Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Vikings - Catching a break

He may have not singlehandedly won the game, but he did enough to not lose the game, which is more than I can say for our QB in that game.

We can certainly beat them and we should beat them, but my guess is they will be playing some inspired football in that game and we will not be able to take them lightly or let them jump out to an early lead. We will also have to take care of the ball and be able to withstand their defenses emotion
    when the game starts so we don't dig ourselves into a hole.

This is the type of game that our team usually will lose because of lack of focus,emotion or whatever and up to last weeks game I would fear the same thing, but the team was playing very agressively last week and if we can match that level of intensity against Atlanta, I don't think they have a prayer.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    He may have not singlehandedly won the game, but he did enough to not lose the game, which is more than I can say for our QB in that game.

We can certainly beat them and we should beat them, but my guess is they will be playing some inspired football in that game and we will not be able to take them lightly or let them jump out to an early lead. We will also have to take care of the ball and be able to withstand their defenses emotion
    when the game starts so we don't dig ourselves into a hole.

This is the type of game that our team usually will lose because of lack of focus,emotion or whatever and up to last weeks game I would fear the same thing, but the team was playing very agressively last week and if we can match that level of intensity against Atlanta, I don't think they have a prayer.
    That's well put. Though I may think Joey H. is a joke, I never underestimate the Vikings ability to lose the games they should win. Think Buffalo and San Francisco last year; right.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni

Opening day....and I have to believe that since Harrington and Vick are 2 completely different QB's, the Falcon playbook was pretty much devised with Vick in mind.

I am no offensive guru, but he was truly 2 dimensional, now that he showed he could pass last year.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123