Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings beat Bears - Post game articles

[size=13pt]10/15 - Adrian Peterson Interview (podcast)[/size]

One day after rushing into Viking's record books, Adrian Peterson joined P.A. and Dubay to talk about his day and season so far.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"cogitans" wrote:
    [size=13pt]10/15 - Antoine Winfield Interview (podcast)
    [/size]

Cornerback Antoine Winfield makes his weekly appearance with P.A. and Dubay, celebrating his first win in Chicago.
    I like how he accepted some responsibility for the big plays in the 4th.
    Said something like "we all got too comfortable..."
    He didn't call out Griffin or Smith for either of their mistakes.
    That is part of what makes a good leader.
    I guess it does help that he gave up his own big play earlier in the game too...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

"cogitans" wrote:

One day after rushing into Viking's record books, Adrian Peterson joined P.A. and Dubay to talk about his day and season so far.
    I thought it was interesting that they asked him what he thought was going to be hard to adjust to (from college to the NFL), but turned out to be easy.
    He said the speed of the game.

I thought this was awesome, because so many guys say that the biggest adjustment from college to the NFL is the speed of the game.
    Apparently, based on what he's said and what he's done, he was faster than everybody in college and he's still faster than everybody in the NFL - physically and mentally.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"Overlord" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:

I thought it was interesting that they asked him what he thought was going to be hard to adjust to (from college to the NFL), but turned out to be easy.

I thought this was awesome, because so many guys say that the biggest adjustment from college to the NFL is the speed of the game.
    Apparently, based on what he's said and what he's done, he was faster than everybody in college and he's still faster than everybody in the NFL - physically and mentally.
    Quite true. He sure will be great for years to come, as long as he can stay healthy.

I would imagine that should give the Vikings an opportunity to sell some tickets.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"cogitans" wrote:
    "Overlord" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:

Quite true. He sure will be great for years to come, as long as he can stay healthy.

I would imagine that should give the Vikings an opportunity to sell some tickets.
    thats true, does anyone have any idea how the remaining home games are in terms of tickets sold?
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"AngloVike" wrote:
    thats true, does anyone have any idea how the remaining home games are in terms of tickets sold?
    I did a quick Ticketmaster search, and I was ble to get two tickets in the corner endzone at row 14.
    So we still have a ways to go to avoid a local blackout.
    But a convincing win in Dallas would go a long way to fix that...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

I loved this quote from NFL Network, then found the blog post from the Pioneer Press...

Neon Deion praises Peterson
    Had to share this comment from Deion Sanders on Vikings rookie RB Adrian Peterson.

"He has the vision of a Marshall Faulk, the power of a Terrell Davis, and the speed of an Eric Dickerson," said Sanders, now an NFL Network analyst. "Let’s pray he has the endurance of an Emmitt Smith."

Well spoken.

Meanwhile, here's what former NFL coach Steve Mariucci had to say about A.D.

"He is developing his skills as a receiver and in pass protection, but as a runner he has got it," said Mariucci, who also is an NFL Network analyst. "The thing that was impressive today was his endurance and his stamina. He seemed to get stronger as the game went along."
    Due mostly to Chester Taylor carrying some of the load and tiring out the Chicago D!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

vikingTurf is offline Rookie

http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ned=us&q=adrian+peterson&btnG=Search+Ne ws

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234