Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Vikings' burning question:Should we buy into the hype?

[size=13pt]Vikings' burning question: Should we buy into the hype? [/size]

Vinnie Iyer Sportingnews.com

The Minnesota Vikings are the most buzz-worthy team entering the 2008 NFL season. After showcasing one of the game's most exciting players, running back Adrian Peterson, last season, the team made another big splash this offseason by trading for All-Pro defensive end Jared Allen, the game's top pass rusher

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Vikings' burning question:Should we by into the hype?

Jackson himself has the size and athleticism to start in the NFL for many years and win many games. So far, he has lacked accuracy, consistency and sound decision-making. Those are the types of things that improve as a quarterback gains experience. With two seasons under his belt, Jackson appears more confident during offseason drills.
    Pretty much a common sense thing, and yet we still see alot of people doubt that he will improve this year.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

I love realistic articles.

I won't demand a superbowl this year, all i long for is improvement as a team overall but especially improvement from our QB. If you have improvement you can always compete for a superbowl.
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"Mr-holland" wrote:

I won't demand a superbowl this year, all i long for is improvement as a team overall but especially improvement from our QB. If you have improvement you can always compete for a superbowl.
    You may have missed this in my past posts... but we're beating the Colts in the Super Bowl this year.

I had a premonition.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

"C" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:

You may have missed this in my past posts... but we're beating the Colts in the Super Bowl this year.

I had a premonition.
    I'm not saying we won't be in the superbowl because that would be great!
    But i'm not going to be angry or call for anybodys head if we won't make it there
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

We added a lot of peices and we will need time to gel. We may make playoffs we may not. Issue resolved.

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

very nice article, he knows whats up, and i love that there is no TJack bashing in the article

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

Potus2028 is offline Hall of Famer

"C" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:

I had a premonition.
    you may have missed this in one of my previous threads: stephen colbert predicted the vikings to beat the colts in the superbowl-- it's in his book.

it was a fairly good article, in the sense that it didn't just say the same old same old. it gave some stats about sacks and int's. it also showed the potential of where each new addition could do, and what impact it will have with the rest of the team.
    i m better than you, so just give up...

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

It will be interesting to see how it all plays out... talent wise you should be right up there, the million dollar question is can the coaching staff conduct the pieces into a team that can win over the course of a season.. with the ups and the downs..

I assume that TJ will have an improved year and you have enough on the outsides of the offense to balance it out.. really in my eyes it comes down to Bevell and Chilly... can they make it roll.

I should point out that I still see your passing defense as a weakness.. but a well tuned offense can minimize that a great deal.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"pack93z" wrote:
    It will be interesting to see how it all plays out... talent wise you should be right up there, the million dollar question is can the coaching staff conduct the pieces into a team that can win over the course of a season.. with the ups and the downs..

I assume that TJ will have an improved year and you have enough on the outsides of the offense to balance it out.. really in my eyes it comes down to Bevell and Chilly... can they make it roll.

I should point out that I still see your passing defense as a weakness.. but a well tuned offense can minimize that a great deal.
    You might want to take a closer look at our passing defense.
    Sometimes the only stat people look at is yards per game.
    yards per attempt is more telling, as is points.
    In both we were in the middle of the pack.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast