Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings bothered by fourth-quarter fade pattern

"V4L" wrote:
    But with two road games before their bye, the Vikings are focusing on one goal: finishing games.

I got hounded for mentioning this.. "oh we are 6-0, stop your bitching"

The only games we have had trouble finishing are the Packers and Ravens games. Otherwise we have either been right in the thick of things, or won handily. Saying that we didn't finish the Browns, or the Lions, is simply saying that anything less than a blowout win isn't good enough. Heck, even asking for a blowout against the Ravens and Pack is too much IMO.

In the grand scheme of things, I don't think when the points are scored matter at all. Only the quantity does, and other than one quarter against the Ravens, our D has been great at keeping points off of the board.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"V" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    But with two road games before their bye, the Vikings are focusing on one goal: finishing games.

The only games we have had trouble finishing are the Packers and Ravens games. Otherwise we have either been right in the thick of things, or won handily. Saying that we didn't finish the Browns, or the Lions, is simply saying that anything less than a blowout win isn't good enough. Heck, even asking for a blowout against the Ravens and Pack is too much IMO.

In the grand scheme of things, I don't think when the points are scored matter at all. Only the quantity does, and other than one quarter against the Ravens, our D has been great at keeping points off of the board.
    and the second half against hte packers.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"V" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:

Our D kinda laid down for the niners too and let Shaun Hill look like Peyton Manning

Luckily Favre pulled out a little magic.. Had he not people would be singing a different tune about how shitty our D is closing games

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

I agree out D has not looked as dominate this year as last.
    I'm not sure why people feel the need to defend them so much.
    They slacked off in 3 of our 6 games this year...The only games they played solid in were Detriot, St. Louis, Cleveland.
    (combined record of 2-18)

I'd really love to see our defense shut down good teams for 4 quarters.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    They slacked off in 3 of our 6 games this year...The only games they played solid in were Detriot, St. Louis, Cleveland.

Thank you sir

If they played how the did for the first 3 quarters against the Ravens in the 4th I would have no problem

But we just don't finish and let teams get too close.. Some time they will capitalize

I hope it doesn't continue and we allow it to happen in the playoffs

"V4L" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:

Thank you sir

If they played how the did for the first 3 quarters against the Ravens in the 4th I would have no problem

But we just don't finish and let teams get too close.. Some time they will capitalize

Playing as well as they did against Baltimore for three quarters, they've proven they're a dominate D.
    Now they just need to do it for complete games.

I hope by playing so soft against Baltimore the 4th quarter they're extra juiced and ready to go against Pittsburgh.
    :

Until we actually lose a game though we're probably making too big of a deal.
    It does leave plenty of room for concern though.
    I'm just really glad that we seem to have a more than solid offense this year...that alone is reason for excitement.

Blog Entries

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:

Thank you sir

Playing as well as they did against Baltimore for three quarters, they've proven they're a dominate D.

I hope by playing so soft against Baltimore the 4th quarter they're extra juiced and ready to go against Pittsburgh.
    :

I'm just really glad that we seem to have a more than solid offense this year...that alone is reason for excitement.
    We were a huge mistake on the Raven's part from losing a game, we were a miracle catch and throw from losing a game.
    We can't depend on things like this happening regularly

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:

Thank you sir

:

We were a huge mistake on the Raven's part from losing a game, we were a miracle catch and throw from losing a game.
    No we can't...as I mentioned in an earlier post.
    There is still time to correct the issues, and lets just be thankful that we're 6-0 looking at fixing mistakes instead of 3-3, looking to fix mistakes.

Blog Entries

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:

Thank you sir

:

There is still time to correct the issues, and lets just be thankful that we're 6-0 looking at fixing mistakes instead of 3-3, looking to fix mistakes.
    exactly, its great to be where we are, but it took alot of things to go right for us.
    I have a feeling had Lee caught that TD in the packers game, we would have been more aggressive and scored again, and likely still won, and the 49ers game was no lucky bounce, it was an absolutely percect throw and catch to win the game, but the Ravens game was definition of luck. If we did that 10 times, I bet nine times we would have lost.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    [quote author=BloodyHorns82 link=topic=53769.msg1007612#msg1007612 date=1256147200]

Thank you sir

:

exactly, its great to be where we are, but it took alot of things to go right for us.
    I have a feeling had Lee caught that TD in the packers game, we would have been more aggressive and scored again, and likely still won, and the 49ers game was no lucky bounce, it was an absolutely percect throw and catch to win the game, but the Ravens game was definition of luck. If we did that 10 times, I bet nine times we would have lost.
    [/quote]
    I was wondering what the percentage that a 44 yarder would be missed, can't find an exact answer but it apears to be much lower than 90%.
    http://www.advancednflstats.com/2008...for-kicks.html

Still in a dome with the game on the line you do expect the kicker to make it.
    It's definetly not all luck, we did make our field goals. If Longwell had missed the previous field goal nobody would say we were unlucky, we just got beat.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast