Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings’ behavior just might not matter - Is the Metrodome all that awful?

"singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Letter of the day: Really, is the Metrodome all that awful?[/size]

Last update: May 4, 2008 - 4:59 PM

startribune.com

CHRIS PICARD, SAVAGE

The Vikings can't compete with other NFL teams playing in the Metrodome -- I get that....
    I am not against an upgrade. Plus do we really want to take away th fun of being blown out the dome after a great win.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    Yes, it is that awful.
    A pathetic stadium.
    Is there a worse place to attend an NFL game?
    I can't think of one.
    Pathetic?
    I don't think so.

As a venue, it's at the bottom, because most of the older stadiums have been replaced by new ones.
    But I still think it's not a bad place to attend a game, mostly because I don't feel the need to be jerked off by amenities when I go to a game.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I agree that the Metrodome is not a horrible stadium.
    I would prefer some more fan amenities, especially after going to the UoP stadium and seeing what it COULD be like.
    But that is not the driving reason that I want a new stadium.

I want a new stadium because without it, the owner cannot remain competitive and still make money on the team.
    That is a losing business model, and no owner in their right mind will keep a team in Minnesota when they could move the team to another community where they could be making a strong profit.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    I would prefer some more fan amenities, especially after going to the UoP stadium and seeing what it COULD be like.

I want a new stadium because without it, the owner cannot remain competitive and still make money on the team.
    That is a losing business model, and no owner in their right mind will keep a team in Minnesota when they could move the team to another community where they could be making a strong profit.
    I agree.

Json is offline GM

Hence the reason you/I will be yelling, GO L.A. Vikings in the near, near, future.
    How strange it will be my friends, oh how strange it will be.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Json" wrote:

Hence the reason you/I will be yelling, GO L.A. Vikings in the near, near, future.
    How strange it will be my friends, oh how strange it will be.
    Doubtful.
    The Minnesota legislature is aware that a new stadium is no longer an option, and next session is a non-voting year.
    It will get done, don't worry.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    Yes, it is that awful.
    A pathetic stadium.
    I can't think of one.
    Pathetic?
    I don't think so.

As a venue, it's at the bottom, because most of the older stadiums have been replaced by new ones.
    But I still think it's not a bad place to attend a game, mostly because I don't feel the need to be jerked off by amenities when I go to a game.

=Z=
    Amenities?
    When I spend a couple grand to go to a game I like to have a place to piss out my expensive crappy beer without wading in your piss on the way there.
    The place is a hell hole.
    I've been to a bunch of stadiums and it is by far the worst.

Hopefully they'll get a new one soon.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    Yes, it is that awful.
    A pathetic stadium.
    I can't think of one.
    Pathetic?
    I don't think so.

Amenities?
    When I spend a couple grand to go to a game I like to have a place to piss out my expensive crappy beer without wading in your piss on the way there.

Apparently, you've never been to a NASCAR track, a horse-racing track, a soccer stadium in a foreign country, a cockfighting ring or Lindsey Lohan's bedroom.

But seriously - you happened to be there on a bad day when the pipes burst.
    I've never had to wade through piss to get to the troughs.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    Yes, it is that awful.
    A pathetic stadium.
    I can't think of one.
    Pathetic?
    I don't think so.

Amenities?

Apparently, you've never been to a NASCAR track, a horse-racing track, a soccer stadium in a foreign country, a cockfighting ring or Lindsey Lohan's bedroom.

But seriously - you happened to be there on a bad day when the pipes burst.
    I've never had to wade through piss to get to the troughs.

=Z=
    I've been to all of them except Lohan's bedroom lol.
    That was a bad day, still had fun though because I love watching the Vikings.
    That was probably something like the 15th-20th game i've been to at the dome, not counting all the baseball games.....and I can't stand that place.
    Part of my bad attitude comes from having to watch the Twins in that facility too....absolutely horrible place to watch a baseball game.
    They'll get the deal done sometime, at least the Twins are getting a respectable stadium in the near future.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

darrion scott doesnt play for the vikings
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast