Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Re: The Vikings came, wreaked havoc, and led the NFC to victory... AGAIN

"ejmat" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    I think it's great to see Vikings players make the highlight reel when surrounded by all-star talent. Makes you wonder what this team would be like with a real [s]coach[/s].
    QB
    I see your point, but when Jackson played healthy this year... he looked pretty good.

The first two games he hadn't fully healed from that knee injury from preseason. He probably shouldn't have even been starting. I blame Childress for that.

Again, with a real coach who can manage a game... this team would be unstoppable.
    Agreed. As with every season since 2005 the team isn't being held back because of lack of talent.
    I would go as far as saying since 2001.
    We've always had some talent on this team.
    I don't think we have a superbowl calibur team since 2000 but that is just my opinion.
    However I put as much of the blame on the players as I do on the coaching staff.
    Mistakes are what hurts this team.
    Stupid penalties, fumbles, INTs, ST TDs.
    Those are areas that a coach can only do so much.

It is up to the players to execute during the game.
    But there is no wrong answer to this debate.
    It's a little of everything to include players and coaches.
    This year I would put more blame on players because it was the mistakes that hurt them.
    I am not saying the coaching is perfect either but there were way too many mistakes on the players' part.
    You are correct but sometimes those things happen when the players do not fully understand what they are supposed to be doing. That can be attributed to the player as well as the coach. If your scheme is complicated for the sakes of being complicated, then you are hurting your team not helping.

Overally, I just want a ring and I don't care how we get it.

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    I am feeling great reading Hey's post! GREAT ONE!!!!!
    Finally someone on here isn't bashing the team, the coach, the scouts, the owners...
    WOW! It's unbelieveably fresh to read something like this. No cynicism, no axe to grind, just optimism.
    Then it went downhill from there. Oh well, keep up the posting "Hey." I love to read that kind of stuff amongst all the pesssimism on here.
    Kind of pessimistic to look at this site and see only pessimism.

The optimist in you is supposed to see the good in things.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"ejmat" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    I think it's great to see Vikings players make the highlight reel when surrounded by all-star talent. Makes you wonder what this team would be like with a real [s]coach[/s].
    QB
    I see your point, but when Jackson played healthy this year... he looked pretty good.

The first two games he hadn't fully healed from that knee injury from preseason. He probably shouldn't have even been starting. I blame Childress for that.

Again, with a real coach who can manage a game... this team would be unstoppable.
    Agreed. As with every season since 2005 the team isn't being held back because of lack of talent.
    I don't think we have a superbowl calibur team since 2000 but that is just my opinion.
    However I put as much of the blame on the players as I do on the coaching staff.
    This year I would put more blame on players because it was the mistakes that hurt them.
    I am not saying the coaching is perfect either but there were way too many mistakes on the players' part.
    In reality probably several decades

KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer

Great post HEY.
    Couldn't agree more, our team becomes something to look forward to watching more and more each year.
    However, I agree there is something holding us back, I can't say for sure, because I'm not sure it's Tarvaris or even Childress.
    I think it has to do with Childress, but not in the same way as others think.
    I'm not so sure Childress brings the right mentality to this team.
    A head coach's personality changes the mentality of a football team, IMO.
    I'm not sure if that is it or not, and say what you want- I still think Childress deserves one more year for what he accomplished this season.
    I honestly think a lot of fans see some of the coaches that come in right away and make the team shine, and that becomes the expectation of their own coach.
    I don't think many are willing to be patient, they want it now.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Å*nowbowler" wrote:
    Great post HEY.
    Couldn't agree more, our team becomes something to look forward to watching more and more each year.
    However, I agree there is something holding us back, I can't say for sure, because I'm not sure it's Tarvaris or even Childress.
    I'm not sure if that is it or not, and say what you want- I still think Childress deserves one more year for what he accomplished this season.
    I honestly think a lot of fans see some of the coaches that come in right away and make the team shine, and that becomes the expectation of their own coach.
    Some wanted it 40 years ago ;D

KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Å*nowbowler" wrote:
    Great post HEY.

Some wanted it 40 years ago ;D
    Pussies! Have some patience!

...but on a serious note, I'm just talking about since we got Childress, there are some who have legit reasons for wanting him gone because they don't think he can win a Super Bowl, and then there are some who just want him gone just because we haven't won the Super Bowl under him yet.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    [quote author=C Mac D link=topic=50504.msg906561#msg906561 date=1234279224]
    QB

In reality probably several decades
    [/quote]

LOL but I do think the 98 - 00 teams were capable of winning it all.
    It just didn't pan out.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"Å*nowbowler" wrote:
    Great post HEY.
    Great post SN.
    They are improving every year and that is what gives me hope for next year and the reason Childress deserves one more year.
    This year will say a lot about Childress imo.

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    I am feeling great reading Hey's post! GREAT ONE!!!!!
    Finally someone on here isn't bashing the team, the coach, the scouts, the owners...
    WOW! It's unbelieveably fresh to read something like this. No cynicism, no axe to grind, just optimism.
    Then it went downhill from there. Oh well, keep up the posting "Hey." I love to read that kind of stuff amongst all the pesssimism on here.
    Thanks for the kind words COJOMAY!

And if I may say, your post is a nice breath of fresh air too. I also feel that sometimes many of the members on this site seem to focus too much on the negative sides of our favorite team.
    I don't know... Maybe I'm just an optimistic person
    ;D

~~ Peace ~~

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"HEY" wrote:
    As a Vikings fan, you can't argue that it's a nice feeling to watch the Vikings shine when they play among the very best there is in the game

Visit this article if you want to read more about the Vikings in the Pro Bowl:
    [size=14pt]Vikings Shine, NFC Wins[/size]'
    By Mike Wobschall, vikings.com

link:
    http://vikings.com/NewsArticle_probowlrecap020709.aspx
    Um, a new thread was already started 2 days ago for this article/topic, but it was merged into the "Pro Bowl" thread per Nodak's request.

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    Couldn't these have been put in the other probowl thread?
    http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=50472.70

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast