Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 71
  1. #31
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,851
    Quote Originally Posted by AngloVike View Post
    no there were some in Live chat yesterday actively wanting us to lose. Naming no names but you know who you were
    It was me and I wanted us to lose. I still do. I don't think it makes me any less of a fan.
    I simply know that having a #1 Qb typically changes the direction of a franchise.
    Moral victories are for minor league coaches. I don't mind losing games in a lost season if it means that we can finally be a franchise with 10 years of dominance. I am tied of the 1.5 season of prosperity followed by 3 seasons of crap to mediocrity. Why continue to win and end up selecting 15th. In 2010, we won a meaningless game against the skins and lost out on Luck and Rg3. I'm really glad we didn't get RG3 as he is a talent but his personality sucks. However, you can't tell me that this team wouldn't be much better off with Andrew Luck as our leader for the next 8-9 years. Sorry if it rubs you the wrong way but I hope we lose every game left this season. Every last one. I won't be mad if we win but .... come draft day we will regret it.

  2. #32
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,851
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    Ok, so, let's establish something…I'm old. 51, to be exact. I've met numerous Vikes, played golf with; Ahmad Rashad, met Alan Page, Paul Krause, and am friends with Rich Gannon, etc., blah, blah, blah. As stated earlier…you can argue away, but, I will NEVER AGREE WITH YOUR POINT - EVER.

    No matter when, no matter what, if you are a competitor…you play to win the game. No matter when, no matter where, if you are a fan, you want your Team to win - basic, simple, fandome. If you disagree, so be it…I will never waiver from my position. EVER.

    So, if I'm a ranting old man, I simply don't give a fuck…I'm right. SKOL Vikings, let's go!
    If you understand that seasons are not isolated events than you do hope that your team lose a meaningless game. Anyone care that we beat the 2010? Are you going to hang that up on the wall?

  3. #33
    AngloVike's Avatar
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Sandhurst, UK
    Posts
    6,768
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    It was me and I wanted us to lose. I still do. I don't think it makes me any less of a fan.
    I simply know that having a #1 Qb typically changes the direction of a franchise.
    Moral victories are for minor league coaches. I don't mind losing games in a lost season if it means that we can finally be a franchise with 10 years of dominance. I am tied of the 1.5 season of prosperity followed by 3 seasons of crap to mediocrity. Why continue to win and end up selecting 15th. In 2010, we won a meaningless game against the skins and lost out on Luck and Rg3. I'm really glad we didn't get RG3 as he is a talent but his personality sucks. However, you can't tell me that this team wouldn't be much better off with Andrew Luck as our leader for the next 8-9 years. Sorry if it rubs you the wrong way but I hope we lose every game left this season. Every last one. I won't be mad if we win but .... come draft day we will regret it.
    not questioning anyone's fandom at all and if people can do that then more power to them for it - personally I couldn't but thats just me but doesn't rub me the wrong way in the slightest.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...


  4. #34
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,851
    Put it this way...
    What would our destiny be like this year with the Skins 1st round pick. Lets ignore the other picks they gave up to move up. Imagine having the 5th and possibly the 3rd pick in the draft. All of that was lost because we beat the skins in a meaningless game in Dec. No one will ever remember. No one will ever care about because the season was the worst in Vikings history. However, coming out of that season with Andrew Luck or a plethora of picks that would cement this franchise as a dominant franchise would be useful. Instead we won the game and gained nothing but a plus 1 in the all time win column. That +1 did nothing to insure that we wouldn't be back here again 2 years later. Believe me, we would have been here again last year if not for the willpower of Adrian Peterson. This team is not a .500 team and we need to get it corrected. Having a QB described as a bigger Russell Wilson is the best way I can think of.

  5. #35
    rockymtdan's Avatar
    rockymtdan is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Penrose Co 81240
    Posts
    120
    I for one will side with the loose now crowd.
    Jimmy Jonson did it with GREAT results. He had some real work to rebuild the locker room after that year but he was the man for the job, we dont have that man unfortunately.
    So we lose whether we want to or not and there is no one there to take the many great players we have and put it all together for the long haul.
    This just sucks.
    Go ahead back up your to close away.

  6. #36
    MaxVike's Avatar
    MaxVike is online now Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,506
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    (null)
    I give up. And, I hope the Vikes kick the Ravens ass this Sunday.

    SKOL Vikings!

    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

  7. #37
    purplehelmut's Avatar
    purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Central WV
    Posts
    415
    Quote Originally Posted by Suick View Post
    There are 5 teams with worse record than the Vikes. Jeeeeeeesus.......... how bad do you have to suck these days?????
    No doubt. As bad as we are we're currently sitting at the no. 6 pick. Parity? Seems like craptacular is the word these days. Interesting to see which teams pack it in and which ones have some pride. The Vikings played hard Sunday and with passion. Certainly more passion than the head coach ever displayed.

  8. #38
    bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,940
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    Ok, so, let's establish something…I'm old. 51, to be exact. I've met numerous Vikes, played golf with; Ahmad Rashad, met Alan Page, Paul Krause, and am friends with Rich Gannon, etc., blah, blah, blah. As stated earlier…you can argue away, but, I will NEVER AGREE WITH YOUR POINT - EVER.

    No matter when, no matter what, if you are a competitor…you play to win the game. No matter when, no matter where, if you are a fan, you want your Team to win - basic, simple, fandome. If you disagree, so be it…I will never waiver from my position. EVER.

    So, if I'm a ranting old man, I simply don't give a fuck…I'm right. SKOL Vikings, let's go!
    with all do respect, I don't give a shit who you know or play golf with... it could be Zygy Wilf or Roger Goodell for all I care...

    I get being a competitor.. I'm not saying the players should throw games... I actually like the fact they are playing hard in meaningless games... shows the character of our team and the locker room...

    BUT the fact remains, with every win.. the likelihood of us finding a franchise QB grows less likely... Frankly, if you want to win at the expense of the future.. then sobeit... good for you!!.. I personally, would rather loose to get better than win and chase mediocrity with another shitty QB or another year of Ponder starting for us...

    So the fact I want us to play hard and loose meaningless games for the benefit of our future (given this is a lost year), I think makes me and anyone else in agreement with me more concerned about the big picture than ppl like you who just want to win now... and for what?? bragging rights?? another year with Alan williams, Musgrave and Leslie Frazier running this team? NO THANK YOU!!!

    Big picture here Max... Just ask the Colts (twice) how loosing worked out for them!.. Would you rather have a chance at the next Peyton Manning, and Andrew Luck, or another wasted draft pick on the next Christian Ponder? I rest my case!

  9. #39
    MaxVike's Avatar
    MaxVike is online now Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,506
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedpurple View Post
    (null)
    Holy shit, you sure told me. I will never see this your way. And, I hope you stay true to your word and rest your case. Good grief.

    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

  10. #40
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,407
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedpurple View Post
    with all do respect, I don't give a shit who you know or play golf with... it could be Zygy Wilf or Roger Goodell for all I care...

    I get being a competitor.. I'm not saying the players should throw games... I actually like the fact they are playing hard in meaningless games... shows the character of our team and the locker room...

    BUT the fact remains, with every win.. the likelihood of us finding a franchise QB grows less likely... Frankly, if you want to win at the expense of the future.. then sobeit... good for you!!.. I personally, would rather loose to get better than win and chase mediocrity with another shitty QB or another year of Ponder starting for us...

    So the fact I want us to play hard and loose meaningless games for the benefit of our future (given this is a lost year), I think makes me and anyone else in agreement with me more concerned about the big picture than ppl like you who just want to win now... and for what?? bragging rights?? another year with Alan williams, Musgrave and Leslie Frazier running this team? NO THANK YOU!!!

    Big picture here Max... Just ask the Colts (twice) how loosing worked out for them!.. Would you rather have a chance at the next Peyton Manning, and Andrew Luck, or another wasted draft pick on the next Christian Ponder? I rest my case!
    Why? Russell Wilson was a 3rd round pick (one I was saying we should have drafted)... Tom Brady was a 6th round pick... Drew Brees was the last pick of the 2nd round... Tony Romo went undrafted altogether...

    Not saying there isn't a ton of talent coming out of the first round, but we need a competent FO and scouting team that can identify talent later in the draft. This is something we sorely lack right now.

    But I agree with MaxVike... the players are busting their a$$ to win now, they're not guaranteed a job next year. Love watching those guys, they're Vikings.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •