Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings to buy 4 blocks by Dome

"V" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    WOWZER. I just saw on SI that Wilf is talking about the stadium costing 954 million. That is not too far from Dallas' stadium which costs 1 billion and opens in 2009. Their stadium will seat 100,000.
    The stadium CAN be figured to seat 100,000, which will only be done for hosting a Super Bowl (although, I would imagine, if they hosted, say, the BCS Championship, they might put it into that configuration for that game, too).

Seating Capacity:
    A capacity of 80,000 plus standing room or additional seating in the end zones, along with ticketed areas in the end zone plazas can increase total capacity to 100,000.
    http://stadium.dallascowboys.com/
    I guess thats why they call you reality assurance. Either way, that stadium is badass and I would accept anything like it for my Vikes. Dallas has already won the bid to host its first super bowl ever in 2011(?). New stadiums are popping up everywhere. The time is now.
    The time is soon, but not necessarily now.
    I am very interested to see the financing plan.
    With the NFL no longer in the subsidy business, there's going to be some interesting stuff there to make this work - unless the Wilf's are stepping up with a lot more of their money.
    Jerry Jones is paying for whole big bunches of that stadium from his own pocket.

Originally estimated to cost $650 million, the stadium's current construction cost is in excess of $1 billion, which will make it one of the most expensive sports venues ever built. [2]. To aid Cowboys owner/general manager Jerry Jones in paying the construction costs of the new stadium, Arlington voters approved the increase of the city's sales tax by one-half of a percent, the hotel occupancy tax by 2 percent, and car rental tax by 5 percent. The City of Arlington will provide $325 million in funding, and Jones will cover any cost overruns. Also, the NFL will provide the Cowboys with an additional $150 million, as per their policy for giving teams a certain lump sum of money for stadium finance. [3]
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dallas_Cowboys_New_Stadium

A tough reality is that the Cowboys generate hundreds of millions more in revenue - even without their new stadium.
    That allows Jones to reach into his own pockets for the cost overruns.
    The Vikings revenue stream won't allow for the Wilf's (and Reggie Fowler!) to dig deeper.
    Take away the $150 million from the NFL and, well, like I said, I'm real interested to see a financing plan for $954 million.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

That car rental tax is brilliant...
    Stick the new stadium cost on the unsuspecting tourists.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Sell the Mall of America to the West Edmonton Mall as long as they agree to move it and put it back in Bloomington.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718