Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    Carlson is still a non-factor. I was expecting quite a bit more after training camp, but...meh. Just meh.

I don't know about that.

He certainly factored into us not getting a last chance hail Mary shot.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by marstc09 View Post
    How so? Last week he had 64% completion and this week 53%.

He cost us 7 points unlike last week.

He also had 9 less passing yards this week. Not a big deal but just saying.

Our Defense played lights out. Jared Allen strip and Robison return. Griffin batted ball and Williams pick. Harrison pick. Guion strip and fumble recovery. Even that could not help. Nobody can say shit about that D performance this week.

OL was good. Peterson had slightly more yards. Our WR can catch the ball and so can Kyle. Did I mention Patterson scored on a kick return?

Ponder can't find open WRs. I seen them all day. Hell even the announcers were mentioning it. He stares down the WRs and has no vision.

Walsh had 3 FGs but can't seem to kick it out of the end zone. *snicker*

It is time to end this relationship.
    Wow, do we ever disagree.

I don't think the D was all that good at all. I thought they were terrible and got bailed out by a handful of big plays and some Bears misfires. Other than that, Chicago and Detroit have both run roughshod all over them.

I also thought the O-line pretty much sucked. They got almost no push on the Bears and allowed Peterson to get repeatedly hot behind the line. They also provided almost no pocket for Ponder.

The rest I agree with. Ponder sucks. Musgrave sucks. Williams sucks, frazier sucks. Wilf sucks (All of them).

Did i leave anyone out?

Caine

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Ponder:

First Half: 6/14 81 yds
    Second Half: 10/16 146 yds

Second half much better than the first, even though we couldn't finish a drive with a TD. We went back to running the ball and short passes, which was the right call. Ponder cannot throw deep, so stop making those calls. And WHY ARE WE STILL ROLLING LEFT?
    Unfortunately we need to combine both halves in order to determine how well he played.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

vikesrgreat2 is offline Starter
    Blog Entries
    All,

To be honest, the way the game ended, I felt like my guts were ripped out! But, after thinking about it, I calmed down and thought the Vikings showed improvement today. That being said, we're a 0-2 work in progress now.

"At Detroit" and "at Chicago" are 2 very tough games to start the season! At this time, I'm most concerned about how points our defense have given up in the 2 games so far. If I'm correct, I think the Vikings have given up 65 points so far. That puts WAY to much pressure on an offense whose QB, as we know, is substandard by today's QB standards. In addition, AD is not having the best start to the season, and I think our offensive line has not been playing as well as it's capable of playing. This makes it hard for AD to break those big runs open.

I was at a church picnic during the game, so I did not see most of the game. I was encouraged by the play of Xavier Rhodes, and am getting REALLY excited about Patterson with his 105-yard TD return! I was really happy to see Robison get a TD off an interception. These big plays are keeping us in games, but right now we just have almost no margin of error. In other words, we have to play almost perfectly to win.

I agree that the playcalling of Coach Musgrave seems too conservative and make the team look like it's so afraid to make a mistake that it plays tentatively. In my opinion, that's the biggest mistake of all. We can beat Cleveland with less than perfect play. However, if we lose to both Cleveland and Pittsburgh, then I would support a change at starting QB at a minimum. Let's not panic yet. Save the panicking for 2 weeks from now if we end up 0-4 at the bye...

LIVike is offline Starter
    I agree with caine for the most part. I thought the defense was crap. You cant use the they were gassed excuse in the first half when cutler picked them apart and seeing as the vikings started to sustain long drives in the second you cant use it their either. Why Bishop isnt playing I will never know. Rhodes looked good, although the play would have been called back that tipped pass he had was great. D line could not get pressure at all again. Cutler had a lot of time for the most part. Smith came up big again. Its nice to know at least one guy on defense gives a crap. I don't think we can luck out with teams shooting themselves in the foot on offense to keep us in games much longer

Offense came out slow again but looked better. Not a lot better but better. Peterson started off slow but he did break out some nice runs. Its kind of pathetic that our 2 minute offense consists of handing him the ball. Jennings made some nice catches and Simpson had a game that I feel we can expect from him. Rudolph had a nice td grab that no one could see live. I'm going to precede my next statement by saying I do not think ponder is the answer. With that said in the second half he looked better. He still made some poor choices but it was nowhere near as bad as last week (just stop rolling out to the left). He did have a nice audible towards the end of the game, which I don't think we have ever seen from him. Did he play good? No, but he didn't cost us the game. I think what we saw in the second half is the offense we need to run right now. Short passes and more screens. Yes its not exciting but would you rather ponder turns it over (I'm assuming he will remain starter) or we have a three and out or a sustained drive that ends in some form of points.

Special teams aside from Patterson's return was crap. Hester set a new bears record in return yards. The fact that the vikes were even in this is incredible seeing as the bears were starting at midfield most of the time. That one touchback call was crap but even without that the coverage team sucked today. Carlson is also an idiot. Why on earth he didn't just fall on the damn ball is just mind boggling.

At least we play the browns next week.
    None

Freya is offline Team Alumni
    You know....the Oline wasn't bad in the second half. I saw lots of nice pockets and Ponder had time to make a play. The problem is Ponder. And another thing.......with so many bears stacked in the box, who was covering our receivers? Which leads me to wonder whether the problem was our receiving corp or Ponder. Ponder needs to go, either way.

The Dline was not bad either. However, the secondary was iffy at best.

Peterson was hesitant. I can't really blame him considering the slipping and sliding going on. If it was me, I would save my knee to play another day also. He can't be expected to save our team from poor coaching and poor play execution every week.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

kingpin9995 is offline Starter
    \\I was listening to the post game fan line and wanted to call in. Let's get real. This is the new NFL. There will never again be a Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson led SB winner with a great defense. You can't win in this league by having a GAME MANAGER, like Ponder is asked to do and can't. If you don't have a top tier qb , just pack up and go home because you can't win. Check out who goes to the playoffs... and WINS. Not 1970 throwback Lesile Frasier teams, who think they can rely of a running back to win games. Quarterbacks win games. Game managers LOSE GAMES. Ponder is and never will be even a top 20 qb in this league. Cassel has at least a chance to win some games with Peterson and the stacked boxes. Ponder just can't make the throws. It's back to the drawing board trying to find a quarterback that can be a franchise qb. Look at GEIN bay. Back to back HOF QB'S. Its no coincidence they have had success. Then look at us. A laundry list of hacks and over the hill bums for the past two decades. Hopefully we lose enough to draft a future great qb. We'll probably fuk that up too even with the first pick. Musgrave is handcuffed with this rag armed pretty boy.

Quote Originally Posted by LIVike View Post
    I agree with caine for the most part. I thought the defense was crap. You cant use the they were gassed excuse in the first half when cutler picked them apart and seeing as the vikings started to sustain long drives in the second you cant use it their either. Why Bishop isnt playing I will never know. Rhodes looked good, although the play would have been called back that tipped pass he had was great. D line could not get pressure at all again. Cutler had a lot of time for the most part. Smith came up big again. Its nice to know at least one guy on defense gives a crap. I don't think we can luck out with teams shooting themselves in the foot on offense to keep us in games much longer

Offense came out slow again but looked better. Not a lot better but better. Peterson started off slow but he did break out some nice runs. Its kind of pathetic that our 2 minute offense consists of handing him the ball. Jennings made some nice catches and Simpson had a game that I feel we can expect from him. Rudolph had a nice td grab that no one could see live. I'm going to precede my next statement by saying I do not think ponder is the answer. With that said in the second half he looked better. He still made some poor choices but it was nowhere near as bad as last week (just stop rolling out to the left). He did have a nice audible towards the end of the game, which I don't think we have ever seen from him. Did he play good? No, but he didn't cost us the game. I think what we saw in the second half is the offense we need to run right now. Short passes and more screens. Yes its not exciting but would you rather ponder turns it over (I'm assuming he will remain starter) or we have a three and out or a sustained drive that ends in some form of points.

Special teams aside from Patterson's return was crap. Hester set a new bears record in return yards. The fact that the vikes were even in this is incredible seeing as the bears were starting at midfield most of the time. That one touchback call was crap but even without that the coverage team sucked today. Carlson is also an idiot. Why on earth he didn't just fall on the damn ball is just mind boggling.

At least we play the browns next week.

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Tad7 View Post
    Ponder only gets props by Ponder standards. Him making normal plays is something to celebrate. I think everyone is aware of who he is in the bigger picture by now....hopefully.
    Ain't that the f***ing truth? Dude is so bad he gets patted on the back for looking average for a half of football. We've been so deprived even I was impressed. Then I look at the numbers other QB's are putting up this year and I just want to punch myself in the face for being impressed with mediocrity.

We're going to go down as the team that wasted AD's career. Like Detroit did with Sanders. I'm so disgusted.

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by kjdaddy View Post
    Why the heck do they roll him out left 28 times a game??? He makes terrible decisions/passes going left and they do it over again and again???!?
    Haha, that was the most common comment during game chat today, "left again? wtf". Billick mentioned that it might have something to do with our PA. It's easier to roll left after PA or some such crap, or AD likes to run right so the PA sells better rolling to the left. Whatever, I'm not buying it. The PA sucks too so maybe it should all be changed?

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Unfortunately we need to combine both halves in order to determine how well he played.
    THANK YOU.

Who cares about a couple nice completions in the second half?

at least it's not a Pick 6?!

That's the kind of thinking that gets you in the Super Bowl.... LOL.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast