Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Vikings: Battle for No. 2 QB may not be over

"singersp" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    J.T. has had more experience then given credit for. I saw him play in a preseason games with the Saints and he did ok, nothing spectacular. He did QB a championshiop team in NFLE, must give him some kudos since he finished with a passer rating of 92 (61% completion) with over 1,500 yds, 10 TDs and 5 Ints. Still has a huge question mark regarding his potential in the NFL.

McMahon has some experience, but he looked pretty bad in the few games I saw him play in.

Bottom-line is that BJ will need to stay healthy. Go O-line!
    Well I saw JT play in a pre-season game when he was with the Packers.

He couldn't hit a receiver if they were both standing in the same phone booth together.
    That was part of the packers scheme, Brett was giving him advice on how to have a 29 pick season. JT was playing with all the 2nd and 3rd string receivers and Brett had to use them later in the season and he like to blame them for his problems.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"vikinggreg" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    J.T. has had more experience then given credit for. I saw him play in a preseason games with the Saints and he did ok, nothing spectacular. He did QB a championshiop team in NFLE, must give him some kudos since he finished with a passer rating of 92 (61% completion) with over 1,500 yds, 10 TDs and 5 Ints. Still has a huge question mark regarding his potential in the NFL.

McMahon has some experience, but he looked pretty bad in the few games I saw him play in.

Bottom-line is that BJ will need to stay healthy. Go O-line!
    Well I saw JT play in a pre-season game when he was with the Packers.

He couldn't hit a receiver if they were both standing in the same phone booth together.
    That was part of the packers scheme, Brett was giving him advice on how to have a 29 pick season. JT was playing with all the 2nd and 3rd string receivers and Brett had to use them later in the season and he like to blame them for his problems.
    It had nothing to do with it being 2nd & 3rd string recievers.

If the ball is thrown 5 yards wide of the receiver, it doesn't matter who the hell the receiver was.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

The bottom line is I've seen him play too. Yes he's played poorly. I've also seen him play well at times too. All I'm saying here is people aren't giving him a chance. The guy has never played with a solid team around him since being in the NFL. He has a great O-Line now, decent WRs and a decent RB. I'd like to see how he does with some talent.

People can't always be judged by how they play when they don't have surrounding help. Look at how poorly Pep played last year. If that was his rookie season, what would you say about him? He's only played 1 full year and it was with a horrible team. Last year he played with a bunch of "replacements."

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567