Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

The Vikings came, wreaked havoc, and led the NFC to victory... AGAIN

To me, as a Vikings fan, the 2007 NFL season is hard to forget. The reason is that I believe it was the beginning of something great (perhaps the franchise' first future Super Bowl rings
    ) as it seemed like the team suddenly woke up after a couple of years of poor play. A big reason for my optimism was that this was the year we were so unbelievable fortunate to select Adrian Peterson (and other great players) in the 2007 Draft. Additionally, some players started to develope into standout players (E.J. Henderson, Greenway) and the atmosphere around the team became more and more exciting. A nice finish of the season was a Pro Bowl MVP throphy to Adrian. It could only get better - I thought - and the following season proved that I was as right as I could be.

The 2008 season was much better than the previous season and the Vikings finally won the divison. We got a few new players in the offseason before the 2008 season and they made the team even better. Jared Allen was just what this team needed and the Vikings became a feared defensive unit (statisticly ranking in the top 5 by the end of the season) and many young players performed great (Greenway, Griffin, Ray Edwards) and for the second straight year in a row, the Vikings had a ton of players in the Pro Bowl. I'm not over my head when I say that the Vikings are a strong Super Bowl canditate next season, and I think the team has proved that many times in the 2008 season.

What's more, the Vikings made even a bigger impact in the 2008 Pro Bowl. Adrian had one less touchdown than last year, but other Vikings players made perhaps an even bigger impact.

Antoine Winfield showed off his mad skills as a tackler (as usual), but also became the only defensive back on the NFC Team to make an interception. He had 4 tackles.

Jared Allen had 3 tackles and arguably made one of the biggest defensive plays of the day. He made an important sack, which resulted in a fumble that he also recovered that gave the offense great field position.

Our fenomenal defensive tackle tandem also had a nice day on the field, combining for 7 tackles.

As a Vikings fan, you can't argue that it's a nice feeling to watch the Vikings shine when they play among the very best there is in the game

Visit this article if you want to read more about the Vikings in the Pro Bowl:
    [size=14pt]Vikings Shine, NFC Wins[/size]'
    By Mike Wobschall, vikings.com

link:
    http://vikings.com/NewsArticle_probowlrecap020709.aspx

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

Re: The Vikings came, wreaked havoc, and led the NFC to victory... AGAIN

Couldn't agree more!
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

I love the optimism but I don't think TJ is ready yet to lead us to a Super Bowl.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

I think it's great to see Vikings players make the highlight reel when surrounded by all-star talent. Makes you wonder what this team would be like with a real coach.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:
    I think it's great to see Vikings players make the highlight reel when surrounded by all-star talent. Makes you wonder what this team would be like with a real [s]coach[/s].
    QB

mamaluke is offline Starter

I am glad the Vikings players played well but I don't really view the Pro Bowl as the place where I would like to see them shine, the SUPER BOWL is more like it!! I have not watched a Pro Bowl game in over 15 years, to me it is just a big show where the guys are going at about half speed trying not to get hurt. As a matter of fact that goes for just about every sport where they have an all-star game. I just never got into them, each team usually scores about a zillion points, runs, goals, whatever... because the deal is just to put on a good show. When I see the Vikes in a SUPER BOWL will be the only real cause for celebration!!

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"ejmat" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    I think it's great to see Vikings players make the highlight reel when surrounded by all-star talent. Makes you wonder what this team would be like with a real [s]coach[/s].
    QB
    I see your point, but when Jackson played healthy this year... he looked pretty good.

The first two games he hadn't fully healed from that knee injury from preseason. He probably shouldn't have even been starting. I blame Childress for that.

Again, with a real coach who can manage a game... this team would be unstoppable.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"C" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    QB
    I see your point, but when Jackson played healthy this year... he looked pretty good.

The first two games he hadn't fully healed from that knee injury from preseason. He probably shouldn't have even been starting. I blame Childress for that.

Again, with a real coach who can manage a game... this team would be unstoppable.
    Agreed. As with every season since 2005 the team isn't being held back because of lack of talent.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    QB

Agreed. As with every season since 2005 the team isn't being held back because of lack of talent.
    I would go as far as saying since 2001.
    We've always had some talent on this team.
    I don't think we have a superbowl calibur team since 2000 but that is just my opinion.
    However I put as much of the blame on the players as I do on the coaching staff.
    Mistakes are what hurts this team.
    Stupid penalties, fumbles, INTs, ST TDs.
    Those are areas that a coach can only do so much.
    It is up to the players to execute during the game.
    But there is no wrong answer to this debate.
    It's a little of everything to include players and coaches.
    This year I would put more blame on players because it was the mistakes that hurt them.
    I am not saying the coaching is perfect either but there were way too many mistakes on the players' part.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

I am feeling great reading Hey's post! GREAT ONE!!!!!
    Finally someone on here isn't bashing the team, the coach, the scouts, the owners...
    WOW! It's unbelieveably fresh to read something like this. No cynicism, no axe to grind, just optimism.
    Then it went downhill from there. Oh well, keep up the posting "Hey." I love to read that kind of stuff amongst all the pesssimism on here.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast