Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Vikings bring in punter for workout With Kluwe struggling

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    Maybe he wouldn't be struggling if he didn't have to punt so much and the line was holding better so he wasn't rushing his kicks.

WWBGD

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    I missed most of the early games this year watching my sons' games. Has he been bad all season, or just since he posed for Cum Dumpster Magazine?
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    In all fairness, I thought the emphasis was on hang time in the Cardinals game to help contain Patrick Peterson. I don't know what the hell was wrong with him in the Bucs game. This whole team goes in the shitter when we play prime time games.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Chris kluwe says activism isn't hurting focus on 'children's game'

Frazier said, "Chris is a pro. He's been able to deal with so many things in his career. He's able to focus in these situations and focus on the task at hand and has been a very good punter, which he is.
    Now I couldn't find a direct quote for the title of this article and it could be the writer taking some creative liscense but if that is how Chris views his current profession that does financially rewards him quite well someone might want to pin a picture of Ryan Longwell to his locker; not that Ryan didn't take his job seriously but he was replaced and hasn't been seen in the league since. NFL careers can end abruptly, and sometimes violently but there are other rewards (it can be a platform for activism too) and the league, players and history do command a bit more respect than just a 'childs game' IMHO

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Perhaps he should try those pink shoes after all.

Too late! Already November,

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

I like Kluwe but I wouldn't lose sleep over him being replaced. It's not like he's a good tackler.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    They might be sending a message, or it could be business as usual. Every week they bring in players for auditions. Often times it is just a precaution in case of injury, so you know who to call. I would be very surprised if Kluwe were cut this season.
    Of course I have to look at the stats. Surprisingly Kluwe's 39.9 net average this year is a career high, but also puts him at 18th in the league, pretty average. Any time you are average the team is going to be looking to upgrade.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    They might be sending a message, or it could be business as usual. Every week they bring in players for auditions. Often times it is just a precaution in case of injury, so you know who to call. I would be very surprised if Kluwe were cut this season.
    Of course I have to look at the stats. Surprisingly Kluwe's 39.9 net average this year is a career high, but also puts him at 18th in the league, pretty average. Any time you are average the team is going to be looking to upgrade.
    I'm not looking much into it. We've brought in Punters before to light a fire under Kluwe's ass when he struggled, specifically after the Saints game 3 or 4 years ago when Bush returned 2 punts for TDs.

Kluwe's 39.9 net average is his high because of returns. We haven't allowed a PR TD yet. We haven't really allowed many long returns at all. That helps that net average. Previous years he was kicking it better, but we were returning alot more. Yes, he's not outkicking his coverage, but even times that he does, our coverage team is MUCH better at stopping the big return this year.

JPPT1974 is offline Starter
    It is the net that counts not the actual average. Yes he has been outkicking his coverage and his activism needs to take it down a notch. But still would be a mistake to replace him!
    NFL 2013 is Here!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast