Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedpurple View Post
    Of course want the Vikes to win.... but at this point... we also know that playoffs are out of the question. If we keep winning meaningless games, we either won't get the QB we need with a draft pick or we will end up paying a kings ransom to draft the guy we need. Either way we're fucked!!.. So yeah, I'd say ppl are mad when we win...

Let's face it.. this team sucks, and with each win, the qb we need is getting less and less likely we get the guy we need and Frazier has a chance to keep his job with this horrible coaching staff... either way it's a loose loose situation
    I get all that. But, there is no explanation or justification that will make me understand the mentality of a fan wanting their Team to lose... Winning is not a loose loose situation, nor is it a lose lose situation.

If you are a Vikings fan, you want your Team to win...pretty simple.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoVikesTX View Post
    Was I the only one secretly hoping for another tie?
    no there were some in Live chat yesterday actively wanting us to lose. Naming no names but you know who you were
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    Frazier should have to pass a concussion test if he names Ponder the starter again
    Agreed. Ponder has shown time and time again he isn't near starting NFL QB material.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by battleaxe4cheese View Post

I have a question. Why are players screaming at the sideline to send out Patterson when the Bears where going for a 66 yard field goal? Shouldn't the coaches already have that covered? Are our coaches that stupid? I mean how in the hell do you not know to do that?
    First for the Vikings though when the players are having to coach the coaches. Then again they see more of the players on the field ( practice and gametime ) than our idiot coaching staff would ever see.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post

Chris Cook is a dumb ass for touching ref was a low point of the game and to me shows some of the on going lack of focus from the coaching staff
    Agreed but the official was right to flag him, shows no respect for the officials at all so was glad to see him canned for that. Plus our secondary was much improved after he went

Cassell isn't a great qb but Ponder shouldn't be a starter this league.....well may be for an opponent
    I wouldn't trust Ponder to run the scout team let alone the first team

drewlovs is offline Pro-Bowler
    Ponder is a bad version of Alex Smith. Smith won't win any games for you, but unlike Ponder, he won't LOSE any for you either.

What I find INFURIATING is why we ever brought Freeman to Minnesota. Maybe Spielman is secret pen pals with Greg Schiano, and agreed to take Freeman, humiliate him, then IA him for the rest of the season? If we were not going to play him, or at least give him some reps to see if he is viable for next season, why didn't we ignore him and get Winfield to bolster our secondary????

I am frustrated, because I don't even KNOW the plan so I can see if I agree with it. Nothing they are doing makes ANY sense.
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.
    ~Napoleon Bonaparte

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    I get all that. But, there is no explanation or justification that will make me understand the mentality of a fan wanting their Team to lose... Winning is not a loose loose situation, nor is it a lose lose situation.

If you are a Vikings fan, you want your Team to win...pretty simple.
    I could argue that as a Vikings fan we ARE winning by loosing... Better draft pick and a bigger likelihood we change coaches at the end of the year...

I can also argue that we are loosing by winning... (i.e. beating the redskins in 2011) and getting a shittier draft pick that takes us "just" out of the range of getting a top QB prospect like we did in 2010 and reaching for a Qb like Ponder... therefore wasting the past 3 years trying to develop a guy who was a reach to begin with.... Sounds like groudhog day ALL over again... No THANKS!!!!

I want us to win no doubt.. but at this point i feel like it defeats the whole purpose when looking at the BIG Picture!... and that is getting the best talent on our team for next year and the future...

Winning games at this point doesn't help us do that...

rockymtdan is offline Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoVikesTX View Post
    Was I the only one secretly hoping for another tie?
    My dark side wanted a tie
    Go ahead back up your to close away.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    It is unrealistic to think of the team throwing games for draft picks. It would be like that Olympic team that threw a game to get an easier opponent and was disqualified from competition. If we were throwing games everyone would know it. The only way to do it would be to play Ponder the rest of the year and let the chips fall where they may. But no one is going to fall on the ball to shave points. That is just silly talk.

WWBGD

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedpurple View Post
    I could argue that as a Vikings fan we ARE winning by loosing... Better draft pick and a bigger likelihood we change coaches at the end of the year...

I can also argue that we are loosing by winning... (i.e. beating the redskins in 2011) and getting a shittier draft pick that takes us "just" out of the range of getting a top QB prospect like we did in 2010 and reaching for a Qb like Ponder... therefore wasting the past 3 years trying to develop a guy who was a reach to begin with.... Sounds like groudhog day ALL over again... No THANKS!!!!

I want us to win no doubt.. but at this point i feel like it defeats the whole purpose when looking at the BIG Picture!... and that is getting the best talent on our team for next year and the future...

Winning games at this point doesn't help us do that...
    Ok, so, let's establish something…I'm old. 51, to be exact. I've met numerous Vikes, played golf with; Ahmad Rashad, met Alan Page, Paul Krause, and am friends with Rich Gannon, etc., blah, blah, blah. As stated earlier…you can argue away, but, I will NEVER AGREE WITH YOUR POINT - EVER.

No matter when, no matter what, if you are a competitor…you play to win the game. No matter when, no matter where, if you are a fan, you want your Team to win - basic, simple, fandome. If you disagree, so be it…I will never waiver from my position. EVER.

So, if I'm a ranting old man, I simply don't give a fuck…I'm right. SKOL Vikings, let's go!

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast