Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    gagarr is offline Team Alumni

Re: Vikings' Center Lineman

Marrdro wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:
    All signs are pointing to Sully getting the start. I'd be very happy if he starts, then maybe get degeare's feet wet a little bit in the game, rotating him with Herrera. If Sully can't start, then Cooper should start.
    Quick question....Why rotate Degeare?

In the Zone Blocking scheme, familiarity of who will disengage and move on to the next time and the timing of it all is very important, especially for the back as he sets for his cut.

Moving a G in and out would mess that up/compound the problem of Sully missing reps, I think.....
    +1
    Not the game to get a rookies feet wet.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Erinnn wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    jargomcfargo wrote:
    I think I saw it on TV Sunday, FSNO, that Herrera was going to start at center.
    At any rate, I have little confidence in this patchwork line.I'm not that thrilled with Sullivan anyway, so maybe it won't make much difference.
    Sure would like to see some run blocking to get AD going.
    I heard this morning that Sullivan is going to play.

So - basically - I think this means that we won't know until gametime what's actually going to happen.

=Z=
    It's a fluid situation.
    LOL

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

gagarr wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:
    All signs are pointing to Sully getting the start. I'd be very happy if he starts, then maybe get degeare's feet wet a little bit in the game, rotating him with Herrera. If Sully can't start, then Cooper should start.

In the Zone Blocking scheme, familiarity of who will disengage and move on to the next time and the timing of it all is very important, especially for the back as he sets for his cut.

Moving a G in and out would mess that up/compound the problem of Sully missing reps, I think.....
    +1
    Alright, good point Marr. I know extremely little about o-line play, so I just kinda threw that out there not knowing what I was talking about.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

swardsooner is offline Rookie

Has there been any problem with Cooper's play in the pre-season? Why the hell would you change things up? Coop's a third year player, and a very smart kid.

Good to see Sully will play. I believe line play will determine the game tonight. I think that we finally see the Vikings we were promised last year. A heavy running emphasis, and opportunistic passing game.

It would really make a statement IMO if we pounded them into submission by a physical, pounding, relentless running game. And then the boys on the DLine leave a remember me sign with Brees, after all "its part of the game".

Oh and if it happens I will be the biggest TROLL on Saints message boards ever!!! A couple of their fans were absolute douches, you know, just like Bears fans.........

SKOL! and WE DAT!!!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

12purplepride28 wrote:
    gagarr wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:

+1
    Alright, good point Marr. I know extremely little about o-line play, so I just kinda threw that out there not knowing what I was talking about.
    No No, it was a good discussion point. I just wanted to understand why......

Always room to learn my friend. Always room to learn.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

I was far from impressed by Sullivan's performance against the Saints yesterday. Made me think that John Cooper or someone else might have been a better option because Sullivan was bullied around, but besides from some mistakes here and there, the o-line did a pretty good job as an unit. The o-line was definitely not the problem in the Saints game (Brett Favre out of sync and poor d-line play in the second half was our biggest problems IMO, but Sullivan still needs to perform better next week.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12