Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries
    we are more screwed than we were already screwed at that position.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    we are more screwed than we were already screwed at that position.
    How so? It wasn't the CB's who let us down yesterday, unless of course you put the defensive meltdown on them instead of the Coaches who tried to get pressure with our front 4 alone or the front 4 who couldn't get pressure without help.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    How so? It wasn't the CB's who let us down yesterday, unless of course you put the defensive meltdown on them instead of the Coaches who tried to get pressure with our front 4 alone or the front 4 who couldn't get pressure without help.
    Explain how the coaches were at fault for the secondary missing tackles all over the place and for Griff getting burned for that TD? Are they supposed to make the tackle and cover the WR's for them?

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Explain how the coaches were at fault for the secondary missing tackles all over the place and for Griff getting burned for that TD? Are they supposed to make the tackle and cover the WR's for them?
    They aren't, just like I'm not blaming the secondary for missing tackles that the DL and LB'rs should have tackled first.

In the end the defense was effective when they were bringing atleast one S and Whinny down to help and dropping LB'rs. For some reason the staff elected to get away from that and the Bucs picked us apart.

When I see something like that I looked to the staff and ask why did you change? Did the injury to Cook force your hand? If so, I can buy that.

Still doesn't alleviate the fact that we have a gaping hole at DT that isn't gonna be fixed when K-dubb returns.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries
    They aren't, just like I'm not blaming the secondary for missing tackles that the DL and LB'rs should have tackled first.
    if you go back and watch the game there were several missed tackles by the secondary and whether or not ( Not in the cases I am referring to) the LB's or the DT's did or didn't tackle the player the fact remains if a player is in their zone and they don't tackle them it is darn sure their fault.

In the end the defense was effective when they were bringing atleast one S and Whinny down to help and dropping LB'rs. For some reason the staff elected to get away from that and the Bucs picked us apart.
    The scheme means nothing when a guy with the ball is running in the zone of a DB and that DB whiffs a tackle.

Still doesn't alleviate the fact that we have a gaping hole at DT that isn't gonna be fixed when K-dubb returns.
    Funny thing is the DT is still not going to be the defenses biggest liability. They will do just as well as the OL and will be more reliable than the secondary will.

if you go back and watch the game there were several missed tackles by the secondary and whether or not ( Not in the cases I am referring to) the LB's or the DT's did or didn't tackle the player the fact remains if a player is in their zone and they don't tackle them it is darn sure their fault.

The scheme means nothing when a guy with the ball is running in the zone of a DB and that DB whiffs a tackle.

Funny thing is the DT is still not going to be the defenses biggest liability. They will do just as well as the OL and will be more reliable than the secondary will.
    Show me one place were I have said that a missed tackle by anyone was excusable. Only thing you will find about that from me is that when you play a zone, you expect the guy to cover his area. As you get further and further away from the DL the area gets bigger.

Sometimes I will give a S slack if he was in say a cloud (cover 3) look playing the left hash and he had to get all the way over to the right side of the field in an effort to make a tackle on a cat that a DE, OL and possibly even a CB should have got to.

Blog Entries
    Show me one place were I have said that a missed tackle by anyone was excusable. Only thing you will find about that from me is that when you play a zone, you expect the guy to cover his area. As you get further and further away from the DL the area gets bigger.

Sometimes I will give a S slack if he was in say a cloud (cover 3) look playing the left hash and he had to get all the way over to the right side of the field in an effort to make a tackle on a cat that a DE, OL and possibly even a CB should have got to.
    Fine, but when is is within 5 yards of the play and still get beat how do you justify it?

Fine, but when is is within 5 yards of the play and still get beat how do you justify it?
    I don't think you have ever seen me try to justify it. Go back and look at my end of game post for the Chargers. Can't remember the S that got ran over but I poked him for it.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"