mike Williams...Geez yeah think the front office has something?

  2. #2
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Vikings to change team name after draft day!!!

    "PBDragon" wrote:
    The Minnesota Vikings will change their name to the Minnesota Williams' :shock:

    Moe, Brian, Pat, Kevin and Mike Williams...Geez yeah think the front office has something?
    Hey, Cleveland did it with their coach...Paul Brown...the Browns!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  3. #3
    hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,412

    Re: Vikings to change team name after draft day!!!

    But Cajun thats only one guy.

    Our team however could potentially be 50 percent williams when we do add mike williams and or more draft prospects named williams. :lol:
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a


  4. #4
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: Vikings to change team name after draft day!!!

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "PBDragon" wrote:
    The Minnesota Vikings will change their name to the Minnesota Williams' :shock:

    Moe, Brian, Pat, Kevin and Mike Williams...Geez yeah think the front office has something?
    Hey, Cleveland did it with their coach...Paul Brown...the Browns!
    The Browns are not named after Paul Brown. http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/history/news/browns_named.php

  5. #5
    TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,308

    Re: Vikings to change team name after draft day!!!

    With all of the same names you could use that as a fastest finger question!
    Put these Williams's in order of their tenure with the Minnesota Vikings!

  6. #6
    tarkenton10's Avatar
    tarkenton10 is online now Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,205

    Re: Vikings to change team name after draft day!!!

    Well, from that article I get the gist that it was named after Paul Brown. They just say the name came from Louis' nickname but the intent was to go with the public letters that wrote his name in. So I would say from that article the team was named after him just covertly.

    There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

  7. #7
    Vikes's Avatar
    Vikes is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,733

    Re: Vikings to change team name after draft day!!!

    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "PBDragon" wrote:
    The Minnesota Vikings will change their name to the Minnesota Williams' :shock:

    Moe, Brian, Pat, Kevin and Mike Williams...Geez yeah think the front office has something?
    Hey, Cleveland did it with their coach...Paul Brown...the Browns!
    The Browns are not named after Paul Brown. http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/history/news/browns_named.php
    What a confusing story I see why people think they were named after Paul Brown to makes the story simple.
    300

    The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

    300

  8. #8
    vikeU2's Avatar
    vikeU2 is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    67

    Re: Vikings to change team name after draft day!!!

    Are there any William's left in the free agent pool to add to the list. Is Aenaes Williams available?
    "Attitude is Everything!"

  9. #9
    michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,876

    Re: Vikings to change team name after draft day!!!

    DONT WORRY ABOUT THE VIKINGS CHANGING THEIR NAME TO THE MINNESOTA WILLIAMS. M.WILLIAMS WONT BE AVAILABLE AT 7 ANYWAY.

  10. #10
    mnjamie's Avatar
    mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,536

    Re: Vikings to change team name after draft day!!!

    "michaelmazid" wrote:
    DONT WORRY ABOUT THE VIKINGS CHANGING THEIR NAME TO THE MINNESOTA WILLIAMS. M.WILLIAMS WONT BE AVAILABLE AT 7 ANYWAY.
    Willing to put money on that?

    Take a peak at the trade rumor between Miami and Tampa. That puts MW right in out lap @ #7 ....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. How Would Allen change FA and the draft?
    By Garland Greene in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 04-25-2008, 06:59 AM
  2. vikings net best draft class in team history
    By Kdub4MVP in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-08-2007, 07:17 PM
  3. MOVED: vikings net best draft class in team history
    By ultravikingfan in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-01-2007, 08:09 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-21-2006, 08:24 AM
  5. Should BBQ Change his Fantasy Team Name???
    By BBQ Platypus in forum Fantasy Football Talk
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 08-31-2005, 08:03 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •