Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 60
  1. #21
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: Vikings’ behavior just might not matter - Is the Metrodome all that awful?

    "singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Letter of the day: Really, is the Metrodome all that awful?[/size]

    Last update: May 4, 2008 - 4:59 PM

    startribune.com

    CHRIS PICARD, SAVAGE


    The Vikings can't compete with other NFL teams playing in the Metrodome -- I get that....
    I am not against an upgrade. Plus do we really want to take away th fun of being blown out the dome after a great win.

  2. #22
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Vikings’ behavior just might not matter - Is the Metrodome all that awful?

    "Prophet" wrote:
    Yes, it is that awful.
    A pathetic stadium.
    Is there a worse place to attend an NFL game?
    I can't think of one.
    Pathetic?
    I don't think so.

    As a venue, it's at the bottom, because most of the older stadiums have been replaced by new ones.
    But I still think it's not a bad place to attend a game, mostly because I don't feel the need to be jerked off by amenities when I go to a game.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  3. #23
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Vikings’ behavior just might not matter - Is the Metrodome all that awful?

    I agree that the Metrodome is not a horrible stadium.
    I would prefer some more fan amenities, especially after going to the UoP stadium and seeing what it COULD be like.
    But that is not the driving reason that I want a new stadium.

    I want a new stadium because without it, the owner cannot remain competitive and still make money on the team.
    That is a losing business model, and no owner in their right mind will keep a team in Minnesota when they could move the team to another community where they could be making a strong profit.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  4. #24
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,854

    Re: Vikings’ behavior just might not matter - Is the Metrodome all that awful?

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    I agree that the Metrodome is not a horrible stadium.
    I would prefer some more fan amenities, especially after going to the UoP stadium and seeing what it COULD be like.
    But that is not the driving reason that I want a new stadium.

    I want a new stadium because without it, the owner cannot remain competitive and still make money on the team.
    That is a losing business model, and no owner in their right mind will keep a team in Minnesota when they could move the team to another community where they could be making a strong profit.
    I agree.

  5. #25
    Json is offline GM
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,109

    Re: Vikings’ behavior just might not matter - Is the Metrodome all that awful?

    I agree that the Metrodome is not a horrible stadium.
    I would prefer some more fan amenities, especially after going to the UoP stadium and seeing what it COULD be like.
    But that is not the driving reason that I want a new stadium.

    I want a new stadium because without it, the owner cannot remain competitive and still make money on the team.
    That is a losing business model, and no owner in their right mind will keep a team in Minnesota when they could move the team to another community where they could be making a strong profit.
    Hence the reason you/I will be yelling, GO L.A. Vikings in the near, near, future.
    How strange it will be my friends, oh how strange it will be.

  6. #26
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Vikings’ behavior just might not matter - Is the Metrodome all that awful?

    "Json" wrote:
    I agree that the Metrodome is not a horrible stadium.
    I would prefer some more fan amenities, especially after going to the UoP stadium and seeing what it COULD be like.
    But that is not the driving reason that I want a new stadium.

    I want a new stadium because without it, the owner cannot remain competitive and still make money on the team.
    That is a losing business model, and no owner in their right mind will keep a team in Minnesota when they could move the team to another community where they could be making a strong profit.
    Hence the reason you/I will be yelling, GO L.A. Vikings in the near, near, future.
    How strange it will be my friends, oh how strange it will be.
    Doubtful.
    The Minnesota legislature is aware that a new stadium is no longer an option, and next session is a non-voting year.
    It will get done, don't worry.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  7. #27
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: Vikings’ behavior just might not matter - Is the Metrodome all that awful?

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    Yes, it is that awful.
    A pathetic stadium.
    Is there a worse place to attend an NFL game?
    I can't think of one.
    Pathetic?
    I don't think so.

    As a venue, it's at the bottom, because most of the older stadiums have been replaced by new ones.
    But I still think it's not a bad place to attend a game, mostly because I don't feel the need to be jerked off by amenities when I go to a game.

    =Z=
    Amenities?
    When I spend a couple grand to go to a game I like to have a place to piss out my expensive crappy beer without wading in your piss on the way there.
    The place is a hell hole.
    I've been to a bunch of stadiums and it is by far the worst.

    Hopefully they'll get a new one soon.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  8. #28
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Vikings’ behavior just might not matter - Is the Metrodome all that awful?

    "Prophet" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    Yes, it is that awful.
    A pathetic stadium.
    Is there a worse place to attend an NFL game?
    I can't think of one.
    Pathetic?
    I don't think so.

    As a venue, it's at the bottom, because most of the older stadiums have been replaced by new ones.
    But I still think it's not a bad place to attend a game, mostly because I don't feel the need to be jerked off by amenities when I go to a game.
    Amenities?
    When I spend a couple grand to go to a game I like to have a place to piss out my expensive crappy beer without wading in your piss on the way there.
    The place is a hell hole.
    I've been to a bunch of stadiums and it is by far the worst.

    Hopefully they'll get a new one soon.
    Apparently, you've never been to a NASCAR track, a horse-racing track, a soccer stadium in a foreign country, a cockfighting ring or Lindsey Lohan's bedroom.

    But seriously - you happened to be there on a bad day when the pipes burst.
    I've never had to wade through piss to get to the troughs.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  9. #29
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: Vikings’ behavior just might not matter - Is the Metrodome all that awful?

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    Yes, it is that awful.
    A pathetic stadium.
    Is there a worse place to attend an NFL game?
    I can't think of one.
    Pathetic?
    I don't think so.

    As a venue, it's at the bottom, because most of the older stadiums have been replaced by new ones.
    But I still think it's not a bad place to attend a game, mostly because I don't feel the need to be jerked off by amenities when I go to a game.
    Amenities?
    When I spend a couple grand to go to a game I like to have a place to piss out my expensive crappy beer without wading in your piss on the way there.
    The place is a hell hole.
    I've been to a bunch of stadiums and it is by far the worst.

    Hopefully they'll get a new one soon.
    Apparently, you've never been to a NASCAR track, a horse-racing track, a soccer stadium in a foreign country, a cockfighting ring or Lindsey Lohan's bedroom.

    But seriously - you happened to be there on a bad day when the pipes burst.
    I've never had to wade through piss to get to the troughs.

    =Z=
    I've been to all of them except Lohan's bedroom lol.
    That was a bad day, still had fun though because I love watching the Vikings.
    That was probably something like the 15th-20th game i've been to at the dome, not counting all the baseball games.....and I can't stand that place.
    Part of my bad attitude comes from having to watch the Twins in that facility too....absolutely horrible place to watch a baseball game.
    They'll get the deal done sometime, at least the Twins are getting a respectable stadium in the near future.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  10. #30
    olson_10's Avatar
    olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: Vikings’ behavior just might not matter - Is the Metrodome all that awful?

    darrion scott doesnt play for the vikings
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Tyrell Johnson is awful!!!
    By vikings_fan66 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 12-22-2009, 05:33 PM
  2. Mid-Season Behavior
    By Webby in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-27-2007, 05:32 AM
  3. NFL commissioner wants something done about off-field player behavior
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-03-2007, 05:52 AM
  4. No-huddle can look awful good
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-22-2006, 11:41 AM
  5. Any Viking Fans Disapprove of Moss's Behavior
    By abweber in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 01-11-2005, 08:57 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •