Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Re: The Vikings came, wreaked havoc, and led the NFC to victory... AGAIN

I was very excited watching the impact in the pro bowl that our defensive players made and AD, but we cannot forget about Hutch making blocks not only for AD but for the QBs and the other running backs.

I am very optimistic for next season too, but we are going to need stability at QB (obviously) and a coach that changes some game planning. I also think we are going to have to start off a lot better. This year we played great down the stretch (well I use the term great loosely, but we won a lot down the stretch) but I think that closing off the division/playoff berth sooner than week 17 in the 4th quarter would be beneficial towards a longer playoff run and hopefully a superbowl berth!

Let's do it in '09 boys!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Very nice post Hey.......

I look at it from this perspective.......

When I look at the the NFL during the age of FA, the teams that have a committed owner, stability in the FO as well as at the HC have been successfull year in and year out.

This organization, albeit a very storied one, is in its infancy with that respect.
    I hope the owner understands this and sticks to his guns with respect to his commitment to winning, his FO personnel and yes, even his coaching staff.

That and that alone will gaurantee this team returns to its days of glory which IMHO will get us die hard fans a SB championship sooner, and later....... ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"Marrdro" wrote:

When I look at the the NFL during the age of FA, the teams that have a committed owner, stability in the FO as well as at the HC have been successfull year in and year out.

This organization, albeit a very storied one, is in its infancy with that respect.
    I hope the owner understands this and sticks to his guns with respect to his commitment to winning, his FO personnel and yes, even his coaching staff.

That and that alone will gaurantee this team returns to its days of glory which IMHO will get us die hard fans a SB championship sooner, and later....... ;D
    I'm pretty sure ppl have been saying that for over 40 years now!!.. i know i've been for atleast 29

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

I'm pretty sure ppl have been saying that for over 40 years now!!.. i know i've been for atleast 29
    I've been saying that every year for decades.
    I won't put any money down in Vegas on it though.
    I have purple contacts superglued onto my eyeballs and it has driven me insane.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

"Prophet" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

I've been saying that every year for decades.
    I won't put any money down in Vegas on it though.
    I have purple contacts superglued onto my eyeballs and it has driven me insane.
    The only year I had money on the Vikings was 2003. My in-laws were in Vegas, and decided to put down a $10 bet for me as a gift. I had 60-1 odds on the Vikings winning it all that year. If you recall, that was the year we started out 6-0 ... and then became the first 6-0 team to miss the playoffs. (on the strength of a non-existant force out in the desert)

I'm pretty sure my in-laws, by putting down that bet, were somehow to blame for that season. They're both Bears fans.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123