Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Are Vikings Believers in Themselves?

"audioghost" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    Even though Tice is 9-18 on the road, that's an improvement from the Denny era!
    It is??? I'm pretty sure the Denny era was one of the best in our history, unlike this year when the talent is there but we're underachieving....when Denny coached we did more with (maybe) less talent and if not the same amount....
    I was refering to the article;

"Tice is 9-18 on the road since taking over for the final game of the 2002 season after Dennis Green was fired. Overall, the Vikings have lost 31 of their past 40 contests as visitors, dating to the middle of the 2000 season"
    If we lost 31 out of our last 40 games on the road & we were 9-18 with Tice, that means Denny was 0-13.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

I mean I hate to be negative, and I KNOW we have the players this year.....but I can't let someone diss Denny Green like that, because the fact is he was a great coach.....a short one (I met him, looked like an old black elf...kinda like the one on bad santa, xcept old (looks much older in person)) but a goodie!

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"audioghost" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    Even though Tice is 9-18 on the road, that's an improvement from the Denny era!
    It is??? I'm pretty sure the Denny era was one of the best in our history, unlike this year when the talent is there but we're underachieving....when Denny coached we did more with (maybe) less talent and if not the same amount....

The "Denny Years"
    W L
    1992 min | 11 5 0 |
    | 1993 min | 9 7 0 |
    | 1994 min | 10 6 0 |
    | 1995 min | 8 8 0 |
    | 1996 min | 9 7 0 |
    | 1997 min | 9 7 0 |
    | 1998 min | 15 1 0 |
    | 1999 min | 10 6 0 |
    | 2000 min | 11 5
    |2001 min| 5 11

I believe we only missed the playoffs twice those years.....

97-63 overall record with the Vikes, purdy darn good.... those were the years where I could make it to the end of the season and actually feel good about what the Vikes did that year.....

Tice: 25-30 overall record.....I wish cheapy McCombs wouldn't have blown his load when the Vikes had 1 losing season....shoulda kept him or got somebody better....but we got Tice, the team got the short end of that deal......I want John Randle and Chris Doleman and Cris Carter and Robert Smith and Randall McDaniel and Denny back!!! :sad:

DENNY ACTUALLY WON, I loved him as a coach....he knew how to get results.....Green and Grant, the best coaches in our history.....
    This says nothing about Denny's road record in which singer was referring too.

I can't see how he could be 0-13 when in his last 4 seasons the Vikes went

15-1
    10-6
    11-5
    then 5-11 (one bad year)

Ok, correct me if I'm wrong....but you play hlaf of your games on the road, right? And there's 16 games in a season, right? So that means 8 home games, 8 away games, right? So if you go 11-5 you win at least 3 away games, 10-6 at least 2 away games won, 15-1 at least 7 away games won....thats a horrible stat ya got there....because the Vikings didn't go perfect at home those 4 years, therefore the worst case scenerio is that they were 12-20....12-20 AT LEAST in Denny's last 4 years, and thats if all their losses from 98-2000 were on the road, which they were not....so that stat is incorrect......

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

And then everything changed ...

Perhaps inspired by embattled coach Mike Tice’s halftime speech or maybe just embarrassed enough by a combination of off-the-field issues and on-the-field ineptitude, the Vikings rallied for 23 second-half points en route a 23-20 victory.
    I heard a comment from a player, and it went like this, I think it was Burley on NFL TA.

Tice gave a speach at half time and if you closed your eyes and listened, you would have thought it was on of the players talking.

He meant it as a positive for Tice. But the first thing that I thought was "players coach."

Good or Bad???????
    If it worked it must be good! Burley has a lot of respect for Tice.

I taped the progam on DVR. He also said something like it felt as if Tice wanted to strap on the pads & run down field & hit somebody!

I was out of the room for awhile & when I came back in I heard Burley saying something like "Make a trade for me & we'll score a lot of TDs!

After saying WTF? I rewound it only to find out he was talking about Fantasy Football.

Denny was bad his last 2 years....that is it....before those last 2, they were at least 12-7 on the road then if they were 0-13 since the middle of the '00 season.....

In other words NOT AN IMPROVEMENT....Tice hasn't improved on anything since the "Denny years", he never had a 5-11 season, but he had a 6-10 season which is just as bad in my book....before 2000 Denny was solid on the road, so no, it isn't better than we Denny Green coached

I know that audioghost. Once again, I'm refering too how were improving from those last 2 years of Denny, when we 0-13 on the road.

OK, WE STILL SUCK....thats all I'm saying.....WE STILL SUCK ON THE ROAD....we didn't always suck on the road with Denny AT LEAST...but we've ALWAYS sucked on the road with Tice....thats all I'm saying

I understand you. I liked Denny myself. We went up hill with Denny, then down hill with Denny (his last 2 years), stayed pretty much on a flat with Tice & now I believe were goning to start going back up again.

I see improvement finally coming on road wins, as compared to those last 2 denny years. Thats all I'm saying.

"audioghost" wrote:
    I can't see how he could be 0-13 when in his last 4 seasons the Vikes went

15-1
    10-6
    11-5
    then 5-11 (one bad year)

Ok, correct me if I'm wrong....but you play hlaf of your games on the road, right? And there's 16 games in a season, right? So that means 8 home games, 8 away games, right? So if you go 11-5 you win at least 3 away games, 10-6 at least 2 away games won, 15-1 at least 7 away games won....thats a horrible stat ya got there....because the Vikings didn't go perfect at home those 4 years, therefore the worst case scenerio is that they were 12-20....12-20 AT LEAST in Denny's last 4 years, and thats if all their losses from 98-2000 were on the road, which they were not....so that stat is incorrect......
    In his last two years he lost 13, 8 in 2001 & 5 in 2000. Actually Green went 5-10 in his last year, because Tice coached the last game of that year at home & I believe we lost.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast