Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    There is NO confidence in this team BY this team. The line is better than they played, and I think its due to the sinking feeling it might not matter. Did you see the broncos OL with Tebow then Manning? It's like its 2 different lines...THAT'S what confidence gives your team.

The Defense seemed to play (in my opinion) like they had to take chances to make a BIG difference. They didn't play like they were after a 3-and-out; they played like it was the fourth quarter with 2 minutes left and they were down by 2 scores. Lack of confidence in your offense does crazy crap to the defense.

Personally, I think we need to see if Cassel is the guy from New England, or the guy from KC. It's the only hope for this season. Otherwise, play to lose and get a new QB in next year's draft.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Probably already mentioned in here, but Ponder continued to roll-out to his left. If Musgrave is calling these plays intentionally, he NEEDS to be fired. What moron calls QB roll-out out to the left with a right handed QB? He's done it all season.

Hester always has a game against us, no shock there.
    I believe someone may have mentioned this but Peterson tends to run to his right. Doesn't make a lot of sense to run play action without a play to set it up. Also, Ponders play fake... is horrible. He sticks it out and pulls it back before the mesh point.

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    I believe someone may have mentioned this but Peterson tends to run to his right. Doesn't make a lot of sense to run play action without a play to set it up. Also, Ponders play is horrible. He sticks it out and pulls it back before the mesh point.
    I hear ya, but I had to fix something you said.

Quote Originally Posted by PackSux! View Post
    I hear ya, but I had to fix something you said.
    My wife walked up behind me while I was watching Ponder in action, and said, "Why did it look like he was falling down there? Did the RB bump into him?"
    I replied, "no, he was handing the ball off. He did better there, actually."
    True story.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Wow, do we ever disagree.

I don't think the D was all that good at all. I thought they were terrible and got bailed out by a handful of big plays and some Bears misfires. Other than that, Chicago and Detroit have both run roughshod all over them.

I also thought the O-line pretty much sucked. They got almost no push on the Bears and allowed Peterson to get repeatedly hot behind the line. They also provided almost no pocket for Ponder.

The rest I agree with. Ponder sucks. Musgrave sucks. Williams sucks, frazier sucks. Wilf sucks (All of them).

Did i leave anyone out?

Caine
    I have to respectfully ask, what evidence can you provide that suggests the D was not good or terrible? I am not being a dick, I really want to know. Unlike Marrdro, I will hear both sides.

The Bears scored 24 points on offense. Not a large number but lets look how they got most of those yards.

Hester broke his own franchise record for single-game kickoff return yards with 249.

Forte running for 90 yards is not gashing our D or running "roughshod".

Our D created 4 turnovers and scored 1 TD. That is a very good day and in fact NFL network mentioned how we were a top 5 D this week. I agree.

As for our OL, ok maybe they were not good but they were not bad nor did they suck. Peterson is still the #3 rusher in the league. Nobody can complain that he is not ripping off 200 yard games. The problem is Ponder. He is slow with his progression (if he even decides to make any) and can't find the open WR. Hell the announcers were mentioning all day the missed WRs and him staring down WRs. That would make any OL look bad.
    Last edited by marstc09; 09-16-2013 at 10:31 PM.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by marstc09 View Post
    The problem is Ponder. He is slow with his progression (if he even decides to make any) and can't find the open WR. Hell the announcers were mentioning all day the missed WRs and him staring down WRs. That would make any OL look bad.
    Ponder so far:

Poor pre-snap reads
    Slow progressions
    Can't find open receivers
    Takes off when pressured
    Can't get the ball out quickly/slow release
    Off target passes on lateral moving players
    Stares down the primary receiver/does not look off defenders

This is the line on Ponder. He plays like a rookie from a small college - not a third year quarterback from Florida State. EJ Manuel, Ponders replacement at Florida State and a rookie in the NFL, is outplaying Ponder this season, and Manuel does not have the reigning NFL MVP in the backfield.

Randy Moss is offline Pro-Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Yeah, Ponder wasn't exclusively to blame but just the fact that we basically took no shots at the end zone to try and score a TD tells me something needs to change on offense. It isn't just him but it has been this way with every QB since Brad Johnson except Brett. Other than that we seem to never take a shot at the end zone when we get past the 40 and IMHO we should be looking to do that on every drive.

The goal on offense should be to score a TD every single drive. Obviously that won't happen but it certainly will happen more if you expect it to happen than if you just play to get close and then settle for a FG when the drive stalls.
    We took a shot at the end zone once. It resulted in a touchdown. Why not toss one up to Rudolph when we get inside the 30?

Then, the rest of the game we never went for the end zone again. Although, to be fair, Wright dropped an easy screen pass that likely would have resulted in a TD or first and goal from the 1.

The end of the game really bothered me. If you're going to try to run out the clock, I wouldn't agree with the decision, but at least run it three times then. But no, we wait until third down to give up and try to run out the clock, even though the Bears hadn't been able to stop us. So they had an eternity to march down the field and win the game and they still had a time out.

Suick is offline Pro-Bowler
    I saw hope in this game. Button up the KO coverage and we win.

On point I'd like to make that been bugging the shit out of me............

I know its blasphemy, but AD's running drives me up a tree. He cuts back into the teeth of the defense constantly. Seems like he's unwilling to take and extra 4-5 yds in hope of getting one more cut to break it for 50.

In particular...... the play where he reversed field, had the lef side wide open then cut back into the pursuit, before slipping to the turf. Drive killer.
    I've been a Viking fan since I was just out of diapers, hopefully we get Super Bowl win before I go back in 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by Suick View Post
    I saw hope in this game. Button up the KO coverage and we win.

On point I'd like to make that been bugging the shit out of me............

I know its blasphemy, but AD's running drives me up a tree. He cuts back into the teeth of the defense constantly. Seems like he's unwilling to take and extra 4-5 yds in hope of getting one more cut to break it for 50.

In particular...... the play where he reversed field, had the lef side wide open then cut back into the pursuit, before slipping to the turf. Drive killer.
    As it stands, those cut-backs you are talking about are the only long range threats the Vikings have. Until Ponder can threaten a big play, I'll take the AD cut-backs and hope...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678