Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings - Cardinals (Dec 6) game flexed to 7:30 pm CST Start time

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Wasn't there another thread on this were someone was pretty convincing that this wouldn't happen?
    http://www.purplepride.org/forums/in...,54046.40.html

I really don't see any games being flexed this year.
    Too much NFC East involved.
    For the Vikes-Cardinals game to be flexed, NBC (and the NFL - remember, NBC can't just decide "We don't want this game" and have it happen - the NFL needs to approve) would need to feel that flexing New England OUT of Sunday night (it's NE @ MIA) is a good business decision.
    I'm not sure that I can see them doing that.
    I think it's far more likely that Fox nationalizes MIN @ ARZ as the primary game in the 3:15 slot.
    There are only 3 games left that have any chance of being flexed IN - @ARZ, home vs. CIN and home vs. NYG.
    I've already explained why the first two are not going to happen (although, IMHO, it's more certain that the CIN game won't get moved).
    Week 17 is a crapshoot - AND the NFL doesn't have to announce the Week 17 game until six days prior to the game, rather than almost two weeks prior, as it does for all other flex games

Haha. Poor Zeus got SERVED.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Wasn't there another thread on this were someone was pretty convincing that this wouldn't happen?

For the Vikes-Cardinals game to be flexed, NBC (and the NFL - remember, NBC can't just decide "We don't want this game" and have it happen - the NFL needs to approve) would need to feel that flexing New England OUT of Sunday night (it's NE @ MIA) is a good business decision.
    I think it's far more likely that Fox nationalizes MIN @ ARZ as the primary game in the 3:15 slot.
    There are only 3 games left that have any chance of being flexed IN - @ARZ, home vs. CIN and home vs. NYG.
    I've already explained why the first two are not going to happen (although, IMHO, it's more certain that the CIN game won't get moved).
    Week 17 is a crapshoot - AND the NFL doesn't have to announce the Week 17 game until six days prior to the game, rather than almost two weeks prior, as it does for all other flex games

Haha. Poor Zeus got SERVED.
    LOL, I don't typically do that, however, he asked for it a few weeks ago with the whole "Burn Marrdro Burn" comment.
    I've got a couple more I'm saving for just the right time......
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Suick is offline Pro-Bowler

Of course this now alters my whole Sunday stratagy. The pssstft of the 1st Miller Lite will have to be delayed until around 4:00 EST or I'll be worthless at kick off.

Decisions decisions, ...............and we thought Chilly had it hard. :P
    I've been a Viking fan since I was just out of diapers, hopefully we get Super Bowl win before I go back in 'em.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:

Yup - didn't think NBC/NFL would flex out the Patriots.
    Guess I was wrong - which is fine by me!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

=Z=
    No worries my friend.
    Had to mess with a bit.
    You aren't wrong that many times.
    You know it ain't about the wrong and the right.
    Its more about the discussion and that ultimately, I will still drink your beer, right?

;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

No worries my friend.
    Had to mess with a bit.
    You aren't wrong that many times.
    You know it ain't about the wrong and the right.
    Its more about the discussion and that ultimately, I will still drink your beer, right?

;D
    You won't drink any of my bear if you're wearing a Ben-gals jersey.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12