Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Vikings: Cap cleaning, meeting with agents

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

.....the fear is Loadholt would sign the tender immediately and lock in a robust base salary of around $9.7 million (franchise) or $8.6 million (transition) for 2013.
    If people feel Loadholt is worth $8.6-$9.7 mil, then they should have no problem feeling Harvin is worth every bit of $10 mil.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Vikings: Cap cleaning, meeting with agents

What one is worth and what the cap allows are two things. We know with Loadholt we can get to the playoffs and have a 2000 yard rusher. With Harvin we know we have a talented guy who has a problem staying healthy and out of the headlines. I would rather pay Loadholt. If you think he is chewing up cap space just wait until Kalil is up for a new one. We will have to put 2-3 marginal OL on the line to balance out the cap hit.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    If people feel Loadholt is worth $8.6-$9.7 mil, then they should have no problem feeling Harvin is worth every bit of $10 mil.
    Loadholt won't get tagged. The Vikings will be able to lock him in for significantly less.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    What one is worth and what the cap allows are two things. We know with Loadholt we can get to the playoffs and have a 2000 yard rusher. With Harvin we know we have a talented guy who has a problem staying healthy and out of the headlines. I would rather pay Loadholt. If you think he is chewing up cap space just wait until Kalil is up for a new one. We will have to put 2-3 marginal OL on the line to balance out the cap hit.
    Pretty sure we got to the playoffs and had a 2000 yard rusher with Charlie Johnson & Brandon Fusco on the OL as well.

Just saying............

especially since most of his runs were up the middle.

I'll go out on a limb & say you don't think either of them are worth $8.6mil though.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Pretty sure we got to the playoffs and had a 2000 yard rusher with Charlie Johnson & Brandon Fusco on the OL as well.

Just saying............

I'll go out on a limb & say you don't think either of them are worth $8.6mil though.
    Decent tackle is a lot tougher to get than a decent Guard.

Blog Entries

Just saying............

No they were not mostly up the middle. Look up his stats and you will find he had more yards from rg -rt and outside rt than the other side or over center.

No they were not mostly up the middle. Look up his stats and you will find he had more yards from rg -rt and outside rt than the other side or over center.
    Middle: 129
    LS: 70
    LE: 29
    RS: 90
    RE: 30

Most of his rushes were up the middle. 540 yards

RS (90) would include blocking by Fusco & Loadholdt. 594 yards

RE (30) would be primarily blocking by Loadholdt. 328 yards

Blog Entries
    Sorry- I misread your post. I was talking yards you were talking runs. I will stick to him having more yards to the right than the left or up the middle though.

Sorry- I misread your post. I was talking yards you were talking runs. I will stick to him having more yards to the right than the left or up the middle though.

Like I said. 594 of those yards were between Fusco & Loadholt. Loadholt doesn't get all the credit for everything run to the right.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast