Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Are Vikings a better football team?

"vikingivan" wrote:

Thanks for the breakdown.
    I hope he does well.
    I hope he is a great receiver.
    I just don't see how a guy who had 10 fumbles losing 4 of them in 2005 is going to be a big addition to our receiver corps.
    There is always a story to everything.
    The Titan fans were concerned about his fumbles also when he came there. They happened a year when he had trouble retuning punts. He was actually address by Smith and corrected the problem.
    I don't think Childress has special teams plans for Wade.

The salary concern you have is intersting.
    I don't see it a problem if he does not meet his expectations this season and some of the younger guys step up he can easily bet let go as cap space should be able to handle the hit.
    Unfortunately I don't think next years FA WR crop is much better.
    I don't see that happening though as I have high expectations for Wade as far as him playing his role very well.
    I am not saying he will have ridiculous stats because I expect the receptions to be spread out and the offense balanced overall.

All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Billy" wrote:
    "vikingivan" wrote:

Thanks for the breakdown.
    I hope he does well.
    I hope he is a great receiver.
    I just don't see how a guy who had 10 fumbles losing 4 of them in 2005 is going to be a big addition to our receiver corps.
    There is always a story to everything.
    The Titan fans were concerned about his fumbles also when he came there. They happened a year when he had trouble retuning punts. He was actually address by Smith and corrected the problem.
    I don't think Childress has special teams plans for Wade.

The salary concern you have is intersting.
    I don't see it a problem if he does not meet his expectations this season and some of the younger guys step up he can easily bet let go as cap space should be able to handle the hit.
    Unfortunately I don't think next years FA WR crop is much better.
    I don't see that happening though as I have high expectations for Wade as far as him playing his role very well.
    I am not saying he will have ridiculous stats because I expect the receptions to be spread out and the offense balanced overall.
    I was going to post this but you beat me to it.

Yes, the vast majority of those fumbles were on special teams.
    In fact, I think there was one game with the bears where he lost four fumbles!
    But those problems look to be in the past, and like you said, he isn't slated for special teams anyway.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"vikingivan" wrote:
    "CCthebest" wrote:
    I wasnt saying Marcus Robinson was a great receiver. He was however the best we had.

Our whole offense is unproven. Other then the running game, which we all hope will be even better. But we still have no idea if the Oline can pass protect. TJ is raw enough without having to dodge D linemen all day. We had enough 3rd and longs last year, and then all the dump passes childress called.
    As long as we are on the topic of receivers could someone please tell me why we would sign Bobby Wade to a 5year 15 million dollar contract.
    I realize that this contract is not guaranteed and he will never be a Viking the entire time.
    So let's say it is a one year 3 million dollar contract.
    He has 2 career receiving touchdowns.
    His best year he 42 receptions for 481 yards.
    Wow, we made a big splash in the free agent market signing him.
    I am sure the other 31 teams in the NFL all got a good laugh out of that signing.
    Another question/issue that keeps rubbing me the wrong way.
    Why in the heck do you think we signed him?

Because he can't catch a football?
    Because he can't get off the line quick?
    Because he can't get YAC?

Comeon my friend, it is because he can do all of those things and will fit in the WCO scheme.

Sheeeeeessssshhhh
    Were do we find these guys.
    Go back to reading Tom Powers articles.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "vikingivan" wrote:
    "CCthebest" wrote:
    I wasnt saying Marcus Robinson was a great receiver. He was however the best we had.

Our whole offense is unproven. Other then the running game, which we all hope will be even better. But we still have no idea if the Oline can pass protect. TJ is raw enough without having to dodge D linemen all day. We had enough 3rd and longs last year, and then all the dump passes childress called.
    As long as we are on the topic of receivers could someone please tell me why we would sign Bobby Wade to a 5year 15 million dollar contract.
    I realize that this contract is not guaranteed and he will never be a Viking the entire time.
    I am sure the other 31 teams in the NFL all got a good laugh out of that signing.

Comeon my friend, it is because he can do all of those things and will fit in the WCO scheme.

Sheeeeeessssshhhh

;D
    Maybe we signed him because the coach and front office have no idea what they are doing.

Nah, that can't be it.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

"V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "vikingivan" wrote:
    "CCthebest" wrote:

Sheeeeeessssshhhh

;D
    Maybe we signed him because the coach and front office have no idea what they are doing.

Nah, that can't be it.
    You again
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D

Don't encourage these guys my friend.
    They don't know anybetter.
    Comments like that will lead them to believe that we don't have any scouts, cap experts, or coaching staff.
    Heck they almost might be convinced that our owner is a putz and doesn't have the faintest idea on how to run a business.

;D
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "vikingivan" wrote:
    "CCthebest" wrote:

Sheeeeeessssshhhh

;D
    Great so we signed a shorter Twill.
    ;D ;D ;D

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Yes.
    People, a good proportion of them are of the Moss-crotch-sniffer variety, are not happy.
    I like that the team is being built with purpose.
    Build up those damn lines.
    The QB situation is a big question mark, so what.
    If they need to rethink the QB situation, oh well, the rest of the team is on the mend with talent and attitudes.
    On the other hand, the QB situation may be fixed already.

It's nice to see the Chicken Littles come out of the shadows.
    Most of them will go back into their basements until an L.
    They do it every year, hide in the shadows when things are going well and resurface after an ugly game.
    I find it interesting that the site is way busier after a loss, compared to a win.
    I guess many just like to bitch and moan, I have no problem with that.....just bring content or I will rip out your esophagus, fill it with Quikrete, and beat you with it.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

just bring content or I will rip out your esophagus, fill it with Quikrete, and beat you with it.
    That one is almost worth getting rid of a quote on my sig.

Webby, we need more room for qoutes in our sig block so I can carry 3.

;D

In this case I agree with Marrdo. Crazy huh. I like Bobby Wade. He is not horrible. He was probably the second best free agent receiver. We all knew Stallworth was prolly out of reach for us. Didnt have the money or winning team. He is exceptional. Kevin Curtis maybe. I think Philly way over payed for him and we got cheaper and possibly as good. He had near as good of stats last year as Kevin Curtis and didnt have Bulger throwing him the ball or Torry Holt and Isaac Bruce taking all the coverage.

Kevin Curtis
    Year

Team

G

GS

Rec.

yrd.
    Av. yrd. Long
    TD
    1st downs
    2006 St. Louis Rams

16 1 40

479 12.0 42 4 27
    http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/395944

Bobby Wade
    Year

Team

G

GS

Rec.

yrd.
    Av. yrd. Long
    TD
    1st downs
    2006 Tennessee Titans 16 2 33 461 14.0 25 2 22

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/396109

Not a huge difference there. 18 less yards OH NO. 18 less yards but with 7 less receptions is good. Better dare I say. And not as open like I said didnt have two stars occupying the DBs and Bulger not throwing him the ball.
    "Some Coaches pray for wisdom. I pray for 300 lbs. lineman. They give me plenty of wisdom"
    -Chuck Noll

R.I.P. Sean Taylor

As far as do I think we're a better team though. I like my quote earlier. This is my 10 point improvement layout. I think signs point to YES!!! Enjoy.

"PurpleHornsOfDestruction" wrote:

In all fairness. We do have things going for us even without purple shades. I'm not saying we have enough to win a super bowl but it certainly looks promising

TEAM IMPROVEMENTS
    1. Weakest division in the league. Everyone in our division doesn't have much upside except maybe us and the Lions. Green Bay. Lost Ahman Green. Brett Favre has been going down hill for a while and is one year older. One year worse. Chicago lost I think two guys on defense plus the defensive coordinator. That defense that carried that team might not be able to do it this year. They lost Thomas Jones. Without that 1-2 punch that will make T-Rex Gross man that much worse.

2. Second year under a new coach. Everyone knows the flow and has gotten into a groove and feel more comfortable under this coach. The coach has the type of players he wants and doesn't have the type of players he doesn't want

3. Second year under a new system. Players are now adjusted to the new system therefore have more of an idea on what they should do (less hesititation) knowing what the coaches want out of them and are all the people that fit that system. All these signs point to the players preforming better and therefore the team.

OFFENSE IMPROVEMENTS
    4. Second year for Tarvaris Jackson. he knows what he can and can't do. Felt the speed of the game. Know what it is. Now spent an off season becoming in sink with his receivers. Spent a year getting used to NFL practice and what not.

5. We improved our running game obviously we drafted Adrian Peterson. We have a one-two punch now with two great runningback to have one of the best runningback tandems in the league. That will also improve our pass game and make our second year quarterback look that much better when defense are attempting to play the run. As long as AD stays healthy and goes "All Day" then 4. and 5. put together and we got a good offense.

6. We added Bobby Wade who had as good of stats as Kevin Curtis and didnt have Marc Bulger throwing him the ball as well as Torry Holt and Isaac Bruce to occupy
    DBs.
    He should improve that receiver corp

7. Maybe- Troy Williamson entering his 3rd year. Make our break year for him. He corrected his eyes so he could turn into a breakout season for Williamson and be great. That would also help our receiver corp and our QB.

DEFENSE IMPROVEMENTS
    8. Erasmus James is coming back off his injury. The only problem with our superior defense is no pass rush and james should bring that to our defense and make us even more dominent,

9. Greenways coming back and expected to breakout. He'll be good for our pass defense and run support because of his versitility. He'll end up great. And that will be great for our defense

10. We signed Mike Doss to our secondary and improve or pass defense even more.
    "Some Coaches pray for wisdom. I pray for 300 lbs. lineman. They give me plenty of wisdom"
    -Chuck Noll

R.I.P. Sean Taylor

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678