Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    So the Vikings were willing to pay more than $12 mil/yr for a WR after all.
    IDK. Floria isn't buying it, and I am not so sure either. It doesn't pass the smell test IMHO

Wallace’s dad claims Vikings offered more | ProFootballTalk

...Widespread perception throughout the league during the three-day tampering period and the hours before Wallace had a deal in place with the Dolphins was that the Dolphins had no real competitor for Wallace’s services. If the Dolphins actually had managed to get Wallace without having to be the highest bidder, the Dolphins would have found a way to get the word out on that point — especially in light of the chronic suggestion in recent years that players don’t want to play in Miami.

Besides, the Vikings weren’t in position to make a serious run at Wallace until the day before the market opened, when a deal was struck to send receiver Percy Harvin to the Seahawks. By then, the Dolphins had the foundation in place for a deal that was wrapped up quickly once the new league year began.

We’re not saying Wallace’s father is lying. It’s far more likely that facts got blurred and/or bastardized in translation...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    I'm glad he didn't accept the Vikings offer if it is indeed true that they offered more money. Yes he has blazing speed, and can usually get separation from defenders, but I like what Greg Jennings brings to this team more than what Wallace would have.

Jennings has great hands, runs great routes, can do damage after the catch, and is a great locker room guy whereas Wallace has very good speed, runs ok routes, doesn't have the best hands, and is known to be a diva at times. I would rather have Jennings for less any day of the week, and twice on Sunday's (pun intended)

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    I'm glad he didn't accept the Vikings offer if it is indeed true that they offered more money. Yes he has blazing speed, and can usually get separation from defenders, but I like what Greg Jennings brings to this team more than what Wallace would have.

Jennings has great hands, runs great routes, can do damage after the catch, and is a great locker room guy whereas Wallace has very good speed, runs ok routes, doesn't have the best hands, and is known to be a diva at times. I would rather have Jennings for less any day of the week, and twice on Sunday's (pun intended)
    I agree, and I think we might be better off with Jennings than Harvin too. I just think he's going to help our other young WRs more in the film room and on the sidelines, and quite possibly, he'll have some helpful insight for our young QB too.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainviking View Post
    I agree, and I think we might be better off with Jennings than Harvin too. I just think he's going to help our other young WRs more in the film room and on the sidelines, and quite possibly, he'll have some helpful insight for our young QB too.

Not to mention a complete understanding of the Packers offensive playbook.

GB will no doubt have to change their play calling up, which could pose some troubles for them. I am sure they would have no problem doing that, but just having to switch something they did for so long is a plus for the other teams playing them.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainviking View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post

+2

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345