Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Vikings to battle for Wallace?

Vikings expected to battle Dolphins for Mike Wallace

Report: Vikings expected to battle Dolphins for Mike Wallace | ProFootballTalk

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Vikings Might Be Front Runners In The Mike Wallace Sweepstakes

Vikings Might Be Front Runners In The Mike Wallace Sweepstakes - Daily Norseman

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Vikings Might Be Front Runners In The Mike Wallace Sweepstakes

Vikings Might Be Front Runners In The Mike Wallace Sweepstakes - Daily Norseman
    Trade Percy. Aquire Wallace. Pay him the money retaining Percy would have cost.
    Put Wright in the slot and you have a more balanced and, perhaps better, offense.

But Spielman is a value shopper and he probably wont show interest, much less, be able to compete with teams with more cap space.

I would be very surprised if Wallace became a Viking.

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    I would prefer to keep Percy Harvin and go with another FA WR that wouldn't cost as much and also find one in the draft.

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Why not just trade Percy to Miami (his home) and eliminate the only other bidder for Mike Wallace? We could get our guy, not break the bank, and get much needed draft picks for Percy. Dolphins love this trade because Percy > Wallace. Works for everyone.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Mike Wallace is a body catcher. Nothing i hate worst than a body catcher.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    Trade Percy. Aquire Wallace. Pay him the money retaining Percy would have cost.
    Put Wright in the slot and you have a more balanced and, perhaps better, offense.

But Spielman is a value shopper and he probably wont show interest, much less, be able to compete with teams with more cap space.

I would be very surprised if Wallace became a Viking.

You are a wise and observant man.

MaxVike is online now Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    I hear ya, but, I hate a body snatcher more

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post

HOLY HELL Kevon... I agree with you!

I don't like Wallace, nevermind as a #1 receiver. Wallace is a guy who has a role. He's a better version of Berrian. No more. There's no denying his speed, his straightline speed is unrivaled in this league. Problem is, there's more to football than running fast. He doesn't catch very well with his hands, he's got an attitude, he doesn't run the complete route tree. I don't even have faith in him to run more than half of it reliably. He's not overly big or physical, and he'll cost a LOT of money.

He's Bernard Berrian 2.0. Mark my words. Somebody will overpay him based on some alright production with a guy with a huge arm throwing to him. He'll go to another team, be the #1 and be average to below average as far as production is concerned. COmpare the stats, he's a slightly improved Berrian.

I'm not opposed to getting him, as we NEED receivers. Anything is better than nothing, but I hope we don't sacrifice better players in order to get him. I just don't think we're equipped to use him well.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    HOLY HELL Kevon... I agree with you!

I don't like Wallace, nevermind as a #1 receiver. Wallace is a guy who has a role. He's a better version of Berrian. No more. There's no denying his speed, his straightline speed is unrivaled in this league. Problem is, there's more to football than running fast. He doesn't catch very well with his hands, he's got an attitude, he doesn't run the complete route tree. I don't even have faith in him to run more than half of it reliably. He's not overly big or physical, and he'll cost a LOT of money.

He's Bernard Berrian 2.0. Mark my words. Somebody will overpay him based on some alright production with a guy with a huge arm throwing to him. He'll go to another team, be the #1 and be average to below average as far as production is concerned. COmpare the stats, he's a slightly improved Berrian.

I'm not opposed to getting him, as we NEED receivers. Anything is better than nothing, but I hope we don't sacrifice better players in order to get him. I just don't think we're equipped to use him well.
    There are 2 Wrs that will be better than him in this draft.
    I think Hunter and Woods will be eventually better than him as pure WRs.
    He is a good wr but not worth the 11 million he is asking for.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast