Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Re: Are Vikings a better football team?

"tb04512" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "tb04512" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    Best aquisition was Peterson.
    Biggest loss was Napo.

They cancel each other out, but the team has had a year to grow as a better team so I think they are slightly better than last years team, hopefully.
    ??? napo= AD??? idk bout that one but how abooouuttt the return of greenway, Mckinney no longer has the broken hand, birk is back to 100% and is working on strength rather than rehab, Ejames will be back, getting Sidney rice and Bobby wade, childress realizing he should spread play calling around, getting leslie fraizer who has improved the pass defense whereever he goes ( and we get to keep playing cover 2)

Vinny Cuirico or however you spell it, being a Special teams beast same with rufus alexander....

Thats all i got off the top of my head
    cough*homer*cough
    how is that a homer?
    You only pointed out the good, none of the bad. But I have seen much worse so my comment was a little out of place.

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "tb04512" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "tb04512" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    Biggest loss was Napo.

They cancel each other out, but the team has had a year to grow as a better team so I think they are slightly better than last years team, hopefully.
    ??? napo= AD??? idk bout that one but how abooouuttt the return of greenway, Mckinney no longer has the broken hand, birk is back to 100% and is working on strength rather than rehab, Ejames will be back, getting Sidney rice and Bobby wade, childress realizing he should spread play calling around, getting leslie fraizer who has improved the pass defense whereever he goes ( and we get to keep playing cover 2)
    Vinny Cuirico or however you spell it, being a Special teams beast same with rufus alexander....

Thats all i got off the top of my head
    cough*homer*cough
    how is that a homer?
    You only pointed out the good, none of the bad. But I have seen much worse so my comment was a little out of place.
    of course i only pointed out the good, i believe we will be better and i listed why.

Thanks josdin00

Superbowl!!! is offline Waterboy

I think we're a better team.
    Wiggins was the biggest hit, but with EJames, Birk, and Greenway back, plus 1 more year with the system and getting AP, we'll be a better team.

(plus maybe twill will get some contacts or something)

"V" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    Biggest loss was Napo.

You mentioned in another thread you thought Napo was a big loss, but this is just ridiculous. Napo has done nothing for you to hold him in such high regard.

Did we improve?
    QB: Even
    RB: Yes
    WR: Even
    TE: No
    OL: Even
    Offense: Even
    DL: Yes
    LB: Even
    DBs: Yes
    Defense: Yes

I think this Fraizer guy is the biggest question on D. Questions all over the offense.
    Did we improve?
    QB: Loss -I stand by what Zeus said. Maybe in 2-3 years it would be even or improve if he develops like we all are expecting with purple shades but now. No, LOSS

RB: Yes- We couldnt have lost because we didnt lose ayone. We gained Adrian Peterson who with Taylor will make a much feared rushing tandem

WR: Yes-I can agree with you but I think just slightly we gained. I think in the long run its a YES!!! But now its about even. We lost Taylor yes but we gained Bobby Wade who will be good. He put up as good of stats as Kevin Curtis and he didnt have Marc Bulger throwing him the ball or Torry Holt and Isaac Bruce etting all the coverage. We have Williamson in his 3rd year who could possibly make a break out season. We drafted two future great WR Sydney Rice (optimistically wll be the next Steve Smith or in that category). and Aundrae Aliison who I liked for his potential and skills. The skills he has can't be taught the ones he doesnt can be taught which makes for a late round gem.

TE: No- We lost Jermaine Wiggins. Shancoe will supplement the loss but wont bring the same thing to the feild that Wiggins brought.

OL: Even- No big loss. No big gain. I think it will somewhat improve everywhere though because second year in this system.

Offense:Even- I dont know. Its different. Not
    necessarily better or worse. Just different. It could go either way next year. Lost at QB but supplemented at RB

DL: Yes-I've been saying this a lot. James coming back will improve that pass rush much needed and the two run stopers in the middle will make a dominent D line

LB: Even- If Greenaway has an expected breakout season then I say yes. If not I say no. and thats going to determine whether he makes up for Napo. So since I think its 50/50 I'll go Even

DBs: Yes Lost Smoot but Cedric Griffin coming back for a better year and from an injury. We added Mike Doss. Darren Sharper is DARREN SHARPER. And it depends on Winfeild's work ethic I think plays a big part. But I trust in it working out to be an improvement

Defense: Yes- I beleive o. Just look above or below. Ive raved about our greatness standing behind our defense possible being in the top 3 defenses in the league behind Baltimore and San Diego. Representing the NFC wwith a hard hitting dominent defense... Purple Curtain

"PurpleHornsOfDestruction" wrote:
    Cool The williams Wall is there after all

How fierce will our defense be next year? I'm going to stretch her but I think we'll be a top 3 defense behind maybe Baltimore and someone else who stands up like San Diego. We had a Top 10 Defense last year and now we get the much needed pass rush with E. James. Udeze had 0 sacks so James will be our much needed DE. But any weakness we might still have remaining with the pass rush will be overcome by our Williams Wall. For our DBs we still go the most underrated DB in the league with Winfeild. Then we got Cedric Griffin coming back from an injury. Plus we acquired Mike Doss. The the obvious with the best free safety, D-Sharp. Darren Sharper. Then our linebacker corp will be even more amazing with Chad Greenway coming back after an injury to make them greatness. I just wish we still had Tomlin. I'm definately liking our chances of being like the Bears this year. Spectacular defense with a feared running game that over shadow our quarterback situation. Im just hoping those factors really do over shadow our qb situation. And dare I say it. Possibility.

Super Bowl XLII New England Patriots vs. Minnesota Vikings.
    (I'd hate that. Brady throws Moss the game winning TD and he moons us. God that would hurt. And I mean really, really hurt.)

I've been waiting to say this on the right thread but it never came up. I think this will sufice.

[move][size=20pt]The Minnesota Vikings Defense- THE PURPLE CURTAIN!!![/size][/move]
    "Some Coaches pray for wisdom. I pray for 300 lbs. lineman. They give me plenty of wisdom"
    -Chuck Noll

R.I.P. Sean Taylor

"V" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    Biggest loss was Napo.

You mentioned in another thread you thought Napo was a big loss, but this is just ridiculous. Napo has done nothing for you to hold him in such high regard.

Did we improve?

I think this Fraizer guy is the biggest question on D. Questions all over the offense.
    "Some Coaches pray for wisdom. I pray for 300 lbs. lineman. They give me plenty of wisdom"
    -Chuck Noll

R.I.P. Sean Taylor

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Purple Curtain? That is the best you could think of? My sister had purple curtains in her bedroom. Doesn't exactly invoke fear, and its a direct rip off the steel curtain, a panzified version if you will.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"V" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    Biggest loss was Napo.

Did we improve?

Napo was a beast in the middle last year, one of the big reasons are run D was so good. He was a first round pick in 02 which tells me he is just entering the prime of his career. Last year he recorded 3 int's and 2.5 sacks. He was one of Tomlin's guys and I respected Tomlin's opinion. He has alot of speed and is a perfect fit for a cover 2 defense.

I am not saying that the vikes D is doomed with out him, but he was one of the keys to there success last year, I wish we could have signed him.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    Biggest loss was Napo.

Did we improve?

Napo was a beast in the middle last year, one of the big reasons are run D was so good. He was a first round pick in 02 which tells me he is just entering the prime of his career. Last year he recorded 3 int's and 2.5 sacks. He was one of Tomlin's guys and I respected Tomlin's opinion. He has alot of speed and is a perfect fit for a cover 2 defense.

I am not saying that the vikes D is doomed with out him, but he was one of the keys to there success last year, I wish we could have signed him.
    I definetly remember his presence on his field, but as far as production goes he was nothing more than an average LB. 60 tackles is expected from an MLB IMO.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

"V" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    Biggest loss was Napo.

Did we improve?

I definetly remember his presence on his field, but as far as production goes he was nothing more than an average LB. 60 tackles is expected from an MLB IMO.
    I just think he was the biggest loss this off season and puts alot of question marks on the Linebackers. Hopefully Henderson can be the man in the middle(I think he can) and Greenway can learn quickly(I hope he can) and every one can stay healthy(I pray they can).

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"V" wrote:
    Purple Curtain? That is the best you could think of? .... its a direct rip off the steel curtain.....
    I thought the same thing when I saw that last week.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast