Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Like I said. 594 of those yards were between Fusco & Loadholt. Loadholt doesn't get all the credit for everything run to the right.
    Gotta give Felton some credit too. Load is great in the running game and getting better vs. pass rush, but still commiting a lot of freaking penalties per game. Perhaps, consistency would help him, at RG and QB, but those pre-snap penalties are still a big enuf flag to drop his worth a bit. Definitely not worth top 5 OT money (ie tagging.)
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainviking View Post
    Gotta give Felton some credit too. Load is great in the running game and getting better vs. pass rush, but still commiting a lot of freaking penalties per game. Perhaps, consistency would help him, at RG and QB, but those pre-snap penalties are still a big enuf flag to drop his worth a bit. Definitely not worth top 5 OT money (ie tagging.)
    Felton was the one FA signing Spielman got right out of 11 new FA signings. He does deserve credit & it was a unjustly slap in face when AD said he didn't need need him & preferred to not have anyone in front paving the way.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer
    Loadholt certainly not worth being tagged...not like he's a Pro Bowl LT or anything...but he should still see a good payday.

Anyone have any numbers on what the top RTs in the league are being paid?
    SKOL VIKINGS!

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by purplepat View Post
    Loadholt certainly not worth being tagged...not like he's a Pro Bowl LT or anything...but he should still see a good payday.

OL are not classified for Franchise or Transitional tag by position...they are all lumped together as I understand it. But, I'm old, gray, and slow...

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Quote Originally Posted by purplepat View Post

NFL Salaries: Top 10 Salaries for Offensive Linemen | SportsCity.com

2013 NFL Top Base Salaries - Tackle

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Here are the 2013 franchise tab amounts:
    Tight end or receiver? Franchise tender is a $4.5 million difference | ProFootballTalk
    Quarterback: $14.9 million

Defensive end: $11.18 million

Cornerback: $10.85 million

Wide receiver: $10.54 million

Offensive lineman: $9.83 million

Linebacker: $9.62 million

Defensive tackle: $8.45 million

Running back: $8.22 million

Safety: $6.9 million

Tight end: $6.07 million

Kicker/Punter: $2.98 million
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Felton was the one FA signing Spielman got right out of 11 new FA signings. He does deserve credit & it was a unjustly slap in face when AD said he didn't need need him & preferred to not have anyone in front paving the way.
    Ummm, I remember AP saying that when he was new to the league, but he didn't say that again about Felton, did he?? From what I've been seeing, those two are buddies on the same page.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Quote Originally Posted by mountainviking View Post
    Ummm, I remember AP saying that when he was new to the league, but he didn't say that again about Felton, did he?? From what I've been seeing, those two are buddies on the same page.
    Yep

For years, Adrian Peterson has insisted he would rather run out of a single-back set rather than follow a traditional lead blocker. As recently as Thursday, the Minnesota Vikings tailback said: "My preference is to be back there myself."
    Fullback key to Adrian Peterson's success - NFC North Blog - ESPN

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    I hope the team is working hard to get Allen to restructure along with Williams and Winfield. These three guys are close to 32 million in cap space, with Allen taking up 17 million alone.

Rework them deals and the team would have plenty of money to sign a guy like Wallace and still have enough coin to get Harvin locked up long term.

Quote Originally Posted by PackSux! View Post
    I hope the team is working hard to get Allen to restructure along with Williams and Winfield. These three guys are close to 32 million in cap space, with Allen taking up 17 million alone.

Rework them deals and the team would have plenty of money to sign a guy like Wallace and still have enough coin to get Harvin locked up long term.
    It would be nice to see them restructuring deals. Spielman might have better luck with that than retaining draft picks.

Since coming on board, the only draft picks of ours that hit FA starting in 2007 that we've been able to resign in those 6 years, that are still with the team today, are AD, Greenway, Robison, Sullivan, Guion & Burton.

The rest of our draft picks that hit FA either signed elsewhere, were cut or weren't resigned.
    Last edited by singersp; 03-10-2013 at 01:08 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast