Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Ponder:

First Half: 6/14 81 yds
    Second Half: 10/16 146 yds

Second half much better than the first, even though we couldn't finish a drive with a TD. We went back to running the ball and short passes, which was the right call. Ponder cannot throw deep, so stop making those calls. And WHY ARE WE STILL ROLLING LEFT?
    By that I assume you are referring to the Vikes actually getting a 1st down in the second half. As opposed to the garbage that was th 1st half of both games? Angry, sarcastic question. The play calling is shit. I hope musgrave gets abducted by aliens. I wanted to say that I hope that he gets killed by a runaway train, but thats mean, and this is just football.
    Tuco the world.....

Ranger is offline Coach
    Carlson is still a non-factor. I was expecting quite a bit more after training camp, but...meh. Just meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    In the past I may have been devastated by a loss like this but the saddest part of this game is that the end result was anticipated and expected.I think my give a shit is busted
    LOLOLOLOL. I told my wife: "Watch this: Bears will score." The end of the game reminded me of something that piece of sh*t, Denny would do........I knew as soon as the bears got the ball. Automatic TD. AS GOD AS MY WITNESS, I SAID IT.
    Tuco the world.....

acman1 is offline Rookie
    Carlson had an above average game though.

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    In the past I may have been devastated by a loss like this but the saddest part of this game is that the end result was anticipated and expected.I think my give a shit is busted
    That about sums it up for me. I knew if we settled for a FG at the other end and only went up by 6, that our prevent D would allow Cutler to drive down field like Montana and we'd lose by 1. Seen it too many times before. My give a shit got busted after the '09 loss, and I never bothered to get it fixed, so all I can do is laugh at the almost expected failure at this point.

Now the only uncertain thing from week to week, is how will they'll blow it this time, and how bad will Ponder look. Surprisingly, Ponder actually looked half way like an NFL QB in the 2nd half.

You see Tuco's face at the bottom of my post? Yah, that's how I've felt about the Vikes SINCE I STARTED WATCHING THEM. 98? Denny pissed it away. Thanks Gary. And thank you, Denny, for not going for it on 4th down. Since then? Comical coaching staff merry-go-round. Meathead, and the Lawn gnome are my personal favs. And the QB DEBACLE? Where's J George when you effin need him? The play calling is criminal. Musgrave should be fired, NOW.EFFIN NOW! Of course, that won't happen. The Wilfs are mentally "Divergent." Like the guy in "12 Monkeys." Nice mustache, Ziggy. YOU DICK
    Tuco the world.....

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    I want to say this before we start giving Ponder props... We all remember the 1 good pass and the 10 bad ones. I say don't forget.

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    I want to say this before we start giving Ponder props... We all remember the 1 good pass and the 10 bad ones. I say don't forget.
    Ponder only gets props by Ponder standards. Him making normal plays is something to celebrate. I think everyone is aware of who he is in the bigger picture by now....hopefully.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

ConnecticutViking is offline Pro-Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Ponder gets no props...he's not an NFL starting QB. All of the second half drives stalled in the red zone. Play calling may have been shit, but Ponder can't make the throws. This team is so limited, because his skill level is just terrible. I'VE NEVER EVER HATED A VIKING BEFORE! BUT I HATE PONDER. I HATED THE PICK, I HATE HIS PROGRESSION AS A STARTER AND I HATE THE FACT THAT THERE ARE SO MANY YOUNG, GOOD QUARTERBACKS OUT THERE AND WE HAVE THIS PIECE OF SHIT!

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries
    Ponder played well in the second half. He had a terrible INT returned for a TD and was ineffective in the first. Second half it seemed that his freedom expanded and he was calling out signs and signals, blitzes and stuff at the LOS.

Chris Cook had terrible coverage in the final play. I don't know why he didnt cover the outside.

Also, Chicago should have been called for illegal formation on the TD play because they had 3 recievers on the LOS. I don't know how they didnt overturn the Carlson fumble either.

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast