Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    I disagree with your assessment of Bridgewater and will never wish for, cheer, root for, nor toast a Vikings loss. MaxVike, out
    I could never agree with you on that MaxVike. Your position is very easy to understand, hell we all love the Vikes and want to win, but looking at it logically, if you really want the best for the Vikings then you should be hoping for losses. For me, I just look at the two scenarios and which I think would be better for the Vikings.

Scenario 1: We win a couple games and end up picking 6th-10th in the draft. We miss out on the top couple QBs, Clowney, or a chance to trade back for a haul like the Rams did to the Redskins. But it's ok, because we got a couple wins in a season that is lost. We possibly keep Frazier or Musgrave and maybe even give Ponder another year.

Scenario 2: We lose out, draft 1st or 2nd, take Bridgewater, Clowney, or trade down for a massive haul of picks and can build our defense in the first round. We clean house and bring in a whole new coaching staff.

Obviously the two situations are not guaranteed to happen if we win a couple games or lose out, but they are likely scenarios based on how our games play out. I care about winning a super bowl as much as anyone out there, and I just want us to get there the fastest way, and that is building through the draft and getting a new coaching staff.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 12purplepride28 View Post
    I was hoping for a loss or tie, preferably a loss.
    tbh I was hopi g for a tie. a) it helps our draft stock, b) it hurts the bears, c) it would be cool to be one of the only teams with back-to-back ties. That just doesn't happen anymore

313zoe is offline Starter
    Blog Entries

vikings bears post game

Speilman need to fire Frazier and hire Jay Gruden or Pete Carmichael and let them draft a QB

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    I could never agree with you on that MaxVike. Your position is very easy to understand, hell we all love the Vikes and want to win, but looking at it logically, if you really want the best for the Vikings then you should be hoping for losses. For me, I just look at the two scenarios and which I think would be better for the Vikings.

Scenario 1: We win a couple games and end up picking 6th-10th in the draft. We miss out on the top couple QBs, Clowney, or a chance to trade back for a haul like the Rams did to the Redskins. But it's ok, because we got a couple wins in a season that is lost. We possibly keep Frazier or Musgrave and maybe even give Ponder another year.

Scenario 2: We lose out, draft 1st or 2nd, take Bridgewater, Clowney, or trade down for a massive haul of picks and can build our defense in the first round. We clean house and bring in a whole new coaching staff.

Obviously the two situations are not guaranteed to happen if we win a couple games or lose out, but they are likely scenarios based on how our games play out. I care about winning a super bowl as much as anyone out there, and I just want us to get there the fastest way, and that is building through the draft and getting a new coaching staff.
    Not just the fastest way but to become a LONG term success. For the past 10 years we have been a Yo-yo team. Good-average-bad-average-good-average.....
    I want long term excellence. I know the falcons are having a bad season but prior to that they had domiance of knowing they would win 10 games every season. The Saints are penciled in for 10 wins every season. The Pats are penciled in for 10 wins every season. Why can't we be that instead of the clusterfuck that we are today.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Why can't we be that instead of the clusterfuck that we are today.
    Wilf=Loser

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Wilf=Loser
    Wilf comes out a winner whether the Vikings win or not.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Not just the fastest way but to become a LONG term success. For the past 10 years we have been a Yo-yo team. Good-average-bad-average-good-average.....
    I want long term excellence. I know the falcons are having a bad season but prior to that they had domiance of knowing they would win 10 games every season. The Saints are penciled in for 10 wins every season. The Pats are penciled in for 10 wins every season. Why can't we be that instead of the clusterfuck that we are today.
    What are your chances for long term success with Rick Spielman as GM ?

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

THANK YOU!!! A completely logical voice of reason... music to my ears!!!

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Skol, Vikings - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Skol Vikings, let's win this game,
    Skol Vikings, honor your name,
    Go get that first down,
    Then get a touchdown.
    Rock 'em . . . Sock 'em
    Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!
    Go Vikings, run up the score,
    You'll hear us yell for more. . .
    V-I-K-I-N-G-S
    Skol, Vikings, let's go![4]

Apparently, this is not an appropriate song for some. So, Kevon, Bleedpurple, 12purplepride28, perhaps you should invent a new one.

The irony here is that, let's say the Vikes lost every game, ended up with the #1 pick and took Bridgewater…many, many, would still bitch.

I hope the Vikes kick the Eagles ass Sunday. Skol Vikings, let's go!!!

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    I despise losing. I don't care if it's fishing, hoops, darts, chess, checkers, or frickin' tiddly winks. And there ain't no way on God's green earth that I'll ever root for my team to lose. It goes against the very fiber of my being. If you are in any endeavor that keeps score, well by God, you better be trying to win or deep down you're a loser and will always be one. Losing breeds losing, period. And if any of our guys look like they're packing it in they are losers too. Get rid of them. Now is the time to find out who really wants to play for this team.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast