Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

Vikings to battle for Wallace?

Agreed re: $11MM...

Besides, I would rather have Jennings out of the FA WRs. High character, complete player, unselfish, great production, "gets" Team.

I also like Brandon Gibson...he's more of a "Spielman guy." Under the radar, good upside, low risk...

All that said, anyone is a significant improvement...as we all painfully know.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post

I also like Brandon Gibson...he's more of a "Spielman guy." Under the radar, good upside, low risk...
    I think Mohamed Massaquoi is more of a Spielman guy. Down at the bottom of the pool where Spielman mainly feeds.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    Trade Percy. Aquire Wallace. Pay him the money retaining Percy would have cost.
    Mike Wallace in, Percy Harvin out for Vikings?
    Y! SPORTS

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

PackSux! is online now Hall of Famer
    If we gain Wallace and lose Percy let's just hope that Wright can step up and replace Harvin.

If Wright does blow up and become as good as Harvin then we will be in the same boat a couple years from now.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    I hate that everyone thinks Wright is a good wr. I mean what has he done exactly. Caught a couple of passes. 1 deep ball, a td or two? He's simply an average speedster. There is a reason he was around in the 4th. He's fast and small and has yet to show me anything cclose to being the player people think he will be.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    I hate that everyone thinks Wright is a good wr. I mean what has he done exactly. Caught a couple of passes. 1 deep ball, a td or two? He's simply an average speedster. There is a reason he was around in the 4th. He's fast and small and has yet to show me anything cclose to being the player people think he will be.
    That doesn't make him a bad recevier either. He showed some flashes of potential last year, and in a WR's rookie year that is normally all you can expect.

I don't think that Wright will be as good as Harvin - Harvin really i a special player. But I think that a Wallace + Wright combo would be better than a Harvin + Wright combo. Mostly because both Harvin and Wright are best suited to the slot.

That being said, I am not 100% sold on Wallace either. He is fast as hell, but isn't the best route runner. I think he would instantly be the #1 WR on our team, but that isn't saying much either. I hope we pursue him, but not break the bank on him.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    Why not just trade Percy to Miami (his home) and eliminate the only other bidder for Mike Wallace? We could get our guy, not break the bank, and get much needed draft picks for Percy. Dolphins love this trade because Percy > Wallace. Works for everyone.
    I was thinking the Dolphins were a perfect fit for him too. Not only is it home for him, but they also have a shitload of cap space and extra picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

On the other hand, Gotta agree with the sentiment that it's hard to believe we'll sign Wallace. How many times have we courted big name FA WRs only to see them sign elsewhere? Easier to believe he'll get a better deal, in a warmer climate with a better QB throwing the ball...

But he does fill a role we need of deep threat WR. I could see him starting on one side with a more versatile route runner starting on the other and Wright/Harvin working the slot, and we could still add that guy in the draft. It's too bad Keenen Allen can't run a 40 with his knee lingering, or is it!??
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainviking View Post
    I was thinking the Dolphins were a perfect fit for him too. Not only is it home for him, but they also have a shitload of cap space and extra picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

On the other hand, Gotta agree with the sentiment that it's hard to believe we'll sign Wallace. How many times have we courted big name FA WRs only to see them sign elsewhere? Easier to believe he'll get a better deal, in a warmer climate with a better QB throwing the ball...

But he does fill a role we need of deep threat WR. I could see him starting on one side with a more versatile route runner starting on the other and Wright/Harvin working the slot, and we could still add that guy in the draft. It's too bad Keenen Allen can't run a 40 with his knee lingering, or is it!??
    I don't think anyone was expecting Allen to turn in a blazing 40 time. Most projections I read had him right around 4.5 (although he thinks he can run a 4.4). Good speed, but not elite. Doesn't mean he can't be a good deep threat receiver though. Especially at 6-3 or 6-2 depending on which site you read. His larger value I think will be in his versatility to play in any WR position.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post

I think Mohamed Massaquoi is more of a Spielman guy. Down at the bottom of the pool where Spielman mainly feeds.
    I get that you hate Spielman. Do you also hate Brandon Gibson?

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

D Amendola? I can't see the Front office payin up for Wallace. I feel like Amendola would bring some solid, if not flashy, play at the wr position. Would love to see the Vikes go for him.
    Tuco the world.....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast