Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Vikings bothered by fourth-quarter fade pattern

[size=13pt]Vikings bothered by fourth-quarter fade pattern[/size]

...the Vikings required dramatic finishes against their three best opponents, with the offense and defense struggling in stretches.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Re: Vikings bothered by fourth-quarter fade pattern

The Vikings have given up more yards in the fourth quarter than any other team — an average of 138.3 per game — and have allowed the third-most points (54).
    Seems like our staff, both coaches and players, simply aren't used to playing with the lead. No one has any idea what they're doing in the 4th quarter on Offense and Defense.

Give that coach an extension!
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Based on the offensive and defensive play calls, the Vikings become more conservative in the fourth quarter, focusing more on routine runs and scaling back on blitzes of linebackers and defensive backs.

"Fortunately, we have a good cushion in the fourth quarter, and you don't have to be as aggressive," Leber said. "We're counting on our front four to get pressure, and we're dropping back and keeping everything in front of us.

"That's the theory."

The Denver Broncos, the other 6-0 team in the NFL, deviate from that strategy. They have allowed a league-low seven points in the fourth quarter. In fact, Denver continued to blitz San Diego quarterback Philip Rivers with less than three minutes remaining during its 34-23 win Monday night.
    To add to my last post... our coaching staff is being made a fool of by a 32-year old rookie coach who understands the game better.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"C" wrote:
    Based on the offensive and defensive play calls, the Vikings become more conservative in the fourth quarter, focusing more on routine runs and scaling back on blitzes of linebackers and defensive backs.

"Fortunately, we have a good cushion in the fourth quarter, and you don't have to be as aggressive," Leber said. "We're counting on our front four to get pressure, and we're dropping back and keeping everything in front of us.

"That's the theory."

The Denver Broncos, the other 6-0 team in the NFL, deviate from that strategy. They have allowed a league-low seven points in the fourth quarter. In fact, Denver continued to blitz San Diego quarterback Philip Rivers with less than three minutes remaining during its 34-23 win Monday night.
    To add to my last post... our coaching staff is being made a fool of by a 32-year old rookie coach who understands the game better.
    Our coaching staff is 6-0, nobody is making a fool of them.
    Had the coaching staff been more aggressive we may have lost the game.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:

"That's the theory."

McDaniels does not call the defensive signals/plays.
    That job is handled by former Niners head coach Mike Nolan.
    And I fail to see how having a 6-0 record makes anyone look like a fool.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

"Zeus" wrote:
    "C" wrote:

"That's the theory."

=Z=
    I'm talking purely about 4th quarter play. The Broncos are doing a much better job than we are.

And if Childress has absolutely nothing to do with our defensive schemes, he shouldn't be a head coach.

Freya is offline Team Alumni

With the Ravens employing a no-huddle offense, middle linebacker E.J. Henderson struggled to get calls in from the sideline, even resorting to hand signals at one point. And that information sometimes was not relayed to the defensive backs.
    They could start here. Then move on to either eliminating or perfecting the prevent defense.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"C" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "C" wrote:

"That's the theory."

=Z=
    I'm talking purely about 4th quarter play. The Broncos are doing a much better job than we are.

And if Childress has absolutely nothing to do with our defensive schemes, he shouldn't be a head coach.
    C mac, what was going through your mind during the Baltimore game as the announcers were sucking Chily's unit?
    At one point I heard Chilly referred to as a Genuine Offensive Mastermind...I immediately thought of you.
    lol.
    They also went on about how likeable of a guy he is.
    They really talked him up...something I haven't heard, ever.
    But he is being praised around the league for his superiority and coaching awesomeness.

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "C" wrote:

"That's the theory."

=Z=

C mac, what was going through your mind during the Baltimore game as the announcers were sucking Chily's unit?
    At one point I heard Chilly referred to as a Genuine Offensive Mastermind...I immediately thought of you.
    lol.
    But he is being praised around the league for his superiority and coaching awesomeness.
    There's a reason those guys are announcers and not in the NFL anymore.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"C" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "C" wrote:

"That's the theory."

=Z=

lol.
    There's a reason those guys are announcers and not in the NFL anymore.
    You mean Dan Dierdorf could still play in the NFL, but his Chilly ballsucking is holding him back?!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast